Career Management: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
10 Do's and Don'ts of Using Data and Research in PresentationsJosh KnauerHow well data and research are integrated into a presentation or pitch can make or break it. But not every marketer is a natural-born data geek. How can you work ...
How Fortune 500 Companies Engage Job Seekers on TwitterAyaz NanjiSome 35% of Fortune 500 companies have an active Twitter account dedicated to recruiting, with the rest using their main handle to engage job seekers, according to a recent report ...
Take Your Influence and Credibility to the High Board: Diving Into ChangeLaura PattersonMarketers feel the pressure. They know that their credibility and influence are at risk when they cannot connect marketing activities to business results. Here's how to fix that problem.
Four Tips for Turning Employees Into Strategic Content CreatorsDurjoy PatranabishA content creation framework can help employees across departments gain recognition as subject-matter experts and thought leaders—while helping the company achieve business development and strategic marketing objectives.
The State of Woman-Owned Businesses in 2015Ayaz NanjiWomen business owners are optimistic about the year ahead for both their own companies and the overall US economy, according to a recent report from the National Association of Women ...
The Costs and Benefits of Being a Small Business Owner [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiSome 56% of small business owners say they feel as if they can never be away from their company, and just over half (51%) say they don’t have time to ...
The Six Key Players on Your Content Marketing TeamSandra GudatTaking content marketing from theory to reality can prove complex, time- and resource-prohibitive, and, when not done well, ineffective. That's why you need a crack team with these six key ...
21 Tips for Unlocking Your Creative Genius [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiNeed some marketing inspiration? The following infographic is packed with tips to boost your creativity.
The Top 10 Tech Cities in AmericaAyaz NanjiWhich cities in America are the best places for technology workers to find jobs? To find out, Mintigo examined every major metropolitan area in the US for "technology indicators."
The Idea Generation Formula: How to Consistently Deliver Great IdeasBen HarperIdeas are the lifeblood of any content marketing campaign. Without new ideas, campaigns will quickly become stagnant. Here's how to consistently deliver winning ideas over the long term.
Career Management: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Secret to Effortless Writing: Jeff Goins on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Jeff Goins talks about marketing writing (as well as other styles) and shares a process for finding life purpose, as covered in his latest book, The Art of Work.
From Aspiring CMO to Inspiring Leader: Teradata CMO Lisa Arthur on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTeradata Applications Chief Marketing Officer Lisa Arthur discusses her evolution from journalist to CMO, the advent of data-driven marketing, and the importance of customer experience to marketing success.
Never Stop Learning: Mark Organ on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe founder and CEO of advocate marketing software company Influitive explains how he co-founded marketing automation giant Eloqua, why training and development are a "mission-level priority" at his company, and how he hires exceptional employees.
How Happy Employees Make for Better Marketing: Chris Reimer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Reimer, social media strategist and author of the book Happywork, talks about the profit potential in positivity—and why managers should care whether their workers are happy.
How to Hire and Invest in Great Employees: Tom Gimbel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTom Gimbel's staffing firm, LaSalle Network, has an employee retention rate of 90% and absenteeism at his company is less than 1%. Tom shares advice on creating a company culture that enables both your employees and your business to thrive.
Multitasking Distracts the Mindful Marketer: Lisa Nirell Talks to Marketing Smartsby Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing consultant, author, and speaker Lisa Nirell talks about how mindfulness makes you a more effective marketer.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
How to Make a Lasting Impression: 'Clarity Therapist' Steve Woodruff Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Clarity therapist" Steve Woodruff explains how you can break through the noise, help people to understand your business, and ensure that they remember what you do so that they can connect you with potential customers.
Simplicity, Purpose & Innovation: CMO Margaret Molloy Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSiegel+Gale CMO Margaret Molloy shares tips for creating a culture of innovation, creating effective B2B content marketing, measuring impact, and hiring the best marketers for your team.
Social Pros All-Stars: Jay Baer Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJay Baer of Convince and Convert, author of Youtility and co-host of the Social Pros Podcast, talks about some interesting trends he and his team discovered when they interviewed 27 "Social Pros All-Stars."
Career Management: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How To Be a Social Media Strategist, Not the Social Help DeskBroadcast on 1/27/2011 with Jeremiah OwyangIn this seminar, social media master Jeremiah Owyang points out the tremendous opportunity for marketers to develop social media programs that get ahead of day-to-day demands and instead operate as part of a longer-term, strategic plan.
