Personas: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Stop Focusing on Automation and Take a Look at Content: Seven Steps to Get You StartedPeter BaronTo reap the proclaimed benefits of marketing automation, marketers have to shift their focus from technology to the creation of personalized, segmented, and customized content matched to customers' needs.
Understand How Buyers Buy: Marketing With the 'Buying Center' Concept [Infographic]Glenn GowMarket segmentation and customer insights are only part of what you need to enter the competitive market. You need to take your marketing to the next level.
Build a Customer-Centric Marketing Automation StrategyMeghan Keaney AndersonThe if-then logic of the marketing automation process can lead to a snarl of over-communication, with only a loose relevance to the recipient's true interests and needs. It doesn't have ...
Turbocharge Your Content Marketing MachineAlastair KaneContent marketing is not rocket science, but it can appear so in the absence of a clear-cut strategy—and planning, without which your content marketing machine will be firing on three ...
Four Tips for Building Fail-Proof Buyer PersonasJustin GrayWhether you think it, believe it, or discard it... the truth is that buyer personas are the start of every successful campaign. Every marketer knows that understanding your buyer is ...
Why Lead Nurturing Is Like Hosting a Dinner Party (and Nine Ways to Do It Right)Charlotte VarelaLead nurturing and dinner parties require the host (marketer) to build and maintain relationships through conversation, rapport, and trust. And both involve careful planning...
Five Complainer-Customer Personas and the Role of Social Media [Plus an Infographic]Susan MarshallConsumers are using social media to interact with brands, but most customer complaints and comments there remain unanswered. Big mistake! You must deal with these five types of complainers on ...
Go From Good to Great by Listening to Your CustomersBolivar J. BuenoWhat causes customers to flock to one brand rather than another, even when their offerings aren't substantially different? The ability to listen to customers. But effective listening is not intuitive: ...
Who Is Your Ideal Customer? Three Simple Ways to Find Your Target MarketPeter GraceyThe old adage that "a product sells itself" is nothing more than a sales and marketing myth. Products sell in large part because of the due diligence that is completed ...
How Personas Can Lead Your Messaging Astray (and Four Tips for Keeping It on Track)Tim RiestererDo you think a prospect responds better to your marketing message because you've based it on a customer persona? Unfortunately, that is not the case. To craft effective messaging, you ...
Personas: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Keys to Creating Effective Buyer Personas: Ardath Albee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantHas your organization ever created buyer personas? If so, did you ever use them? Many don't—because they don't create truly useful personas in the first place. Ardath Abee lays out key elements of personas you can really use.
Personas: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Develop Effective Content for Each Stage of the Buying JourneyBroadcast on 3/13/2014 with Shelly KramerThis PRO seminar will provide you with a solid understanding of how to develop the kind of content you need to propel your buyers along a path to purchase. You'll also learn how you can create content to retain these customers for a long time to come.
- MarketingProfs University: Understanding and Engaging Today’s Connected BuyerBroadcast on 6/7/2012 with Tony ZambitoThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Digital Advertising Academy will get you inside the minds of your buyers and cover why understanding them is the first step to successful branding, marketing, and demand generation.
- How to Build Personas that Persuade Buyers and Increase SalesBroadcast on 2/23/2012 with Adele RevellaJoin us February 23rd for a PRO seminar with B2B marketing expert Adelle Revella, and discover a simple step-by-step process for building buyer personas to help you deliver messages that persuade buyers at each stage in the buying process.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- Buyer Personas: A Smart Way to Align B2B Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 1/17/2008 with Adele RevellaSmart companies are using buyer personas to prepare for success at every step in the sales process. When sales and marketing can anticipate their buyers' questions, concerns and objections, they can confidently develop training and tools that establish the perfect answer to their buyers' needs.
- Personas 2: Using Mental Images of Customers for Better Product Planning, Branding and MessagingBroadcast on 3/8/2007 with Tamara AdlinThis seminar will introduce the basic phases of the Persona Lifecycle, which will help you understand the specific steps and level of effort required for success. We'll also discuss a few short-cuts you can use to create ad-hoc personas.
- Personas 1: Breakthrough Customer Insight for Product, Website Design and MoreBroadcast on 3/7/2007 with Tamara AdlinPresenter Tamara Adlin will provide a variety of examples, illustrating the different benefits of implementing a personas program. She shows which marketing objectives personas support, and will help you identify whether a personas program would be a good fit for you.
- Boosting E-Commerce Conversion Rates with Persuasion ScenariosBroadcast on 11/9/2006 with Bryan EisenbergBy modeling customer behavior with Persuasion Scenarios, you can fix holes in your sales process by understanding your customers’ buying process.
- Uncommon Strategies to Beat Your CompetitionBroadcast on 2/22/2006 with Anne GrahamIf you’re ready to be the driving force in leading your company to lead your market, but just don’t know how to get started, this session will be filled with practical yet uncommon thinking to inspire you.
Personas: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!