Social Networking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Marketers' Biggest Challenges With Social InfluencersAyaz NanjiMarketers say competing with other brands for the attention of social media influencers is their top challenge with the tactic, according to a recent report from Software Advice.
#SocialSkim: Facebook E-Shops, Plus 14 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadLearn how Facebook plans to own the entire consumer journey. (Yes, we'll talk about Moneypenny, too.) Also: tools that'll up your GIF game, create instant replays, and save Periscope videos; ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook's CPC Updated, Plus 11 More Stories in This Week's RoundupAngela NatividadIt's an exciting week when sharks and fireworks combine... and brands hopped on both. Also: Facebook is changing how it measures cost per click (CPC), ways to market better on ...
The Top-Rated Social Analytics Tools by MarketersAyaz NanjiWhich social media analytics tools are most used and liked by marketers? To find out, G2 Crowd recently examined more than 200 evaluations written on its software review platform by ...
The Best Time of Day to TweetAyaz NanjiThe most popular times for tweeting are often not the best times for getting clicks and engagement, according to a recent report from Buffer.
#SocialSkim: #LoveWins Across Social, Plus More Stories in This Week’s RoundupAngela NatividadFind out how to access Buyable Pins and Facebook Messenger payments, learn about Facebook's ad-revenue-share offer, and hear Mark Zuckerberg's incendiary theory about where social is headed. Skim to stay ...
What People Say About Their Jobs on TwitterAyaz NanjiAre people more likely to say that they love or hate their jobs on Twitter? Does the ratio of love to hate tweets vary by industry, gender, day of the ...
How Teens Use Digital: Mobile, Messaging, and Social TrendsAyaz NanjiSome 91% of teens in the United States go online from a mobile device at least occasionally, according to a recent report from the Pew Research Center.
Marketers' Biggest Social Media ChallengesAyaz NanjiMarketers say measuring ROI is the biggest challenge they face with their social media efforts, according to a recent report from Simply Measured and TrustRadius.
The Coolest Social Network With TeensAyaz NanjiYouTube is seen as the coolest social network by teens in the United States and United Kingdom, according to a recent report from GlobalWebIndex.
Social Networking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Selling and the Modern Buyer: Jill Rowley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJill Rowley issues a clarion call for salespeople to embrace social selling, or risk losing out as modern buyers increasingly direct their own journey.
Entrepreneurship and Women in High Gear: Author Amy Howell Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Amy Howell talks about how professional women can use their personal networks to build their career, and the importance of cultivating genuine connections online and offline.
Personal Branding and 'Reinventing You': Author Dorie Clark Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDorie Clark talks about the concept of personal branding, the importance of producing your own content as part of a reinvention effort, and how one goes about finding and benefiting from work with a mentor.
Everybody Makes Mistakes: David B. Thomas on Social Media Policies [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDavid B. Thomas, senior director of content and community for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and author of The Executive's Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy, discusses social media policies.
What Is the Secret to Social Media Success? LoveTheCool's Michelle McCormack [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, social media consultant Michelle McCormack shares four key lessons she's learned about social media success—and what it takes to attain it.
Social Networking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Case Study: Reframe Your Media Strategy to Identify and Engage New AudiencesBroadcast on 7/16/2015 with Alyssa Hall, Emily VidettoIn this PRO seminar, we'll explain how GAF Roofing redefined their media and branding strategy to engage a new audience and re-engage their traditional audiences through social, PR, television, video, and more. You'll learn how to tailor your approach to capture the attention of a shifting customer base as well as gain insight on how to update both your messaging and media to increase loyalty and engagement.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Anatomy of a LinkedIn Company PageBroadcast on 5/14/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn this PRO seminar, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will review member-submitted Company Pages and make suggestions that will have an immediate impact. You'll see examples of companies doing it right and those that could benefit from a bit more TLC when it comes to their Company Pages. We'll also discuss the elements of a well-designed page—from what to include in your Company Description to how to properly add images—and how to use your page to stimulate prospect relationships and drive more business.
