Social Media: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Amazon Launchpad for Startups, Plus 13 More Stories in This Weeks RoundupAngela NatividadLearn about Amazon's support for startups launching products. Also: Yahoo Livetext, managing relationships with short-form content creators, and the socnet growing the fastest. And is Twitter really cracking down on ...
Five Steps You Need to Take Before You Spend a Dime on Advertising (Article 1 of 2)Buddy VaughnUsually, advertising doesn't come cheap, but it can be cost-effective—if you do your homework ahead of time and follow some best-practices.
Marketing Mean Tweets: B2B Forum Speakers Read Aloud Some Seriously Snarky TweetsRob ZaleskiPlaying off the wildly popular Mean Tweets segment from The Jimmy Kimmel Show, we pulled together a handful of B2B Marketing Forum speakers to read mean tweets about marketing, marketers, ...
How to Effectively Market to the Growing US Hispanic MarketJonathan DeesingJust as you would when targeting any niche market, you need to follow some basic rules to effectively market to Spanish-speaking customers.
#SocialSkim: YouTube's 360° Video Ads, 11 Plus More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadThis week, get the breakdown on YouTube's 360° ad format, and new tools for managing native Facebook content. We'll also tell you about Airbnb for Business, which hashtags Instagram bans ...
Marketers' Biggest Challenges With Social InfluencersAyaz NanjiMarketers say competing with other brands for the attention of social media influencers is their top challenge with the tactic, according to a recent report from Software Advice.
How to Supercharge Your Marketing With Visual Storytelling [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiPeople love visuals and stories, so combine both in visual storytelling and watch your content's reach and conversion multiply. Here are 14 tips to inspire your visual storytelling.
The Biggest Hurdle to Reaching Hispanics Isn't Language, It's MobileYuriy Boykiv, Rob DouglasHere's how you can reach Hispanic consumers, who are far less likely to access the Internet from a desktop computer, but more likely to own and use a smartphone, than ...
The Three Keys to Mastering Marketing in Today's Noisy MarketplaceLinda PopkyToday's marketing environment is noisy and crowded. We have so many new techniques to promote our products and services that the chaos and clutter are getting worse. How do you ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook E-Shops, Plus 14 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadLearn how Facebook plans to own the entire consumer journey. (Yes, we'll talk about Moneypenny, too.) Also: tools that'll up your GIF game, create instant replays, and save Periscope videos; ...
Social Media: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Keep Your Marketing Legal: Attorney Sara Hawkins on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAttorneys Sara F. Hawkins and Kerry O'Shea Gorgone discuss the latest tips from the FTC on how brands and bloggers should legally disclose sponsored content and run promotions.
Why Millennials Ignore Your Marketing (and How to Fix That): Matt Britton on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMillennials are masters at tuning out marketing messages, but you can connect with this elusive demographic: You just need a different approach. YouthNation author Matt Britton explains how to engage today's youth.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
Uplifting Instagram Marketing: Soffe Apparel's Paul Anderson on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSoffe Apparel's director of marketing, Paul Anderson, explains the research and strategy behind the company's rebranding and its targeted use of social channels such as Instagram to energize audiences.
Social Media for Executives: Charlene Li on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor and Altimeter founder and CEO Charlene Li explains why and how executives should use social media to engage with their employees, their customers, and their brands' larger audiences.
The Art of Social Media: Viral Virtuoso Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneGuy Kawasaki, chief evangelist at Canva and author of 13 books, shares tips on content marketing and social media, and discusses how to spot a winning startup.
Raising the Roof With B2B Social Media: GAF Roofing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEmily Videtto and Alyssa Hall host the "Style My House" Facebook page for GAF, a 129-year-old roofing manufacturer with a complex B2B sales cycle. Videtto and Hall share their secrets to reaching a new audience through social media, audience research, ...
True Blue Customer Devotion: JetBlue's Marty St. George on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJetBlue's executive vice-president of commercial and planning, Marty St. George, shares the secrets to the airline's success in using social media for customer service.
Why Brand Communities Are the Future of Marketing: Jordan Kretchmer of Livefyre on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJordan Kretchmer, founder and CEO of Livefyre, discusses research on social media trends and Forrester Research's prediction that brand communities will take on greater importance in 2015.
Innovation in Marketing: Ford's Angie Kozleski Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneFord Motor Company's global marketing and digital communications manager, Angie Kozleski, discusses Ford's approach to influence marketing, blogger outreach, event marketing, and social media.
Social Media: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Beyond Posts and Shares: How to Select the Right SMMSBroadcast on 7/28/2015 with Danielle GersonJoin us to discover the limitless opportunities that exist for your business when you shift from just being present on social platforms to being a social business. You'll learn about the features of today's SMMS platforms and what you should look for when choosing one for your business. Sponsored by Tracx
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Anatomy of a LinkedIn Company PageBroadcast on 5/14/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will review member-submitted Company Pages and make suggestions that will have an immediate impact. You'll see examples of companies doing it right and those that could benefit from a bit more TLC when it comes to their Company Pages. We'll also discuss the elements of a well-designed page—from what to include in your Company Description to how to properly add images—and how to use your page to stimulate prospect relationships and drive more business.
