Career Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Five Ways to Get Board Backing for Your Marketing CampaignJulia CupmanSecuring buy-in—and budget—from board-level stakeholders is one of the biggest challenges marketers face. Particularly in B2B firms, Sales often has more influence than Marketing. So what can you do?
LinkedIn Lessons From Game of Thrones: Seven Ways to Develop Connections (Part 1)Larry KimWe might be in a Game of Thrones dry spell these days, but that's no reason not to glean some real-world lessons from Westeros's favorite characters and clans about how ...
Becoming a 'Visible Expert': Seven Traits Shared by Industry All StarsLee W. FrederiksenFirms with well-known industry experts and thought leaders are more likely to attract leads, command premium fees, and possess strong, recognized brands. Those "Visible Experts" have these seven traits in ...
The Rise of Podcasts as Business Education [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAs our world has grown more mobile and related technology has evolved, podcasting has become a mainstream form of continuing education—including for marketers.
Seven Tips for the Care and Nurturing of Great Marketing TeamsSusan SolomonMarketing teams need to be innovative, quick-thinking, service-oriented, and committed to the company brand. That's a tall order. How do you keep the company's most creative team performing at their ...
What Sales Pros Want From Product Management [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiMore than 100 Dreamforce attendees recently shared their answers to five questions from Wizeline about what sales professionals want from product managers.
Five Tips for Giving the Right Feedback on Web DesignRoy ChomkoGiving design feedback should be painless. Going full-on Don Draper and tearing apart your designer's work won't lead to better designs. But providing unclear or insufficient feedback might prove even ...
What Time of Day Do Marketers Feel Most Productive?Ayaz NanjiSome 63% of marketing and advertising executives say they feel most productive in the morning, according to a recent report from The Creative Group.
12 Tools to Help You Avoid PR and Marketing Workload StressorsShirley PattisonPublic relations and marketing professionals know how hard it is to keep on top of a never-ending workload. But we are living in the Digital Age, and we have access ...
2015 Marketing and Advertising Salary GuideAyaz NanjiStarting salaries for marketing and advertising professionals are expected to increase by 3.5% on average in 2015, according to a recent report from The Creative Group.
Career Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Multitasking Distracts the Mindful Marketer: Lisa Nirell Talks to Marketing Smartsby Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, author, and speaker Lisa Nirell talks about how mindfulness makes you a more effective marketer.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
Simplicity, Purpose & Innovation: CMO Margaret Molloy Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSiegel+Gale CMO Margaret Molloy shares tips for creating a culture of innovation, creating effective B2B content marketing, measuring impact, and hiring the best marketers for your team.
Social Pros All-Stars: Jay Baer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJay Baer of Convince and Convert, author of Youtility and co-host of the Social Pros Podcast, talks about some interesting trends he and his team discovered when they interviewed 27 "Social Pros All-Stars."
Promote Yourself: Author Dan Schawbel Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBestselling author and millennial branding expert Dan Schawbel shares career tips and insights from his book, Promote Yourself: The New Rules for Career Success.
New Business Networking: Author Dave Delaney Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNashville-based consultant and "New Business Networking" author Dave Delaney shares tips for rebuilding your network after a move or a career change, including the role that social media sites like LinkedIn and Twitter should play in your networking efforts.
Networking for Introverts and Other Tips from B2B Forum Keynote Speaker Jill Foster [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneB2B Marketing Forum Keynote Jill Foster gives us a sneak peek of her presentation "Stuck in Elevators and Other Unsavory Networking Disasters," and provides valuable networking advice for marketing professionals.
Entrepreneurship and Women in High Gear: Author Amy Howell Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Amy Howell talks about how professional women can use their personal networks to build their career, and the importance of cultivating genuine connections online and offline.
Personal Branding and 'Reinventing You': Author Dorie Clark Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDorie Clark talks about the concept of personal branding, the importance of producing your own content as part of a reinvention effort, and how one goes about finding and benefiting from work with a mentor.
Career Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How To Be a Social Media Strategist, Not the Social Help DeskBroadcast on 1/27/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangIn this seminar, social media master Jeremiah Owyang points out the tremendous opportunity for marketers to develop social media programs that get ahead of day-to-day demands and instead operate as part of a longer-term, strategic plan.
