Word of Mouth: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Dissecting Internet Memes: The Most Viral Memes of 2012 [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHave you seen a recurring online image? Does the image make you laugh or groan? If so, you've likely spotted an internet meme. MDG Advertising studied the most viral memes ...
Social Media Week [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiRecently, the online world celebrated Social Media Week for the fifth year in a row. Find out which countries participated and who the top influencers were on Twitter that week.
The Oscars, Social Media Buzz, and Advertising [Infographics]Vahe HabeshianWith the Oscars all but here, audiences have been taking to social media in the past month or two to cast their "votes" for their choices of award winners.These two ...
Brands as Real-Time Content Creators: Expected or Unrealistic?Ann Handley, Tim WasherIn an inaugural segment of our video series, we take a look at a fundamental question: In our newly social age, is it incumbent on brands to be always at ...
News Consumption: Digital, Mobile, and Social Media TrendsLenna GaribianMost digital news consumers find news information from Web-native sources such as The Huffington Post and Yahoo, but they rely on more traditional news outlets such as the New York ...
Small Businesses Tepid on Social Media, Prefer WOM and AdvertisingOnly one-third (35%) of small business owners cite social media as a beneficial tactic for their business, though views about the benefits of social marketing vary by industry, according to ...
Six Tips for a B2B Facebook ContestJim BelosicHave you ever wondered whether a Facebook contest will work for your B2B company? Here are some helpful tips to consider before creating a Facebook contest.
Social CTAs Drive Engagement on FacebookWhen you want your target audience to take a particular action, including on Facebook, you must ask them to do it, according to a study by Dan Zarrella for HubSpot ...
Cyber Monday Social Sharing and Shopping Predictions [Infographic]More than half of Americans (57%) are expected to shop from the comfort of their own computer and mobile screens this Cyber Monday; moreover, consumers will use social media for ...
Online Branded Communities: Best-Practices, Top-Performing Brands and SectorsOver the past year, America's top brands have made few improvements in how they use online branded communities to reach their customers: A dwindling proportion is using a strategic approach ...
Word of Mouth: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Small Town Rules: Author Becky McCray on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"There will be times when your income is zero and you just might as well plan for that right now," Becky McCray told me. She is a resident of Hopeton, Oklahoma (population 30), cattle rancher, liquor store owner, and co-author ...
Nice Companies Make More Money: Andy Sernovitz on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantGetting people to talk about your company in a positive way is far simpler than you think. In the end, it's as obvious as being nice or providing thoughtful customer service. The problem is that many companies fail because they ...
F-Bombs, Tax Audits, and Marketing Smarts Live in Miami [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's Marketing Smarts podcast, Summer Joy Boone, director of assimilation and social media at a Florida church, and Janet K. Altman, principal and marketing director at the second largest accounting firm in Florida, offer unique perspectives on a ...
Word of Mouth: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- The NOW Revolution: Make Your Business Faster, Smarter & More SocialBroadcast on 3/24/2011 with Jay Baer, Amber NaslundIn this session, social strategists and authors, Jay Baer and Amber Naslund, will explain the key changes companies are making to succeed—and thrive—in a world where five minutes feels like an eternity.
- Managing Your Reputation in a Social WorldBroadcast on 3/10/2011 with ChristineThis seminar will highlight best practices and strategies for managing your reputation in a social world. You'll learn guidelines on how to make the most out of conversations with customers.
- Kick Off the New Year With Seth Godin: 57 Ways to Connect With Customers and Get Them to Spread Your Ideas for YouBroadcast on 1/13/2011 with Seth GodinIn 90-minutes with business luminary Seth Godin, learn how can you up customer engagement, be seen as a thought-leader and broaden the reach of your brand. These are real ideas you can use from a master of marketing. Don't miss this fun, fast-paced seminar packed with ideas you'll want to implement immediately.
- Is Your Company Beloved? How to Drive Extreme Customer LoyaltyBroadcast on 10/7/2010 with Jeanne BlissSeminar attendees will walk away with the tools needed to turn their company into one that customers love and can't live without. You'll hear anecdotes and most importantly, suggested actions to help your company develop true customer advocacy.
- Social Media Slowpokes: It’s Not too Late to Connect with Your Customers OnlineBroadcast on 6/24/2010 with Paul ChaneyHaven't had the time, resources, or guts to get into social media? Your customers aren't waiting around for you to show up. Learn some simple steps you can take to start connecting with them.
- Brand Detractors and Brand Evangelists: How to Connect with Influential Citizen MarketersBroadcast on 1/28/2010 with Jackie HubaHeard of sneezers? These are the folks talking about your brand that you want to reach. Here's how.
- Love or Marketing? How Word-of-Mouth Will Save Your BrandBroadcast on 11/6/2009 with Andy SernovitzDon't rely on luck and a prayer to spread word about your brand. Have a plan.
- The Anatomy of Buzz: Real Life Marketing Lessons, with Emanuel RosenBroadcast on 11/5/2009 with Emanuel RosenThe Web may have accelerated buzz, but you still have to give them something to talk about.
- Kicking Butt with Twitter: Guy Kawasaki's Marketing Tips and ToolsBroadcast on 10/15/2009 with Guy Kawasaki, Ann HandleySee how Guy and other notables successfully stretch Twitter's limits to engage with people and drive business their way.
Word of Mouth: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Become a Go-To Resource for CustomersReleased on 2/24/2012 with Brian SolisIn just 10 minutes, Brian tells you exactly what you need to do to become relevant and a go-to resource for your customer.
- Take 10: How to Boost Event Attendance with Social Media MarketingReleased on 6/3/2011 with Alan BelniakIn this Take 10, social media expert Alan Belniak shares tips for using the most popular social media networks to build interest for special events. He also provides ideas for inspiring your business colleagues to use their social networks to promote conferences, forums, seminars, webinars, and much more.
- Take 10: How to Monitor Conversations with Free Online ToolsReleased on 3/25/2011 with Douglas MetzgarIn this short webcast, community marketing principal Douglas Metzgar demonstrates how you can monitor conversations online for free.
- Take 10: YouTube Advertising in 7 Easy StepsReleased on 10/15/2010 with Michael MillerJoin online marketing penman Michael Miller as he walks us through the seven steps to launching a YouTube Promoted Video campaign that supports your video's rise to prominence.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn EventsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaTake a quick 10-minute tour of LinkedIn Events with expert Jason Alba, who spells out not only how to access and use the Events application, but also how to wield its branding and word-of-mouth powers.
Word of Mouth: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Influencer Marketing Success StoriesInfluencer Marketing Success Stories features 13 companies that have leveraged the influence of outspoken opinion-makers and ordinary online reviewers to achieve their marketing objectives. With examples including Forbes Digital and Virgin America, this new Case Study Collection will show you how use influencer to boost brand awareness, introduce new products, increase sales, and more.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.