- How to Build a Comprehensive Social Media StrategyBroadcast on 4/2/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft a well-planned social media engagement strategy that best fits your organization's goals and the needs of your target customers. You'll also learn how to develop metrics to help gauge and improve success over time, and the importance of regularly reviewing your strategy.
- Make Something People LoveBroadcast on 1/22/2015 with Alexis OhanianIn this PRO seminar, Alexis will share personal lessons learned from co-founding reddit, the world's largest platform for online communities. He'll discuss how he built hipmunk (a travel search comparison tool) in a crowded industry, and created Breadpig, a thriving community to support creatives in the age of crowdfunding—all with next to no marketing budget.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- H2H: Learn to Speak Human, Share Human, and Market HumanBroadcast on 10/23/2014 with Bryan KramerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore why and how marketing communications need to be adjusted to exude the same simplicity, empathy, and imperfection that exist in human nature. We'll uncover why so many marketers struggle to truly connect with people via social media, and provide you with tips to really connect with people on a human level.
- MarketingProfs University: Putting the User Back Into the User ExperienceBroadcast on 8/14/2014 with Shari ThurowIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to organize and label your website content for a greater impact on SEO and search engine marketing. You'll also learn how social media can impact your search engine marketing strategy by generating natural links and how to cater to customers using a variety of devices. Make sure both your target audience and search engines can find your site by learning today's most effective best practices for findability.
- The Convergence Imperative: How Social, Content, and PR Combine for Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 8/7/2014 with Jason FallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll gain a deep understanding of how success in search requires the combination of 'holy smokes' content, strong social media, and brilliant PR. You'll learn how to apply this effective combination to your online and offline marketing efforts.
- Social Selling: How to Market and Sell to the Modern BuyerBroadcast on 7/24/2014 with Jill RowleyIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover why, what, and how to use social selling at an individual sales rep level. You'll walk away with fresh ideas on how to find, relate, connect, and engage with your customers and future advocates.
Social Media: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: Use LinkedIn's Newest Features to Boost Your ProfileReleased on 6/26/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn just 10 minutes, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will share how you can start using LinkedIn's newest features to boost the effectiveness of your profile. You'll learn how to create a custom hero image to help define your business and how to add media to increase your credibility and add life to your profile. Plus, you'll walk away with tips on using Publisher and the new keyword feature to attract more leads.
- Take 10: How to Create a Social Media Listening StrategyReleased on 3/13/2015 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a social media listening strategy that will jumpstart your social monitoring efforts, find conversations you can engage in, and help you to better identify prospective customers and industry thought leaders.
- Take 10: Strategic Resources to Better Manage Your Social MarketingReleased on 1/23/2015 with Guy PowellIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to overcome common social marketing challenges (such as not having enough time, budget, or staff) and provide you with key dashboard dimensions, including how to set up specific improvement objectives and how to track your progress to improve your social marketing efforts.
- Take 10: Get Personal—How to Make a Physical Connection in a Digital WorldReleased on 9/12/2014 with Brian BlakeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to reach through the screen and touch your digital audience. These tactical tips will teach you how to create a long-lasting impression that truly counts and impacts your business.
- Take 10: Three Ways to Get More Traffic from PinterestReleased on 1/17/2014 with Beth HaydenIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three effective Pinterest traffic-boosting tips that will make your site more enticing, increase your site traffic, and potentially increase your sales, too.
- Take 10: Three Ingredients That Turn Engagement Into Measurable Business ResultsReleased on 11/22/2013 with Rachel HappeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to build a successful engagement strategy that will help shape your business and bring in the results you need.
- Take 10: Using Social Media to Get More Out of Your Tradeshow InvestmentReleased on 7/12/2013 with Traci BrowneIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn effective ways to integrate social media into your tradeshow efforts.
- Take 10: Getting Started in Social MediaReleased on 5/3/2013 with Gail Z. MartinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to get started, engage your audience, choose the platforms that make sense for you, and more!
- Take 10 Video Series: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Marketing StrategyReleased on 3/1/2013 with Geoff LivingstonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn four approaches for successfully incorporating social media into your marketing strategy.
Social Media: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to a Social Media Program: Everything you need to know about establishing your strategy, policy and teamThe adage “think before you speak” has now become “think before you write.” In this age of instant messaging, businesses need to wield their online words thoughtfully. Check out MarketingProfs “A Step-by-Step Guide to a Successful Social Media Program” to learn how to create your social media strategy, policy and team.
- Social Media ROI Success StoriesLearn how social media is changing the way we market to consumers and businesses, and how 11 companies are measuring and monitoring the success of their social media campaigns.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.