Email: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
10 Tips for Making Popups Go the Extra Mile for Your BusinessReshu RathiPopups were once the bane of the Web; today, they are an excellent way to capture visitors' attention and improve conversion rates. But if not done properly, they still ruin ...
The Six Most Effective E-Commerce Email TacticsAyaz NanjiE-commerce marketers say sending subscribers exclusive offers is the most effective email tactic they use, according to recent research from Bronto.
Eight Ridiculously Silly Ways to Sabotage Your Email Marketing EffortsMeera KothandClearly, as a business owner or marketer, you understand the importance of email marketing. But are you doing it right? Here are eight ways you may be sabotaging your email ...
Five Outbound-Email FAQs That Stump Even Experienced MarketersWilliam WickeyWhat's the best day and time to send outbound marketing emails? How many outreach attempts is "enough"? How long should emails be? Those and other email-related questions can be tough ...
Email Marketers' Top Areas of Focus in 2016Ayaz NanjiEmail marketers say their top areas of focus this year are automation, measurement, and campaign strategy, according to a recent report from Econsultancy and Adestra.
Dying Sales Funnel? Bring Dead Leads to Life Through Lead NurtureBrad DodgeRather than just pass leads off to Sales, marketers now shape and guide prospects through the sales funnel until purchase intent is clear. Thanks to lead nurturing, doing so is ...
Marketing Agencies' Favorite Digital Tools and ServicesAyaz NanjiWhich social media monitoring/automation tools, CRM platforms, SEO/SEM tools, and email services are used most by marketing and advertising agencies?
How Is Reaching the Email Inbox Like Getting on Kanye's VIP List?Amalia BercotImagine trying to get added to Kanye's VIP list for the hottest club in LA. You're standing in line, hoping he'll let you in. That's just about the same as ...
Which US Presidential Candidate Is Winning the Email Battle?Ayaz NanjiHillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders hold big advantages over Donald Trump in email list size, but the presumptive GOP nominee tops both Democrats in email open rate, according to recent ...
The Most Effective Mother's Day Email Subject LinesAyaz NanjiMother’s Day email subject lines that elicit emotion have a 21.5% higher open rate than those that do not, according to recent research from Yesmail and Persado.
Email: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Why Real-Time Data Is Not Fast Enough Anymore: Tim Hayden of Zignal Labs on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneZignal Labs Vice-President of Marketing Tim Hayden discusses data-driven marketing and split-second analytics, and why email and Twitter are very much alive.
Own Your Content Marketing: Owner Media CEO Chris Brogan on Marketing Smarts [Video]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris discusses his forthcoming book, Insider: Strategies and Secrets for Business Growth in the Age of Distractions. He also shares his incredibly successful approach to email and how he has used content marketing.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Email Marketing for Rebels: DJ Waldow and Jason Falls on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAll rumors to the contrary, email marketing is not dead or dying. In fact, email is thriving, according to DJ Waldow and his co-conspirator Jason Falls, co-authors of the forthcoming book, The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing, which explodes many ...
Email: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Email Design for Non-DesignersBroadcast on 3/24/2016 with Justine JordanIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the basic design process. We'll explore design principles such as the use of white space, content hierarchy, color, images, and more. You'll discover how any marketer—no matter what skill level—can use this foundation to create effective communications and improve the performance of their email marketing programs.
- Eight Easy Ways to Amp Up Your Email List GrowthBroadcast on 12/10/2015 with Austin BlissIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable, no-cost strategies to collect the maximum quantity of email addresses and the tricks for keeping typos, errors, and bogus entries out of your database. We'll show you how to put these tips into action as well as how to effectively utilize third-party services to support your email efforts.
- MarketingProfs University: The Blueprint for Email Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 10/8/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the components of a successful email marketing plan and gain an understanding of the rationale behind the must-have message types, hierarchies, and priorities. You'll leave with a blueprint that will enable you to effectively map and improve your own messaging.
- Leverage Email for B2B: Tips for Each Stage of the Sales FunnelBroadcast on 3/26/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn several approaches to integrating email into the lead nurturing, prospect qualification, and customer progression process at every stage of the sales funnel. We'll explore how content marketing is a key component of the process, and why marketing automation and triggered emails are critical to success.
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
- MarketingProfs University: Developing an Email Strategy That Keeps People ConnectedBroadcast on 3/15/2012 with Morgan StewartThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Email Marketing Master Course will identify the critical strategic elements for successful email programs, tie those elements to your specific business objectives, and demonstrate how to continually optimize your email program based on customer feedback.
- Subject Lines: The Hidden Impact on Email Subscriber BehaviorBroadcast on 8/18/2011 with Dela QuistUncover the keys to developing a successful subject line strategy that focuses subscriber behavior over time during this PRO seminar. Learn why open rate alone doesn't indicate success.
Email: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Four Ways to Increase Your Email Clickthrough RatesReleased on 1/8/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll cover four design and copy techniques that will get your subscribers to take action. We'll also show you how to measure the lift they give your campaigns.
- Take 10: Reduce Your Email Bounce RateReleased on 12/11/2015 with Austin BlissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to reduce your email bounce rate for a fraction of the cost of replacing names. We'll share easy-to-use strategies that you can apply right away to help you reconnect with lost customers.
- Take 10: Shed Light on Email Traffic With Google AnalyticsReleased on 10/2/2015 with Michele KissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to use campaign tracking to keep email traffic out of the dreaded "Direct Traffic" bucket in Google Analytics. You'll learn what reports and features you should use to better understand your site visitors and how to measure performance based on your own email goals.
- Take 10: Email Marketing Strategies—Out With the Old, In With the NewReleased on 5/15/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to align your email efforts with changing technology, increase open and click through rates, and grow your email ROI. We'll show you how to create a whole new life for your emails by sweeping away dusty, outdated practices.
- Take 10: Crafting Killer Subject Lines—Seven Techniques Your Target Can't ResistReleased on 3/6/2015 with Nancy HarhutIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to craft killer subject lines that will ensure your emails get opened. You'll learn how to master seven subject line techniques that will instantly increase your open and read rates.
- Take 10: Three High Impact Email Marketing Tests You Can Implement TodayReleased on 10/26/2012 with Hunter BoyleIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to implement a few quick and easy high-impact tests that will garner results.
- Take 10: Five Tips for Starting an E-Newsletter That People WantReleased on 3/2/2012 with Margie ClaymanIn just 10 minutes, learn the basics you need to know before you launch an e-newsletter: how to start (and grow) a list for your newsletter, how to create a manageable content plan for your newsletter, and how to retain your readers once you have them.
Email: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Essentials: The Keys to Increasing Open RatesIn this 24-page guide, we begin by introducing email open rates, current industry averages, and ways to maximize your data accuracy. Then, we delve into six key factors that greatly impact email opens and offer various tips for improving your efforts in these areas.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.