Strategy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Get Marketing Help When You Need ItElaine FogelDoes your small business have marketing and branding needs but not enough money to hire an agency or a consultant? Don't fret, you have many options to ensure you get ...
Win/Loss Analysis: Strategize Your Results [Infographic]Verónica JarskiCompanies that study their past deals have a 3-7 times higher win rate than companies that don't. Here's how looking at past sales can help you win future deals.
How to Apply the 'Golden Circle' to Your Marketing and Performance MeasurementLaura PattersonMarketers are likely in the thick of marketing planning, so now is a good time to revisit how to apply both the Golden Circle and the best-practices of alignment and ...
The Three Keys to Mastering Marketing in Today's Noisy MarketplaceLinda PopkyToday's marketing environment is noisy and crowded. We have so many new techniques to promote our products and services that the chaos and clutter are getting worse. How do you ...
Six Steps for Turning Competitors Into AlliesJohn ToskeyRather than competing head-to-head, consider the players in your field and how you could combine efforts to help both you and the other company—and, ultimately, your own customers.
Planning Your Marketing? Don't Forget These FundamentalsSusan SolomonYour marketing plan (and accompanying budget) defines the body of work you carry with you for at least 12 months—everything you do on the job. And, if you do it ...
Innovation Is Vital for Your Organization's Survival: 10 Must-Learn Lessons From Sir Ken RobinsonAnn HandleyInnovation is critical to both the success and the survival of organizations, and imagination is the spark that fuels it, Sir Ken argued. That sounds both vague and high-minded, doesn't ...
How to Answer the Age-Old Question, 'What Has Marketing Done for Us Lately?'Rani HublouWhen resources are scarce or when growth slows, it's not uncommon to look at Marketing and question the investment. That is, unless Marketing has communicated its goals, metrics, and actions—and ...
For True Brand Loyalty, Build Contextual Marketing Strategy Into Your Brand: Part 2James GeorgePart 2 covers customer-experience-driven comparative advantages and targeted deployment—the tactical execution of communicating a brand's value proposition and unlocking competitive advantages.
Three Ways to Increase Your Nonprofit's Social Media EngagementElaine FogelNo matter how big or small, your nonprofit can improve its social media results by doing these three things.
Strategy: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Never Stop Learning: Mark Organ on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneThe founder and CEO of advocate marketing software company Influitive explains how he co-founded marketing automation giant Eloqua, why training and development are a "mission-level priority" at his company, and how he hires exceptional employees.
Entrepreneurship for Freaks: Chris Brogan Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Brogan discusses his new business book, The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth, as well as what distinguishes "freaks" from more traditional entrepreneurs and how to maintain a supportive community when the trolls come calling.
Whiteboard Selling: Author Corey Sommers Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneCorey Sommers, SVP of whiteboard strategy at Corporate Visions, is also co-founder of WhiteboardSelling, where he was CMO. In this episode of Marketing Smarts, he discusses the book he co-wrote with David Jenkins, Whiteboard Selling: Empowering Sales Through Visuals.
Create Contagious Content: Author Jonah Berger Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJonah Berger, author of the bestselling book Contagious, discusses how companies can use word-of-mouth and social transmission to amplify their brand message.
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
To Grow You Must Change: John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJohn Jantsch believes that if businesses are to grow, they need to be ready, willing, and able to change. To navigate and instigate such change, business leaders need a clarity of purpose and they need to set big, audacious goals.
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Content Should Make Things Happen: Joe Pulizzi on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJoe Pulizzi is THE content marketing guy. And he has quite a bit to say about content marketing in general, but I was most curious to find out how he has used content marketing to grow his business at the ...
Strategy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Digital Trends for 2017: What You Need to Know NowBroadcast on 8/11/2016 with Mike CorakIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the top digital trends that will deliver today and into the future. We'll walk through the best of what's ahead while gaining insight and tips for real-world application in digital communications, roadmap creation, and most importantly, performance optimization. We'll expose false predictions and shine a light on the trends you shouldn't ignore. You'll leave with the knowledge and actionable information you need to succeed in digital marketing in 2017.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow ProfitsBroadcast on 1/23/2014 with Jeffrey HayzlettThis PRO seminar, taught by Jeffrey Hayzlett, will reveal how to run and drive change through marketing and business, from getting ready to creating and sustaining momentum.