- How to Build a Comprehensive Social Media StrategyBroadcast on 4/2/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to craft a well-planned social media engagement strategy that best fits your organization's goals and the needs of your target customers. You'll also learn how to develop metrics to help gauge and improve success over time, and the importance of regularly reviewing your strategy.
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- H2H: Learn to Speak Human, Share Human, and Market HumanBroadcast on 10/23/2014 with Bryan KramerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore why and how marketing communications need to be adjusted to exude the same simplicity, empathy, and imperfection that exist in human nature. We'll uncover why so many marketers struggle to truly connect with people via social media, and provide you with tips to really connect with people on a human level.
- Social Selling: How to Market and Sell to the Modern BuyerBroadcast on 7/24/2014 with Jill RowleyIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover why, what, and how to use social selling at an individual sales rep level. You'll walk away with fresh ideas on how to find, relate, connect, and engage with your customers and future advocates.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- MarketingProfs University: 11 Digital Trends to Watch in 2011Broadcast on 4/7/2011 with Steve RubelAs the kick off of MarketingProfs University Social Media Marketing Fast Track, Edelman Digital's Steve Rubel and David Armano will share 11 digital trends to watch in 2011. Learn about these trends and their broader implications, and how you can use this information to design and modify effective marketing strategies for your organization.
- microMARKETING: Get Big Results by Thinking and Acting SmallBroadcast on 8/12/2010 with Greg VerdinoGreg Verdino will help you understand why the Web is getting "smaller" every day; what this means for your business; and how to create a plan that emphasizes relationships over reach, interaction over interruption, social networking over broadcast networks and the right small things over big-budget media buys.
Social Networking: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Seven Steps to Social Media Marketing SuccessReleased on 7/24/2015 with Paul ChaneyIn just 10 minutes, we'll walk you through seven steps to creating an effective social media strategy. You'll learn how to incorporate the needs of your customer, align your tactics with your business goals and objectives, integrate other marketing initiatives, and determine the ROI of your social media marketing efforts.
- Take 10: Use LinkedIn's Newest Features to Boost Your ProfileReleased on 6/26/2015 with Viveka von RosenIn just 10 minutes, LinkedIn expert Viveka von Rosen will share how you can start using LinkedIn's newest features to boost the effectiveness of your profile. You'll learn how to create a custom hero image to help define your business and how to add media to increase your credibility and add life to your profile. Plus, you'll walk away with tips on using Publisher and the new keyword feature to attract more leads.
- Take 10: How to Create a Social Media Listening StrategyReleased on 3/13/2015 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create a social media listening strategy that will jumpstart your social monitoring efforts, find conversations you can engage in, and help you to better identify prospective customers and industry thought leaders.
- Take 10: Get Personal—How to Make a Physical Connection in a Digital WorldReleased on 9/12/2014 with Brian BlakeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to reach through the screen and touch your digital audience. These tactical tips will teach you how to create a long-lasting impression that truly counts and impacts your business.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10: How to Hook More Customers with Tasty LinkbaitReleased on 9/2/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, copywriting maven Erika Napoletano gives you tips for effectively posting links on popular social media platforms.
- Take 10: Build Your Reputation at LinkedIn (in a Few Minutes a Week)Released on 7/30/2010 with Jason AlbaThis short webcast describes the six key things you should do regularly to maintain your presence and build your reputation. Plus, you'll learn four must-do tasks that you only need to do once.
Social Networking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Research Spotlight: TwitterA successful Twitter program requires extensive research on whether your audience is there, what everyone is interested in, and what they're doing. Lucky for you, MarketingProfs has done the work for Research Spotlight: Twitter. Download it now to access close to 70 pages of Twitter research from 30 unique sources.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- LinkedIn Success StoriesLinkedIn is used by 55 million professionals as a place to network, trade advice, and demonstrate business expertise. See how 11 companies, including PR firms, advertising agencies, and software companies, are using LinkedIn to show expertise, generate leads, and conduct research.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.