Customer Behavior: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Why Coupons Rule as Marketing Tools [Infographic]Brian HoffmanOffering coupons this holiday season? Here's a look at last year's holiday coupon stats and reasons for offering coupons year-round.
The Evolving Sales FunnelAlessandra CeresaThere is a lot of talk about the death of the sales funnel, but I disagree. The sales funnel is very much alive; it has, however, evolved.
What Motivates Consumers to Complete E-Commerce Purchases?Ayaz NanjiMost online shoppers say they want to know what other customers think about a product before purchasing it on an e-commerce site, according to a recent report from VWO.
Five Mobile Email Trends to Watch This Holiday Season [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiMarketers hoping that the rapid shift toward mobile devices will help simplify their email approaches during the holiday season may be disappointed, according to a recent report from Return Path.
Why Millennials Engage With Brands on Social MediaAyaz NanjiSome 84% of Millennials who have liked companies on Facebook say doing so is a way to show their support for the brand, according to a recent report from The ...
How Consumers Prefer to Receive Marketing MessagesAyaz NanjiConsumers prefer to receive marketing messages, special offers, and coupons from brands via email more than any other communication channel, according to a recent report from Message Systems.
The Most Wanted Holiday Gifts According to Social MediaAyaz NanjiWhat do people want most for the holidays this year? Good ol' cash, according to a recent report from Prime Visibility.
Nine Ways to Sharpen Your Customer Research (Part 2 of 2)Will BluntIn part 2 of this article, you'll discover six more practical ways to derive valuable insights about your customers.
What Is the Value of Ranking First in an Amazon Search?Ayaz NanjiSome 35% of consumers, on average, click the first product listed on an Amazon shopping search results page, according to a recent report from Compete.
Should Stores Stay Open All Day on Thanksgiving?Ayaz NanjiHalf of Americans say stores' staying open for extended hours on Thanksgiving Day is a bad idea that detracts from the traditional celebration, according to a recent report from LoyaltyOne.
Customer Behavior: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Mobile Commerce Revolution: Tim Hayden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTim Hayden, co-author of the forthcoming book The Mobile Commerce Revolution, shares insights into consumer behavior, how mobile affects that behavior, and how marketers can embrace the seismic shift that mobile represents.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
What's the Future of Business? Author Brian Solis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneProviding the best product won't be enough to carry your business into the future: You need to create experiences your customers want to share. Author Brian Solis discusses the need for innovative leadership, the new generation of consumerism, and his ...
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
The Truth Is Unscripted: Adele Revella Talks Buyer Personas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"Buyer personas don't work if you make stuff up," Adele Revella told me during this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. "They work if you listen to customers first." But to gather real, actionable customer intelligence, you need to talk to ...
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Every Message Must Be Relevant: IBM's Yuchun Lee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAccording to IBM's Yuchun Lee, "every communication has to be relevant. That has to be the bar." So how do you make sure that the messages you send out, the offers you make, and the content you create are relevant?
Keys to Creating Effective Buyer Personas: Ardath Albee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHas your organization ever created buyer personas? If so, did you ever use them? Many don'tóbecause they don't create truly useful personas in the first place. Ardath Abee lays out key elements of personas you can really use.
Content Should Make Things Happen: Joe Pulizzi on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJoe Pulizzi is THE content marketing guy. And he has quite a bit to say about content marketing in general, but I was most curious to find out how he has used content marketing to grow his business at the ...
Marketing Smarts Podcast: Making the Most of the Mobile Momentby Matthew Grant"Mobile is a behavior. It's not a technology." That's what Tim Hayden, CMO of 44Doors, told me when we discussed the "mobile moment" in this episode of our Marketing Smarts podcast.