- Brand Yourself: Busting the Nine-Second BarrierBroadcast on 3/14/2013 with KiKi L'ItalienThis PRO seminar will teach you how to establish a cohesive personal brand, have better personal relationships, and live the life you were meant to live.
- MarketingProfs University: Presentation Elevation—How to Educate, Inspire, and EngageBroadcast on 2/14/2013 with Michael WeissThis PRO seminar and kick-off class of MarketingProfs University's Presentations Unleashed will teach you how to make a powerful impression on your audience and leave them energized and inspired by your ideas.
- How to Become a Trusted Brand and Industry LeaderBroadcast on 1/17/2013 with John MorganIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to position your brand as a go-to authority in your industry. We'll discuss how to increase your visibility and explore the critical difference between marketing and branding (and how an understanding of that difference can help you).
- Breaking Down Silos to Build Better Marketing CampaignsBroadcast on 8/23/2012 with Geoff Livingston, Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how barriers prevent marketing campaigns from reaching full potential (and how to combat this), how to break down silos, motivate your marketing team, and measure holistic multichannel campaign success.
- How to Hammer Your Brand Into the Minds of Your ConsumersBroadcast on 7/19/2012 with Laura RiesIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn about the ten types of visual hammers, why you need one, and how to find the perfect one for your brand.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Effectively Generate and Manage LeadsBroadcast on 7/12/2012 with James W. ObermayerThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's B2B Lead Roundup course will show you how to set the stage for success by identifying your targets and basic metrics, establishing qualifying buying stages, generating demand, and converting and continually nurturing leads.
Strategy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Four Essentials for Successful Event PlanningReleased on 8/5/2016 with Matt HeinzIn just 10 minutes, we'll share the four elements you need in your event planning to guarantee success. We'll cover best practices for how to organize, focus, and execute from pre-planning to post event follow-up. You'll leave with tools you can apply to any event to achieve your objectives and goals.
- Take 10: How to Build a Scrappy Brand BlueprintReleased on 7/22/2016 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to build a five-part blueprint you can use to grow your brand's presence on any budget. You'll leave with actionable steps to create a clear and consistent brand experience across all channels.
- Take 10: Your Guide to Quick and Easy Social Media ImagesReleased on 11/6/2015 with Cynthia SanchezIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how easy and inexpensive it can be to make images that will help your social media stand out and get the right kind of attention. We'll shed light onto the tools available to you and share tips to help you get started right away.
- Take 10: Demonstrate Marketing Success by Setting Clear ObjectivesReleased on 6/14/2013 with Ruth P. StevensIn just 10 minutes, we'll provide you with guidelines you'll want to follow in order to set clear objectives. If you follow these tips, you'll be able to clearly demonstrate marketing success in a language that your senior management team understands.
- Take 10: Five Tips to Help You Get OrganizedReleased on 9/7/2012 with Jill DuffyGet back on track with five organizational tips you can put into place right away to help increase your productivity (and that means more success, more revenue!)
- Take 10: Four Steps to Creating a Useful Engagement MetricReleased on 8/3/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to best engage with your customers, why engagement is important, and how to put it to good use!
- Take 10: Five Key Ways to Optimize Your QR Code PerformanceReleased on 7/20/2012 with Brian KlaisIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five keys to great QR code execution, including how to use QR codes to help build a stronger brand, how to entice users to scan your code, and how to measure the success of your campaign.
- Take 10: A Recipe for Success—7 Content Marketing Tips from The Best Chefs in the BizReleased on 5/11/2012 with Verónica Maria JarskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn seven easily digestible and tactical tips taken from some of the top chefs in the biz. Paired with your handy Take 10 checklist, these tips will allow you to tackle your content marketing challenges with no reservations.