Small Business: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Four Tips for Conducting Your Own Restaurant MarketingGuy HolmesIn today's competitive restaurant market, having great food and service is no longer enough: You also need great marketing. Here are four tips to make sure the time you spend ...
How SMBs Use Social MediaAyaz NanjiOver four-fifths (81%) of small and midsize businesses (SMBs) use social media to drive business growth, and an additional 9% are planning to use it in the future, according to ...
The Year of the Social SMB [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhat are the social media plans of small to midsize businesses (SMBs) this year? Find out in the following LinkedIn infographic.
A Snapshot of Small Businesses on LinkedIn [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWhat does the world of small business look like through the lens of LinkedIn? The following infographic offers a snapshot of small businesses on LinkedIn and the topics that interest ...
#SocialSkim: Airbnb and #SochiProblems, Twitter's Redesign, Mark Jacobs, More!Angela NatividadSee how Airbnb took advantage of #SochiProblems to help users... and itself. Get the latest on Twitter’s redesign. And find out how Mark Jacobs turned social currency into a living, ...
SMBs' 2014 Marketing PrioritiesAyaz NanjiMore than a quarter (28%) of small and medium-sized businesses say increasing their online presence (further developing websites/online stores) is their top marketing priority for 2014, according to a recent ...
Create Holiday (and Other) Landing Pages for Your Small Business Using DIY Website ToolsDimitri HoraitesWith the right tools, a little know-how, and some scrappy can-do spirit, anyone can make a holiday promotion landing page to be proud of.
Does Small Business Saturday Pay Off for Participants?Ayaz NanjiOver one-third (34%) of B2C small enterprises say they have participated in Small Business Saturday in the past, and three-quarters (77%) of those businesses plan to do so again this ...
Small Business Saturday: Think Mobile to Inform, Attract, and Show You CareRyan GoldenYour plate is full... every day: payroll, inventory, scheduling, employee issues... the list goes on and on. Now, Small Business Saturday is around the corner, and some of you are ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week: Twitter Pics, New YouTube Service, Pinterest ExpansionAngela NatividadCheck out a swingin' interactive music video from VW Beetle. We've also got the latest on Twitter image previews, Pinterest's expansion plans, where to score synchronized Facebook/TV ads, a new ...
Small Business: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Persuasive Presentations: Communication Expert Nancy Duarte Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgonePresentation expert Nancy Duarte shares tips for creating marketing presentations that persuade, and talks about how she and her husband disrupted the graphic design industry with the startup they ran out of their California apartment.
To Grow You Must Change: John Jantsch on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantJohn Jantsch believes that if businesses are to grow, they need to be ready, willing, and able to change. To navigate and instigate such change, business leaders need a clarity of purpose and they need to set big, audacious goals.
Small Business: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow ProfitsBroadcast on 1/23/2014 with Jeffrey HayzlettThis PRO seminar, taught by Jeffrey Hayzlett, will reveal how to run and drive change through marketing and business, from getting ready to creating and sustaining momentum.
- MarketingProfs University: Killing Giants—Outmaneuvering Larger CompetitorsBroadcast on 1/12/2012 with Stephen DennyLearn to turn your larger competitors' lack of speed and agility to your advantage in this PRO seminar and MPU Marketing Your Small Business kickoff class.
- Social Media is a Powerful Tool for Small BusinessesBroadcast on 9/2/2010 with Sean McDonaldJoin us as we share with you why your small business is better suited for the new frontier and lessons that can be learned from both small and large companies that have already embarked on their social media journey.
- Promotions: Instant Gratification for Small Business MarketersBroadcast on 12/14/2007 with Michael GoodmanThis seminar will focus on those highly-visible short-term activities that are designed to generate sales NOW—not next week or next month, but right away. We'll look at a number of examples of these promotions and begin to understand which are most appropriate (and effective) for different kinds of businesses.
- Small Business Series: How to Advertise on a Modest BudgetBroadcast on 10/19/2007 with Michael GoodmanMichael Goodman has been responsible for annual advertising budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars, in consumer, B2B, services, information, entertainment and not-for-profit situations. He’s learned advertising from recognized masters of the craft, and stumbled across some truths on his own.
- Small Business Series: Budgeting for the Marketing MixBroadcast on 9/14/2007 with Michael GoodmanIn this seminar, we'll deal with some of the most common questions asked by entrepreneurs and small business marketers: How much should we spend on marketing? Is it a percentage of sales? How do we get benchmarks for our industry? How do we know if we're over-spending, under-spending, or right on the money?
- Small Business Series: How to Set Prices the Smart WayBroadcast on 8/17/2007 with Michael GoodmanPricing strategy is the sleeping giant of marketing strategy. The marketing mix element with perhaps the greatest potential to affect the bottom line and properly position a brand or a company with its target audience—yet the one most often relegated to a simple financial or sales decision, without regard for its impact on the brand. This seminar will address the role of pricing as a marketing tool, and ...
- Small Business Series: Positioning, Naming and TaglinesBroadcast on 7/20/2007 with Michael GoodmanMost small businesses can't afford to invest thousands of dollars in advertising and promotion every week. They have to rely on making the greatest possible impact with a small budget. The starting point for many of them is a well-thought-out positioning statement that captures the essence of the company and then gets translated into a meaningful and memorable tagline.Take a practical look at positioning as the cornerstone of a marketing plan and the basis for naming, taglines and brand building.
- Small Business Series: Do-It-Yourself Market ResearchBroadcast on 6/22/2007 with Michael GoodmanThe amount you spend on market research isn't the most important consideration. The key is asking the right high-gain questions and knowing what to do with the answers.This seminar will cover not only the various options for market research, but also six do-it-yourself approaches that can yield better results than studies costing thousands of dollars. And the turn-around time is often a fraction of what a major project would involve.
- Small Business Series: Why Most Small Businesses Fail (and How to Avoid Being One of Them)Broadcast on 5/18/2007 with Michael GoodmanWe’ll deal with everything, including: advertising, taglines, promotion, budgeting, publicity and low-cost market research. We’ll use case studies from small B2B and B2C companies and borrow ideas from larger companies as well.
Small Business: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Ways to Outsmart Your Biggest CompetitorsReleased on 11/4/2011 with Stephen DennyIn just 10 minutes, learn the three best ways to outsmart the competition. You'll find out which questions to ask yourself before taking a risk as well as how to best use speed as a competitive weapon.
Small Business: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Positioning, Naming & TaglinesSpot-on positioning leads to names that attract customers and taglines that sing. Get your small business on the track to marketing success.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Market ResearchNeed to learn about your customers without the big price tag of market research firms? This guide on do-it-yourself market research will help you get the information you need to position your business without emptying the corporate coffers.
- Small Biz How-To Guide: Avoiding Key PitfallsLet's face it, more small businesses fail than succeed. Make sure yours is one of the winners with this guide to getting your small business off the ground and solidly on the road to success.