Social Media: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Fortune 500 Companies Engage Job Seekers on TwitterAyaz NanjiSome 35% of Fortune 500 companies have an active Twitter account dedicated to recruiting, with the rest using their main handle to engage job seekers, according to a recent report ...
Six Practical Tips for an Integrated Content StrategyBrad DodgeWith an integrated content strategy, marketers can provide a more consistent message, expand a company's network of potential customers, and better connect with prospective buyers—all while driving greater returns.
The Most Effective Social Networks for Marketing a Business in 2015Ayaz NanjiMore than half (52%) of marketers say Facebook is the most important social network they use to grow and market their business, according to a recent report from Social Media ...
Social Media Is the Best Marketer for Your Events [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiPlanning an event? Don't forget the social media. After all, it boosts event attendance and increases attendee engagement.
SEO Spotlight: Five Strategies to Take You Through to 2016Rohan AyyarFive months into 2015, search and content marketers are deep into the grind of links, keywords, content, and conversions. To keep your momentum going into the next year, adopt these ...
#SocialSkim: Tweets in Search Results, Cinematic Pins, 11 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadTwitter and Google partner up, and Pinterest unleashes a blitz of new ad offerings that grab the eye—and marketing dollars. We'll also tell you about Facebook's possible plans to integrate ...
Influencer Marketplaces: Your Beeline to Bloggers for Product Reviews (and Not Just)Barry FeldmanYou've heard of influencer marketing—but "marketplaces"? It's a smart idea (and the next big thing): Brands go there to find and hire bloggers to write reviews or mention them in ...
How Small Businesses Are Using Social Media [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiNearly half (47%) of small businesses do not actively use social media, and 25% say they are unlikely to use social media in the future, according to a survey conducted ...
2 Million Blog Posts Are Written Every Day, Here's How You Can Stand OutPuranjay SinghYou've been told by "experts" for years that if you blog consistently, you will see truckloads of traffic, thousands of subscribers, and millions of dollars in sales. Here's the truth.
#SocialSkim: A Tool for Avoiding Twitter Gaffes, Plus 11 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadGet the latest on how Facebook plans to bring more content from top publishers into its fold, who really stuck out on Mother's Day (besides moms), and a new TweetDeck ...
Social Media: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
Uplifting Instagram Marketing: Soffe Apparel's Paul Anderson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSoffe Apparel's director of marketing, Paul Anderson, explains the research and strategy behind the company's rebranding and its targeted use of social channels such as Instagram to energize audiences.
Social Media for Executives: Charlene Li on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor and Altimeter founder and CEO Charlene Li explains why and how executives should use social media to engage with their employees, their customers, and their brands' larger audiences.
The Art of Social Media: Viral Virtuoso Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGuy Kawasaki, chief evangelist at Canva and author of 13 books, shares tips on content marketing and social media, and discusses how to spot a winning startup.
Raising the Roof With B2B Social Media: GAF Roofing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEmily Videtto and Alyssa Hall host the "Style My House" Facebook page for GAF, a 129-year-old roofing manufacturer with a complex B2B sales cycle. Videtto and Hall share their secrets to reaching a new audience through social media, audience research, ...
True Blue Customer Devotion: JetBlue's Marty St. George on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJetBlue's executive vice-president of commercial and planning, Marty St. George, shares the secrets to the airline's success in using social media for customer service.
Why Brand Communities Are the Future of Marketing: Jordan Kretchmer of Livefyre on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJordan Kretchmer, founder and CEO of Livefyre, discusses research on social media trends and Forrester Research's prediction that brand communities will take on greater importance in 2015.
Innovation in Marketing: Ford's Angie Kozleski Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's global marketing and digital communications manager, Angie Kozleski, discusses Ford's approach to influence marketing, blogger outreach, event marketing, and social media.
Rock 'n' Roll 'n' Social Media: Jason Miller of LinkedIn Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJason Miller of LinkedIn offers tips for content marketing and the effective use of LinkedIn, and shares insights from his new book, Welcome to the Funnel: Proven Tactics to Turn Your Content and Social Media Up to 11.
Power Up Through Experiential Marketing: Shell's Chris Hayek Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneChris Hayek, director of global brand management for Shell Lubricants, explains his approach to integrated marketing, communicating innovation, and creating experiences that bring the brand to life for consumers.