Customer Behavior: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Sixth Sense of Marketing: How Our Primal Brain Rules When and Why We ClickBroadcast on 12/2/2014 with Christopher Lester, Jamie BradleyDid you know that eons of human evolution has hard-wired our brains to have gut reactions in three seconds or less? Combine that with the age of over-stuffed mailboxes and increasing mobile usage, and you have a recipe for getting lost in marketing oblivion. Join us for this free seminar to discover what we know about user experience and cognitive behavior, and how to use this information to better reach your customers and get the results you want. Sponsored by Emma
- How to Develop Effective Content for Each Stage of the Buying JourneyBroadcast on 3/13/2014 with Shelly KramerThis PRO seminar will provide you with a solid understanding of how to develop the kind of content you need to propel your buyers along a path to purchase. You'll also learn how you can create content to retain these customers for a long time to come.
- The Psychology of Email Response: Persuasive Tactics for Increasing Engagement and ConversionBroadcast on 2/6/2014 with Karen TalaveraThis PRO seminar will unearth the root of what motivates people to action and how we can leverage this knowledge to improve email marketing results.
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications PlanBroadcast on 1/16/2014 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- MarketingProfs University: Seven Ways to Revive Your Marketing Strategy with Social MediaBroadcast on 10/10/2013 with Connie BensenThis PRO seminar will illuminate the potential business return of social engagement and outline content marketing best practices. You'll hear success stories that will inspire you to take steps to successfully integrate social media marketing into your larger business strategy.
- Leveraging Data-Based Marketing to Find and Win the Invisible SaleBroadcast on 9/26/2013 with Tom MartinIn this PRO seminar, you will learn how to counter this new reality. We will discuss a detailed strategic and tactical framework that you can use to help these invisible buyers create trackable online buying signals that your sales teams can leverage to shorten the sales cycle and improve conversion rates.
- Welcome to the Collaborative EconomyBroadcast on 9/19/2013 with Jeremiah OwyangAltimeter's latest research will show how corporations must not only stay relevant, but also lead the charge in their own communities. This PRO seminar will share three ways corporations must shift their business (and marketing) to adapt to today's collaborative economy.
- Supercharge Your Brand: How Companywide Empowerment Drives Social Media AdvocacyBroadcast on 9/12/2013 with Susan Emerick, Chris BoudreauxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how empowering your employees, customers and partners to use social media to drive engagement, create meaningful customer relationships and engage in real-time conversations can help increase your brand awareness and revenues, while decreasing your marketing, sales and customer service costs.
- MarketingProfs University: Building the Living, Breathing BrandBroadcast on 6/13/2013 with Tamsen WebsterThis PRO seminar will teach you how to make your brand work for you by going beyond taglines and slogans and giving it the eyes, ears, and legs it takes to become an integral part of your customers' lives.
Customer Behavior: Tutorials ó tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!
- Take 10: Email Design for the Mobile Customer and Multi-Device WorldReleased on 1/10/2014 with Tim WatsonIn just 10 minutes, youíll learn best practices and approaches for email design in a mobile, multi-device world.
- Take 10: Craft the Perfect Call to ActionReleased on 12/13/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to strategically create a call to action your customers will care about and will pay attention to.
- Take 10: Appealing to the Ego to Get Great ContentReleased on 11/1/2013 with Ian GreenleighIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss four proven ways to create powerful "ego cycles" by accessing the egos of influencers and of your target audience.
- Take 10: Zero in on Your Audience to Improve Email Opens, Clicks, and ROIReleased on 8/23/2013 with Reggie BradyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six ways to segment your customers. You'll learn how to make your emails more relevant to your audience and improve your opens, clicks, and overall ROI.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Build a Trusted BrandReleased on 5/10/2013 with John MorganIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six tips that will help you become a trusted brand with loyal customers!
- Take 10: How to Motivate Your Customers to Take ActionReleased on 3/15/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to communicate best with your customers and motivate them to take action.
- Take 10: Five Rhymes for STORE Merchandising SuccessReleased on 3/8/2013 with Glenda Lehman ErvinJoin Glenda Lehman Ervin as she shares five pithy rhymes that will help you turn your retail store into the #1 choice for your busy consumers.
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
Customer Behavior: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Research Spotlight: TwitterA successful Twitter program requires extensive research on whether your audience is there, what everyone is interested in, and what they're doing. Lucky for you, MarketingProfs has done the work for Research Spotlight: Twitter. Download it now to access close to 70 pages of Twitter research from 30 unique sources.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.