- You 2.0: Measuring (and Improving) Your Personal Brand on the WebBroadcast on 6/12/2009 with William ArrudaGo to Google right now and do a search on your name. That's the first impression many people will have of you! Do you like what you see?
- Connecting the Dots: How LinkedIn Can Enhance Your Marketing (and Your Marketing Career)Broadcast on 5/29/2008 with Jason AlbaLinkedIn is said to be the leading online professional network. In this 90-minute seminar, you'll see LinkedIn used in a number of different ways as it is a tool that can enhance personal brands, help you with research, give you access to new networks, and portray you as the marketing professional you are.
- All About Brand You: Building a Stand-Out Marketing CareerBroadcast on 9/20/2007 with William ArrudaWant to climb to the top of the ladder in your organization? Want to have managers from throughout the company seeking you out for advice? Want to advance your marketing career just by being yourself?Don't miss this seminar ...
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career SuccessBroadcast on 11/17/2006 with William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
- How to Climb the B-to-B Marketing Career LadderBroadcast on 3/2/2006 with Peter Santora, Nina SmithToday, the career path in B-to-B marketing has significant opportunities and challenges. Success requires an understanding of the needs of employers, and the skills and experience you need to get ahead. This seminar will show you how to do just that.
- Keys to Success as a Web Manager: People, Politics and Content, with Gerry McGovernBroadcast on 12/8/2005 with Gerry McGovernThere is no greater skill a web manager can acquire than to develop a deep understanding of your customer. By far the best way you can do this is by constantly observing and interacting with them, learn how in this seminar.
- Marketing Career Turbocharger: Put Yourself in OverdriveBroadcast on 1/6/2005 with William ArrudaThis seminar will give you everything you need to develop your own marketing career plan, including the latest trends in marketing careers and the tools you need to build your career plan for 2005. The seminar will cover examples of marketers who have achieved incredible success in their careers by using the techniques described.
Career Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Four Steps to Personal Branding SuccessReleased on 9/6/2013 with Dan SchawbelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four steps to personal branding success, including how to set yourself apart from the crowd and how to maintain a spotless (and impressive) online reputation.
- Take 10: Five Things You Should Know About LinkedInReleased on 7/6/2012 with Viveka von RosenYou may think that you've got the platform mastered, but Viveka von Rosen is here to teach you five ways to beef up your profile that you may not have even known about or considered.
- Take 10: Six Tips for Nailing Your Next (or First) JobReleased on 5/25/2012 with Heather RastThis Take 10 will give you timely and actionable tips for getting noticed by employers, keeping your competitive edge, and standing out from the crowd.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.
- Take 10: How to Stop Multitasking and Become More ProductiveReleased on 10/7/2011 with Paul BurtonIn this Take 10, productivity expert Paul Burton suggests three worklife-changing practices that will help you evade the saboteurs of productivity.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile in 11 Easy StepsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn from Jason Alba how to create a LinkedIn Profile that is powerful, compelling and that makes a strong favorable impression on the viewer.
Career Management: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Conducting a Marketing Job SearchHere's your guide to landing that perfect marketing job. Complete with exercises, checklists, and a whole boatload of advice, you can be on your way to a better, more challenging, and more rewarding position.
- Your Career Management GuideAs marketers, you juggle many projects, priorities, and agendas all at the same time. This life of multitasking sometimes means you forget one of your most important professional projects: managing your career. Although we can't help you find the time to manage your career, this template to managing your career can tell you how. With exercises, checklists and step-by-step guidelines on how to make this lifelong project - your career - your biggest professional success.
- Benchmark Survey: Communication SkillsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey about the skill level survey respondents have in various ways of communicating. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for you.
- Managing Your Marketing CareerNot only does your job require you to keep up with the new trends and strategies of the day, so does your career. This guide, with advice from some of our top career specialists, will help you identify you're strengths and weaknesses (sound familiar?), your true soulmate of a job and the best strategies for landing it. Even if you already think that you've got the career thing under control, this guide will give you new ideas and the tools to get to where you want to go, and beyond!