Social Media: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Anatomy of a LinkedIn Company PageBroadcast on 5/14/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will review member-submitted Company Pages and make suggestions that will have an immediate impact. You'll see examples of companies doing it right and those that could benefit from a bit more TLC when it comes to their Company Pages. We'll also discuss the elements of a well-designed page—from what to include in your Company Description to how to properly add images—and how to use your page to stimulate prospect relationships and drive more business.
- How to Build a Comprehensive Social Media StrategyBroadcast on 4/2/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft a well-planned social media engagement strategy that best fits your organization's goals and the needs of your target customers. You'll also learn how to develop metrics to help gauge and improve success over time, and the importance of regularly reviewing your strategy.
- Make Something People LoveBroadcast on 1/22/2015 with Alexis OhanianIn this PRO seminar, Alexis will share personal lessons learned from co-founding reddit, the world's largest platform for online communities. He'll discuss how he built hipmunk (a travel search comparison tool) in a crowded industry, and created Breadpig, a thriving community to support creatives in the age of crowdfunding—all with next to no marketing budget.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- H2H: Learn to Speak Human, Share Human, and Market HumanBroadcast on 10/23/2014 with Bryan KramerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore why and how marketing communications need to be adjusted to exude the same simplicity, empathy, and imperfection that exist in human nature. We'll uncover why so many marketers struggle to truly connect with people via social media, and provide you with tips to really connect with people on a human level.
- MarketingProfs University: Putting the User Back Into the User ExperienceBroadcast on 8/14/2014 with Shari ThurowIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to organize and label your website content for a greater impact on SEO and search engine marketing. You'll also learn how social media can impact your search engine marketing strategy by generating natural links and how to cater to customers using a variety of devices. Make sure both your target audience and search engines can find your site by learning today's most effective best practices for findability.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- Social Selling: How to Market and Sell to the Modern BuyerBroadcast on 7/24/2014 with Jill RowleyIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover why, what, and how to use social selling at an individual sales rep level. You'll walk away with fresh ideas on how to find, relate, connect, and engage with your customers and future advocates.
- How to Use Twitter for Real Business ImpactBroadcast on 6/19/2014 with Laura FittonThis PRO seminar will take an in-depth look at how your business can source and nurture leads, build a community with real business impact, develop relationships with influencers and the media, and attract a very targeted, engaged following. You'll walk away with tactical tips, tools, and examples you can apply right away to put Twitter to work for your company.
- MarketingProfs University: Talk Savvy—Smart Communication for a Social WorldBroadcast on 6/12/2014 with Amber NaslundIn this PRO seminar, you'll get an insider's look at what's changed, find out what truly great online communication looks and feels like, and learn how to ensure you're "talk savvy" in today's constantly shifting social web.
Social Media: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create a Social Media Listening StrategyReleased on 3/13/2015 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a social media listening strategy that will jumpstart your social monitoring efforts, find conversations you can engage in, and help you to better identify prospective customers and industry thought leaders.
- Take 10: Strategic Resources to Better Manage Your Social MarketingReleased on 1/23/2015 with Guy PowellIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to overcome common social marketing challenges (such as not having enough time, budget, or staff) and provide you with key dashboard dimensions, including how to set up specific improvement objectives and how to track your progress to improve your social marketing efforts.
- Take 10: Get Personal—How to Make a Physical Connection in a Digital WorldReleased on 9/12/2014 with Brian BlakeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to reach through the screen and touch your digital audience. These tactical tips will teach you how to create a long-lasting impression that truly counts and impacts your business.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Get More Traffic from PinterestReleased on 1/17/2014 with Beth HaydenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three effective Pinterest traffic-boosting tips that will make your site more enticing, increase your site traffic, and potentially increase your sales, too.
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10: Using Social Media to Get More Out of Your Tradeshow InvestmentReleased on 7/12/2013 with Traci BrowneIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn effective ways to integrate social media into your tradeshow efforts.
- Take 10: Getting Started in Social MediaReleased on 5/3/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to get started, engage your audience, choose the platforms that make sense for you, and more!
- Take 10 Video Series: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Marketing StrategyReleased on 3/1/2013 with Geoff LivingstonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four approaches for successfully incorporating social media into your marketing strategy.
- Take 10: How to Build a Socially Savvy BrandReleased on 2/15/2013 with Heidi CohenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to define all aspects of your brand, from colors to images, sound, video, the tangible and intangible elements, and more.
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
Social Media: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.