Social Media: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Seven Types of Social Media Fans and How to Engage With Them [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiNot all the fans on your social media networks interact the same way with your business. You need to draw out some and cool off others.To highlight the most common ...
Is Your Content in Great Shape? Give It a WorkoutPawan DeshpandeAs summer approaches, some of us will hit the gym in hopes of being swimsuit-ready. The more we exercise, the easier it becomes. That's because we're building up our endurance ...
Twignorance: Are Twitter Holdouts Missing Out? An Interview With Jason FallsBarry FeldmanRecently, a client told me he wanted to share his content with a larger audience and reach out to prospects, but added, "I don't have time for Twitter. It's trivial. ...
Drowning in Data [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAs social media platforms continue to evolve at an unprecedented rate, businesses are finding it difficult to stay on top of all the data. To show how much data is ...
Five Steps to Successful Experience-Driven CommerceLoni StarkCompeting on price is not a sustainable strategy for most businesses. So, instead of asking "how low can I go?" ask "how high can I set the bar to deliver ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Apple's Big AnnouncementsAngela NatividadThis week was full of surprises. Get the lowdown on Apple's big announcements (and what matters most to marketers). Check out Chirpify, which lets you take payments on Twitter, Facebook, ...
Consumers Prefer Brands Associated With Good CausesAyaz NanjiIf offered comparable price and quality, 91% of consumers worldwide would switch brands to one associated with a good cause, according to a recent study by Cone Communications and Echo.
The State of B2B Content Marketing [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAll the talk about the importance of content marketing isn't just talk. Some 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing, and more than two-thirds of CMOs plan to increase their ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Salesforce and ExactTarget, Great Branded ContentAngela NatividadWhat does Salesforce’s ExactTarget buy mean for social sales? What does great branded content look like? How do you pick the right Twitter name, or tweak pictures for maximum Pinnability? ...
Marketing Students Say Facebook Is Most Important Social ToolAyaz NanjiSome 77% of European marketing students say Facebook is the most important social media tool a brand can use to communicate to their generation, according to a recent survey.
Social Media: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Management and Why Nice Companies Finish First: Author Peter Shankman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea Gorgone"Be nice" isn't just advice for kindergartners: Nice businesses earn more money. Author Peter Shankman talks about the value of creating a "nice" corporate culture in his latest book, Nice Companies Finish First: Why Cutthroat Management Is Over—and Collaboration Is ...
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Kill Your Content: Mitch Joel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDigital marketing expert and author Mitch Joel shares insights from his new book "Control Alt Delete" and discusses such topics as social media and content strategy, and how marketers can prepare for upcoming technological changes.
Entrepreneurship and Women in High Gear: Author Amy Howell Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Amy Howell talks about how professional women can use their personal networks to build their career, and the importance of cultivating genuine connections online and offline.
Marketing Strategy for Colleges and Universities: 'Social Works' Author Michael Stoner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stoner shares insights he gained from compiling 25 case studies in higher education marketing, and how marketers can build integrated marketing plans that maximize audience reach using traditional channels, social media, and emerging platforms.
Trolls, Jerks, and 'Civility in the Digital Age': Author Andrea Weckerle Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneOnline conflicts can cost businesses thousands of dollars (and hours) to resolve. Attorney Andrea Weckerle, author of Civility in the Digital Age, explains how you can protect yourself when a situation turns ugly.
Personal Branding and 'Reinventing You': Author Dorie Clark Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDorie Clark talks about the concept of personal branding, the importance of producing your own content as part of a reinvention effort, and how one goes about finding and benefiting from work with a mentor.
We Are Here to Persuade People: Michael Weiss of figure18 on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMichael Weiss, managing director at figure18 and a veteran speaker, consultant, client advocate, and sales executive, has an interesting perspective on marketing and advertising, not to mention the role of the agency, in today's always-on, always-open business environment.
Rethink Your Audience: Author and Digital Strategist Sam Ford on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThough living in a new era of participatory media, our notions of what constitutes an audience and what audiences actually do has not changed much since the broadcast era—and that's a problem, argues Sam Ford.
Everybody Makes Mistakes: David B. Thomas on Social Media Policies [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDavid B. Thomas, senior director of content and community for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and author of The Executive's Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy, discusses social media policies.
Social Media: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Create a Monster Fan BaseBroadcast on 4/25/2013 with Jackie HubaThis PRO seminar will share seven of Lady Gaga's success lessons that can be applied to any brand. Be sure to tune in, and learn how to build a strong and loyal base!
- MarketingProfs University: The Expanding Facebook UniverseBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Jeff BullasIn this PRO seminar, we will look at what Facebook means to the modern marketer, given its central role on an increasingly social Web.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
- How to Effectively Engage Your Customers on FacebookBroadcast on 1/10/2013 with Ekaterina WalterThis PRO seminar will provide you with actionable tips to effectively engage your fans on Facebook. We'll discuss how to scale your social presence globally, across multiple brands and business units.
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- MarketingProfs University: The Social Habit 2012—How Americans Really Use Social MediaBroadcast on 10/11/2012 with Tom WebsterThis PRO seminar will provide genuine insight and actionable tips as Tom guides attendees through an interactive exploration of what America's "Social Habit" really means for content creators, marketers, and brands.
- Not Your Father's B2B: Building Business in Today's New World of MarketingBroadcast on 8/2/2012 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this free sneak peek for MarketingProfs' B2B Forum 2012 and uncover the latest techniques and coolest concepts that work for real companies like yours. Featuring conference speakers Michael Brenner, Veronica Fielding, Nedra Sadorf, and Roberta Rosenberg.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- Engaging with Customers 140 Characters at a TimeBroadcast on 4/26/2012 with Scott MontyTwitter can be a very difficult platform to master. It takes time, practice, patience, and gumption. In this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to effectively take advantage of this social platform in a way that will yield positive results for your brand.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
Social Media: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Getting Started in Social MediaReleased on 5/3/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to get started, engage your audience, choose the platforms that make sense for you, and more!
- Take 10 Video Series: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Marketing StrategyReleased on 3/1/2013 with Geoff LivingstonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four approaches for successfully incorporating social media into your marketing strategy.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: How To Create a Consistent and Professional Personal Brand Using Social MediaReleased on 12/7/2012 with Jill DuffyIn just 10 minutes, you'll get all the information you need to create a cohesive personal brand using social media and the Web.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Things to Consider Before Taking Your Social Efforts GlobalReleased on 11/16/2012 with Jane PriceIn just 10 minutes, Jane Price will help you weigh the pros and cons of a global social media plan. You'll also learn five important things to consider before going global.
- Take 10 Video Series: Five Ways to Step Up Your Twitter GameReleased on 8/31/2012 with Megan BerryLearn five easy-to-implement steps that will help you improve your Twitter presence faster than you can type and schedule your next 140-character tweet.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10: Five Things You Should Know About LinkedInReleased on 7/6/2012 with Viveka von RosenYou may think that you've got the platform mastered, but Viveka von Rosen is here to teach you five ways to beef up your profile that you may not have even known about or considered.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Turn Your Brand Into Eye Candy for Your ConsumersReleased on 6/1/2012 with Nick WestergaardIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to proactively prepare your brand for this social visual revolution and ensure that you have a sexy and cohesive brand image that's ready for consumption by your audience.
Social Media: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.