Customer Behavior: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Hyperconnected Life [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiLife before the internet? What's that? Today's teens and young adults only know about the digitally connected world. Here's a look at their hyperconnectivity and its effects.
How to Properly Close the Loop... and the SalePeter GraceyFirst impressions matter a great deal. That's why you need to structure your sales calls to establish rapport and drive toward a sense of trust and camaraderie with your prospects. ...
Email Open and Click-Through Rates: Benchmarks by VerticalAyaz NanjiEducation, retail, and computer hardware/electronics are the best-performing verticals in email marketing, according to a new study that benchmarked open rates, click-through rates, and churn metrics across 14 industries.
7 in 10 Adults Access Content From Newspaper Media Each WeekAyaz NanjiMost US adults—164 million (69%)—read newspaper media content in print or online in a typical week, or access it on mobile devices in a typical month, according to a recent ...
How to Use Google Analytics to Increase E-Commerce SalesMor FriedmanGoogle Analytics is a great free tool for e-commerce websites. It can allow marketers and webmasters to record specific data about items purchased, learn how a user navigates the website, ...
Eye-Tracking Study: Native Ads Outperform Banner Ads [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiConsumers visually engage with native ads 52% more frequently than traditional banner ads and in an equivalent way to editorial content, according to a new study.
Three Powerful Ways to Measure the Impact of Your Email MarketingKaren TalaveraThough email campaign process metrics such as delivery, open, and click-through rates have their place, if you don't look beyond them... the true impact of your email marketing—and opportunities for ...
The App Arms Race: iOS vs. Android [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiThe feud between iOS and the Android mobile operating system keeps heating up. To help marketers better understand the two biggest competitors in the "app arms race," Trademob created the ...
One-Third of Americans Regularly Listen to Online RadioAyaz NanjiOne in three Americans age 12 and older, or an estimated 86 million people, now listen to online radio on a weekly basis, and weekly audience size of traditional AM/FM ...
10 Critical Actions for Enhancing Customer Loyalty: The Case of Travel CompaniesTed WhamThe time has come for air travel and hospitality brands to address an existential threat to the travel industry: Customer loyalty has all but vanished.
Customer Behavior: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
The Truth Is Unscripted: Adele Revella Talks Buyer Personas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Buyer personas don't work if you make stuff up," Adele Revella told me during this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "They work if you listen to customers first." But to gather real, actionable customer intelligence, you need to talk to ...
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Every Message Must Be Relevant: IBM's Yuchun Lee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAccording to IBM's Yuchun Lee, "every communication has to be relevant. That has to be the bar." So how do you make sure that the messages you send out, the offers you make, and the content you create are relevant?
Keys to Creating Effective Buyer Personas: Ardath Albee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHas your organization ever created buyer personas? If so, did you ever use them? Many don't—because they don't create truly useful personas in the first place. Ardath Abee lays out key elements of personas you can really use.
Content Should Make Things Happen: Joe Pulizzi on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJoe Pulizzi is THE content marketing guy. And he has quite a bit to say about content marketing in general, but I was most curious to find out how he has used content marketing to grow his business at the ...
Marketing Smarts Podcast: Making the Most of the Mobile Momentby Matthew Grant"Mobile is a behavior. It's not a technology." That's what Tim Hayden, CMO of 44Doors, told me when we discussed the "mobile moment" in this episode of our Marketing Smarts podcast.
Customer Behavior: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create a Monster Fan BaseBroadcast on 4/25/2013 with Jackie HubaThis PRO seminar will share seven of Lady Gaga's success lessons that can be applied to any brand. Be sure to tune in, and learn how to build a strong and loyal base!
- How to Use a Customer Advocacy Program to Tap Into Your Customers' Hidden BudgetBroadcast on 3/28/2013 with Bill LeeThis PRO seminar will show you how a growing number of firms are devising creative and effective ways to involve their customers in marketing and selling for them.
- Shopping Made Smarter: Employing Smart Marketing in E-CommerceBroadcast on 3/19/2013 with Doug Broujos, Tim BrechlinJoin us to explore strategies and tactics you can use today to improve your e-commerce efforts. You'll learn the elements of a smart online commerce program, from planning and deployment to evaluation and refinement. Sponsored by WhatCounts.
- MarketingProfs University: The Social Habit 2012—How Americans Really Use Social MediaBroadcast on 10/11/2012 with Tom WebsterThis PRO seminar will provide genuine insight and actionable tips as Tom guides attendees through an interactive exploration of what America's "Social Habit" really means for content creators, marketers, and brands.
- How to Hammer Your Brand Into the Minds of Your ConsumersBroadcast on 7/19/2012 with Laura RiesIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about the ten types of visual hammers, why you need one, and how to find the perfect one for your brand.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- Adapt or Die: the Changing Behavior of Today's Connected CustomerBroadcast on 1/19/2012 with Brian SolisPresented by Brian Solis: Stop addressing customer demands in business as usual mode and start understanding how technology influences customer behavior—and why.
- Reduce Barriers to the Sale and Make it Easy for Customers to BuyBroadcast on 12/15/2011 with Kristin ZhivagoPRO seminar with Kristin Zhivago: Learn a process for uncovering what your customers want to buy from you and how they want to buy it, plus how to apply this new customer insight to make it easier for your customers to do business with you.
Customer Behavior: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Six Ways to Build a Trusted BrandReleased on 5/10/2013 with John MorganIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six tips that will help you become a trusted brand with loyal customers!
- Take 10: How to Motivate Your Customers to Take ActionReleased on 3/15/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to communicate best with your customers and motivate them to take action.
- Take 10: Five Rhymes for STORE Merchandising SuccessReleased on 3/8/2013 with Glenda Lehman ErvinJoin Glenda Lehman Ervin as she shares five pithy rhymes that will help you turn your retail store into the #1 choice for your busy consumers.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Design a Website That Resonates With Your UsersReleased on 9/21/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to design a user-centric website that performs better and gets the response you’re looking for from your audience.
- Take 10: Four Steps to Creating a Useful Engagement MetricReleased on 8/3/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to best engage with your customers, why engagement is important, and how to put it to good use!
- Take 10: How to Convince People to Take Action for Your CauseReleased on 3/30/2012 with Katya AndresenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to make your cause stand out by making it relatable; compelling donors to take action.
- Take 10: Three Tools for Website SuccessReleased on 2/10/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Take 10, you'll learn about why content is your site's lifeblood and how navigation and layout guide the viewer to take action.
- Take 10: 5 Rules for Creating Powerful Calls-to-ActionReleased on 8/26/2011 with Doug MetzgarIn this Take 10 tactical webcast, you'll be guided through a checklist of must-haves for creating calls-to-action that convert.
Customer Behavior: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Research Spotlight: TwitterA successful Twitter program requires extensive research on whether your audience is there, what everyone is interested in, and what they're doing. Lucky for you, MarketingProfs has done the work for Research Spotlight: Twitter. Download it now to access close to 70 pages of Twitter research from 30 unique sources.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.