Email: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
2015 Email Benchmarks by IndustryAyaz NanjiHow do email campaigns' open rates, click-through rates, click-to-open rates, and unsubscribe rates vary by industry?
20 Email Marketing Tips to Boost Engagement and ReadershipJulia McCoyEspecially if you're targeting the twenty- and thirty-somethings who make up the core of the Millennial demographic, here's a handful of email marketing tips that will help you to boost ...
How Two Key Factors Affect Email Open RatesAyaz NanjiThe size of a marketing email campaign and the sender's industry have a significant impact on open rates, according to a recent report from Constant Contact.
Three Ways to Make Your Email Stand OutSean GordonSalespeople and marketers need to make sure their emails cut through the noise of a busy inbox. These tips will help you craft emails that encourage opens, generate interest, and ...
How to Use Video Emails, and Why You ShouldMatthew TurnerWe receive thousands of marketing messages each day, so we don't trust marketers' emails or TV commercials or Internet ads. But people trust people who take the time to share ...
The Top-Rated Email Tracking Tools by MarketersAyaz NanjiWhich email-tracking platforms do marketers most use and and most like? To find out, G2 Crowd recently examined some 640 evaluations by business, marketing, and analytics professionals.
How to Use an Exit-Popup Strategy to Grow Your Email List (Without Annoying Your Readers)Alex BashinskyThere's no denying that popups, especially exit popups, work. But there's also no denying that they annoy website visitors. So how can you make exit popups bearable (or even enjoyable!) ...
How Instagram Images Enrich the Email Experience [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiMarketers are increasingly incorporating social elements into email campaigns. However, the most valuable social opportunities, such as Instagram images, are underused.
Five Best-Practices for Real-Time Contextual MarketingJustin FosterMarketing to people based on their real-time context is all the rage. But marketers need to be careful, because it may not be a fit for their organization.
Email Benchmarks 2Q15: Engagement Is Higher Than EverAyaz NanjiDespite increased email volume, consumers are opening and engaging with emails more than ever before, according to a recent report from Yesmail.
Email: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Email Marketing for Rebels: DJ Waldow and Jason Falls on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAll rumors to the contrary, email marketing is not dead or dying. In fact, email is thriving, according to DJ Waldow and his co-conspirator Jason Falls, co-authors of the forthcoming book, The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing, which explodes many ...
Email: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Responsive Design: 10 Dos and Don'ts for Web Pages and EmailsBroadcast on 8/25/2015 with Linda WestJoin us for this free seminar to learn why responsive design has become so essential, and how you can get your web pages and emails looking awesome on all screen sizes. You will learn best practices in responsive design for both email and website pages, and get practical tips, tricks, and resources to help you along the way. Sponsored by Act-On
- Leverage Email for B2B: Tips for Each Stage of the Sales FunnelBroadcast on 3/26/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn several approaches to integrating email into the lead nurturing, prospect qualification, and customer progression process at every stage of the sales funnel. We'll explore how content marketing is a key component of the process, and why marketing automation and triggered emails are critical to success.
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
- MarketingProfs University: Developing an Email Strategy That Keeps People ConnectedBroadcast on 3/15/2012 with Morgan StewartThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Email Marketing Master Course will identify the critical strategic elements for successful email programs, tie those elements to your specific business objectives, and demonstrate how to continually optimize your email program based on customer feedback.
- Subject Lines: The Hidden Impact on Email Subscriber BehaviorBroadcast on 8/18/2011 with Dela QuistUncover the keys to developing a successful subject line strategy that focuses subscriber behavior over time during this PRO seminar. Learn why open rate alone doesn't indicate success.
Email: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Shed Light on Email Traffic With Google AnalyticsReleased on 10/2/2015 with Michele KissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to use campaign tracking to keep email traffic out of the dreaded "Direct Traffic" bucket in Google Analytics. You'll learn what reports and features you should use to better understand your site visitors and how to measure performance based on your own email goals.
- Take 10: Email Marketing Strategies—Out With the Old, In With the NewReleased on 5/15/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to align your email efforts with changing technology, increase open and click through rates, and grow your email ROI. We'll show you how to create a whole new life for your emails by sweeping away dusty, outdated practices.
- Take 10: Crafting Killer Subject Lines—Seven Techniques Your Target Can't ResistReleased on 3/6/2015 with Nancy HarhutIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to craft killer subject lines that will ensure your emails get opened. You'll learn how to master seven subject line techniques that will instantly increase your open and read rates.
- Take 10: Three High Impact Email Marketing Tests You Can Implement TodayReleased on 10/26/2012 with Hunter BoyleIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to implement a few quick and easy high-impact tests that will garner results.
- Take 10: Five Tips for Starting an E-Newsletter That People WantReleased on 3/2/2012 with Margie ClaymanIn just 10 minutes, learn the basics you need to know before you launch an e-newsletter: how to start (and grow) a list for your newsletter, how to create a manageable content plan for your newsletter, and how to retain your readers once you have them.
Email: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Essentials: The Keys to Increasing Open RatesIn this 24-page guide, we begin by introducing email open rates, current industry averages, and ways to maximize your data accuracy. Then, we delve into six key factors that greatly impact email opens and offer various tips for improving your efforts in these areas.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.