Personas: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
What Marketing Can Learn From User ExperienceSezgin HergulMarketing vs. User Experience. It doesn't have to be a hostile relationship. By using the principles and experiences of one field, you can improve the quality of the other. To ...
Six Simple Steps for Aligning Sales and Marketing to Boost Conversions and Fill Your PipelineDamon WaldronSales and Marketing misalignment not only saps marketing ROI but also slows pipeline growth, drags down conversion rates, and contributes to slow growth—or even loss—in revenue. But you can fix ...
Harness the Power of Personas for Social Media MarketingKeith QuesenberryPersonas are not new. What is new is taking personas and applying them to social media. This article provides four approaches to creating personas to increase the relevancy of your ...
How to Create Buyer Personas [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiBuyer personas give you insight into how to best engage with your various customer types. But before you start creating those personas, take time to do the research.
Four Steps to Getting Started With Social SellingAtri ChatterjeeMost businesses now look to social media as a tool mainly for creating brand awareness. To do so, though, is to ignore the real power of social media—as a driver ...
Top Five Questions Marketers Should Always Be Asking ThemselvesPreeti UpadhyayaWith so many projects, deadlines, channels, and metrics to consider, marketers can easily forget the basics. To keep your eye on the prize—your audience—you should always be asking yourself these ...
How to Align Your Company's Sales and Marketing Efforts in Eight StepsMatt Close, Maureen BlandfordBy nurturing appreciation for and creating expectations of each function's role, an organization can evolve into an aligned sales and marketing model.
How to Close the Gap Between Sales and MarketingDavid Meerman ScottMost sales and marketing teams continue to operate out of alignment. They questions each other's skills and commitment to the job. They fight over the quality of the leads. But ...
The Science of B2B Online Marketing [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiWant to ensure your B2B online marketing is effective? The following infographic outlines six essential elements of a successful B2B online marketing program.
Hyper-Personalization? Forget the 'Hyper' and Just Be PersonalJustin GrayHyper-personalization is the latest buzzword—as if it's no longer enough to be personal... you have to add some hyperbole to it. What you really need to do is engage in ...
Personas: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Keys to Creating Effective Buyer Personas: Ardath Albee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHas your organization ever created buyer personas? If so, did you ever use them? Many don't—because they don't create truly useful personas in the first place. Ardath Abee lays out key elements of personas you can really use.
Personas: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Using Buyer Personas to Make an Impact on Your Marketing ROIBroadcast on 5/15/2014 with Adele RevellaIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover a practical plan to ensure that your buyer personas have a direct, measurable impact on marketing ROI.
- How to Develop Effective Content for Each Stage of the Buying JourneyBroadcast on 3/13/2014 with Shelly KramerThis PRO seminar will provide you with a solid understanding of how to develop the kind of content you need to propel your buyers along a path to purchase. You'll also learn how you can create content to retain these customers for a long time to come.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- How to Build Personas that Persuade Buyers and Increase SalesBroadcast on 2/23/2012 with Adele RevellaJoin us February 23rd for a PRO seminar with B2B marketing expert Adelle Revella, and discover a simple step-by-step process for building buyer personas to help you deliver messages that persuade buyers at each stage in the buying process.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- Buyer Personas: A Smart Way to Align B2B Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 1/17/2008 with Adele RevellaSmart companies are using buyer personas to prepare for success at every step in the sales process. When sales and marketing can anticipate their buyers' questions, concerns and objections, they can confidently develop training and tools that establish the perfect answer to their buyers' needs.
- Personas 2: Using Mental Images of Customers for Better Product Planning, Branding and MessagingBroadcast on 3/8/2007 with Tamara AdlinThis seminar will introduce the basic phases of the Persona Lifecycle, which will help you understand the specific steps and level of effort required for success. We'll also discuss a few short-cuts you can use to create ad-hoc personas.
- Personas 1: Breakthrough Customer Insight for Product, Website Design and MoreBroadcast on 3/7/2007 with Tamara AdlinPresenter Tamara Adlin will provide a variety of examples, illustrating the different benefits of implementing a personas program. She shows which marketing objectives personas support, and will help you identify whether a personas program would be a good fit for you.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Uncommon Strategies to Beat Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/22/2006 with Anne GrahamIf you’re ready to be the driving force in leading your company to lead your market, but just don’t know how to get started, this session will be filled with practical yet uncommon thinking to inspire you.
Personas: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!