- You 2.0: Measuring (and Improving) Your Personal Brand on the WebBroadcast on 6/12/2009 with William ArrudaGo to Google right now and do a search on your name. That's the first impression many people will have of you! Do you like what you see?
- Connecting the Dots: How LinkedIn Can Enhance Your Marketing (and Your Marketing Career)Broadcast on 5/29/2008 with Jason AlbaLinkedIn is said to be the leading online professional network. In this 90-minute seminar, you'll see LinkedIn used in a number of different ways as it is a tool that can enhance personal brands, help you with research, give you access to new networks, and portray you as the marketing professional you are.
- All About Brand You: Building a Stand-Out Marketing CareerBroadcast on 9/20/2007 with William ArrudaWant to climb to the top of the ladder in your organization? Want to have managers from throughout the company seeking you out for advice? Want to advance your marketing career just by being yourself?Don't miss this seminar ...
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career SuccessBroadcast on 11/17/2006 with William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
- How to Climb the B-to-B Marketing Career LadderBroadcast on 3/2/2006 with Peter Santora, Nina SmithToday, the career path in B-to-B marketing has significant opportunities and challenges. Success requires an understanding of the needs of employers, and the skills and experience you need to get ahead. This seminar will show you how to do just that.
- Keys to Success as a Web Manager: People, Politics and Content, with Gerry McGovernBroadcast on 12/8/2005 with Gerry McGovernThere is no greater skill a web manager can acquire than to develop a deep understanding of your customer. By far the best way you can do this is by constantly observing and interacting with them, learn how in this seminar.
- Marketing Career Turbocharger: Put Yourself in OverdriveBroadcast on 1/6/2005 with William ArrudaThis seminar will give you everything you need to develop your own marketing career plan, including the latest trends in marketing careers and the tools you need to build your career plan for 2005. The seminar will cover examples of marketers who have achieved incredible success in their careers by using the techniques described.
Career Management: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Four Steps to Personal Branding SuccessReleased on 9/6/2013 with Dan SchawbelIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four steps to personal branding success, including how to set yourself apart from the crowd and how to maintain a spotless (and impressive) online reputation.
- Take 10: Five Things You Should Know About LinkedInReleased on 7/6/2012 with Viveka von RosenYou may think that you've got the platform mastered, but Viveka von Rosen is here to teach you five ways to beef up your profile that you may not have even known about or considered.
- Take 10: Six Tips for Nailing Your Next (or First) JobReleased on 5/25/2012 with Heather RastThis Take 10 will give you timely and actionable tips for getting noticed by employers, keeping your competitive edge, and standing out from the crowd.
- Take 10 Author Series: How Everything You Learned About Motivation Is Wrong—And How to Do It RightReleased on 12/9/2011 with Daniel H. PinkIn this Take 10, Dan debunks the many myths surrounding motivation and offers a number of tips and tricks for cultivating a true culture of motivation in the workplace.
- Take 10: How to Stop Multitasking and Become More ProductiveReleased on 10/7/2011 with Paul BurtonIn this Take 10, productivity expert Paul Burton suggests three worklife-changing practices that will help you evade the saboteurs of productivity.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Fascinate People with 7 Key TriggersReleased on 9/30/2011 with Sally HogsheadIn this Take 10 Author Series webcast, Sally Hogshead explains how people and brands become fascinating. She discusses how to capitalize on your competitive advantage and identify your most fascinating trait.
- Take 10: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile in 11 Easy StepsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn from Jason Alba how to create a LinkedIn Profile that is powerful, compelling and that makes a strong favorable impression on the viewer.
Career Management: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Conducting a Marketing Job SearchHere's your guide to landing that perfect marketing job. Complete with exercises, checklists, and a whole boatload of advice, you can be on your way to a better, more challenging, and more rewarding position.
- Your Career Management GuideAs marketers, you juggle many projects, priorities, and agendas all at the same time. This life of multitasking sometimes means you forget one of your most important professional projects: managing your career. Although we can't help you find the time to manage your career, this template to managing your career can tell you how. With exercises, checklists and step-by-step guidelines on how to make this lifelong project - your career - your biggest professional success.
- Benchmark Survey: Communication SkillsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey about the skill level survey respondents have in various ways of communicating. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for you.
- Managing Your Marketing CareerNot only does your job require you to keep up with the new trends and strategies of the day, so does your career. This guide, with advice from some of our top career specialists, will help you identify you're strengths and weaknesses (sound familiar?), your true soulmate of a job and the best strategies for landing it. Even if you already think that you've got the career thing under control, this guide will give you new ideas and the tools to get to where you want to go, and beyond!