Word of Mouth: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Why the Future of Digital Marketing Is Pure PRGerald HeneghanSavvy digital marketers who use the methodologies of public relations in a sustained and strategic manner across the board can reap a potential world of benefits.
Top 10 Tips for Using a Celebrity SpokespersonDarcy BouzeosWe live in a celebrity-obsessed world. No wonder spokespersons are used to promote events, increase product sales, and generate publicity for marketing programs. As you plan your next marketing effort, ...
Spend and Strategize Wisely to Increase Your Organic Reach on FacebookKevin BobowskiEmbracing these tactics can extend your reach on Facebook, engage your audience, and drive revenue from your Facebook marketing—despite recent News Feed changes.
Hey, Social Media! Everything I Learned About Marketing Came From ComedyKathy Klotz-GuestComedy can teach marketers a lot about marketing. From finding your tribe to being more human, all comedy is great marketing in action! This article summarizes some of the most ...
Customer Reviews as Marketing Channel: How to Create a 'Review Funnel'Jon HallHere are some specific tactics for getting more happy customers to share the good word about your business, product, or service.
10 Reasons Why Your Marketing Needs to Be More Attractive to Women [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIs your business friendly toward women? Here are 10 reasons why it should be.
Surprising Facts About Customer Loyalty Marketing [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo find out about the loyal customers vs. new ones, and three reasons why a loyalty program should be part of your business, check out the following infographic by FiveStars.
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Twitter's Media Blog and IKEAAngela NatividadSocial moves so fast, you won't believe how it's changed this week. Check out Twitter's new media blog, dedicated to innovative social promotions in real time. See why an IKEA ...
Dissecting Internet Memes: The Most Viral Memes of 2012 [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHave you seen a recurring online image? Does the image make you laugh or groan? If so, you've likely spotted an internet meme. MDG Advertising studied the most viral memes ...
Social Media Week [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiRecently, the online world celebrated Social Media Week for the fifth year in a row. Find out which countries participated and who the top influencers were on Twitter that week.
Word of Mouth: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Marketing Smarts Special: Industry Stars Reveal Their No. 1 Strategy for Success [Podcast]by Mack Collier, Kerry O'Shea Gorgone16 Marketing Smarts guests from 2013 tell you which marketing tactic they would choose, if they could use only one.
Entrepreneurial Spirit: The Founders of Barefoot Wine Talk to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey started Barefoot Wine in a laundry room and grew it into one of the top US wine brands. They talk about how their approach to selling wine disrupted the industry, and what others can learn ...
Create Contagious Content: Author Jonah Berger Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJonah Berger, author of the bestselling book Contagious, discusses how companies can use word-of-mouth and social transmission to amplify their brand message.
Small Town Rules: Author Becky McCray on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"There will be times when your income is zero and you just might as well plan for that right now," Becky McCray told me. She is a resident of Hopeton, Oklahoma (population 30), cattle rancher, liquor store owner, and co-author ...
Nice Companies Make More Money: Andy Sernovitz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantGetting people to talk about your company in a positive way is far simpler than you think. In the end, it's as obvious as being nice or providing thoughtful customer service. The problem is that many companies fail because they ...
F-Bombs, Tax Audits, and Marketing Smarts Live in Miami [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts podcast, Summer Joy Boone, director of assimilation and social media at a Florida church, and Janet K. Altman, principal and marketing director at the second largest accounting firm in Florida, offer unique perspectives on a ...
Word of Mouth: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Transform Your Business to Be the Most Highly Recommended Brand in Your CategoryBroadcast on 3/27/2014 with Paul RandIn this PRO seminar, one of the pioneers of word-of-mouth marketing will share best practices and real-world examples showing how you can become the most highly recommended brand, and gain a competitive edge.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- The NOW Revolution: Make Your Business Faster, Smarter & More SocialBroadcast on 3/24/2011 with Jay Baer, Amber NaslundIn this session, social strategists and authors, Jay Baer and Amber Naslund, will explain the key changes companies are making to succeed—and thrive—in a world where five minutes feels like an eternity.
- Managing Your Reputation in a Social WorldBroadcast on 3/10/2011 with Christine B. WhittemoreThis seminar will highlight best practices and strategies for managing your reputation in a social world. You'll learn guidelines on how to make the most out of conversations with customers.
- Kick Off the New Year With Seth Godin: 57 Ways to Connect With Customers and Get Them to Spread Your Ideas for YouBroadcast on 1/13/2011 with Seth GodinIn 90-minutes with business luminary Seth Godin, learn how can you up customer engagement, be seen as a thought-leader and broaden the reach of your brand. These are real ideas you can use from a master of marketing. Don't miss this fun, fast-paced seminar packed with ideas you'll want to implement immediately.
- Is Your Company Beloved? How to Drive Extreme Customer LoyaltyBroadcast on 10/7/2010 with Jeanne BlissSeminar attendees will walk away with the tools needed to turn their company into one that customers love and can't live without. You'll hear anecdotes and most importantly, suggested actions to help your company develop true customer advocacy.
- Social Media Slowpokes: It’s Not too Late to Connect with Your Customers OnlineBroadcast on 6/24/2010 with Paul ChaneyHaven't had the time, resources, or guts to get into social media? Your customers aren't waiting around for you to show up. Learn some simple steps you can take to start connecting with them.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen MarketersBroadcast on 1/28/2010 with Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- Love or Marketing? How Word-of-Mouth Will Save Your BrandBroadcast on 11/6/2009 with Andy SernovitzDon't rely on luck and a prayer to spread word about your brand. Have a plan.
- The Anatomy of Buzz: Real Life Marketing Lessons, with Emanuel RosenBroadcast on 11/5/2009 with Emanuel RosenThe Web may have accelerated buzz, but you still have to give them something to talk about.
Word of Mouth: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: What's in it for Them? Crafting a Compelling Value PropositionReleased on 10/18/2013 with Corey EastmanIn just 10 minutes you'll learn how to identify who your ideal customer really is, and what your unique value proposition should be in order to achieve product-market fit.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Become a Go-To Resource for CustomersReleased on 2/24/2012 with Brian SolisIn just 10 minutes, Brian tells you exactly what you need to do to become relevant and a go-to resource for your customer.
- Take 10: How to Boost Event Attendance with Social Media MarketingReleased on 6/3/2011 with Alan BelniakIn this Take 10, social media expert Alan Belniak shares tips for using the most popular social media networks to build interest for special events. He also provides ideas for inspiring your business colleagues to use their social networks to promote conferences, forums, seminars, webinars, and much more.
- Take 10: How to Monitor Conversations with Free Online ToolsReleased on 3/25/2011 with Douglas MetzgarIn this short webcast, community marketing principal Douglas Metzgar demonstrates how you can monitor conversations online for free.
- Take 10: YouTube Advertising in 7 Easy StepsReleased on 10/15/2010 with Michael MillerJoin online marketing penman Michael Miller as he walks us through the seven steps to launching a YouTube Promoted Video campaign that supports your video's rise to prominence.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn EventsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaTake a quick 10-minute tour of LinkedIn Events with expert Jason Alba, who spells out not only how to access and use the Events application, but also how to wield its branding and word-of-mouth powers.
Word of Mouth: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.