Social Networking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including a Content Marketing Children's StoryAngela NatividadLearn why Facebook's blue and how eBay plans to data-woo advertisers. Get the scoop on paid YouTube subscriptions, a better way to manage B2B expenses, and Yahoo's winning content deal. ...
How to Keep It Human in the Robotized SocialverseAlesia KrushSocial networks were meant for real humans—for real-life conversations about real-life things. But, of course, we marketers saw an opportunity. Social media can become a powerful medium... so long as ...
Pinterest Brand Engagement: Best Days and Times to PinAyaz NanjiUnlike Twitter and Facebook, where brands drive engagement with their content through official accounts and pages, 70% of brand engagement on Pinterest is generated by the community itself, according to ...
Moms More Likely to Use Social Media and Mobile, and to Shop OnlineAyaz NanjiMoms are 20% more likely than the general population to use social media, and 91% now use social media regularly—a 20% increase since 2010. Moms are also more likely to ...
How to Integrate Ratings and Reviews Into Your Social Marketing ProgramsShoma SarkarPositive ratings and 5-star reviews from online consumers are powerful marketing content, because consumers trust other consumers for purchasing advice. But few marketers have integrated reviews into their social marketing.
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including What Gets Likes and LinkedIn's Contacts AppAngela NatividadLearn what ad images get Liked (hint: not logos), how Facebook plans to Trojan-horse mobile, and why you should Pin. Tumblr and Twitter have sweetened deals for advertisers, Water for ...
One-Third of Americans Regularly Listen to Online RadioAyaz NanjiOne in three Americans age 12 and older, or an estimated 86 million people, now listen to online radio on a weekly basis, and weekly audience size of traditional AM/FM ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including a PowerPoint AlternativeAngela NatividadFind yourself some Yelp killers, LinkedIn stats, a delicious social alternative to PowerPoint, Twitter #ComedyFest, scratch-and-sniff banner ads, and GIFs... for TV! Skim to get caught up on the week's ...
Five Steps to Improve Your Marketing to Generation-YJoeri Van den BerghMillennials grew up with the Internet, and they are used to having everything at their fingertips. After interviews with 21 global marketing executives, we defined a five-step plan for improving ...
The Women of Social Media: Digital Influencer Study [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAmong online women, 75% use social media sites, whereas only 63% of online men do. To find out more about women's online social media activities and influence, check out the ...
Social Networking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Entrepreneurship and Women in High Gear: Author Amy Howell Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Amy Howell talks about how professional women can use their personal networks to build their career, and the importance of cultivating genuine connections online and offline.
Personal Branding and 'Reinventing You': Author Dorie Clark Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDorie Clark talks about the concept of personal branding, the importance of producing your own content as part of a reinvention effort, and how one goes about finding and benefiting from work with a mentor.
Everybody Makes Mistakes: David B. Thomas on Social Media Policies [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDavid B. Thomas, senior director of content and community for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and author of The Executive's Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy, discusses social media policies.
What Is the Secret to Social Media Success? LoveTheCool's Michelle McCormack [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, social media consultant Michelle McCormack shares four key lessons she's learned about social media success—and what it takes to attain it.
Social Networking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- MarketingProfs University: 11 Digital Trends to Watch in 2011Broadcast on 4/7/2011 with Steve RubelAs the kick off of MarketingProfs University Social Media Marketing Fast Track, Edelman Digital's Steve Rubel and David Armano will share 11 digital trends to watch in 2011. Learn about these trends and their broader implications, and how you can use this information to design and modify effective marketing strategies for your organization.
- microMARKETING: Get Big Results by Thinking and Acting SmallBroadcast on 8/12/2010 with Greg VerdinoGreg Verdino will help you understand why the Web is getting "smaller" every day; what this means for your business; and how to create a plan that emphasizes relationships over reach, interaction over interruption, social networking over broadcast networks and the right small things over big-budget media buys.
- A Killer Facebook Fan Page: Building It, Keeping It Fresh, and Integrating It into Your MarketingBroadcast on 12/17/2009 with Jeff WidmanA well-built Fan Page should attract visitors, turn them into fans, turn fans into customers, and help make customers your evangelists.
- Choosing Your Facebook Marketing Tactics: Fan Pages, Groups, Ads ... or All of the Above?Broadcast on 12/16/2009 with Jeff WidmanLearn what other businesses are doing with Facebook, then decide what's most effective for your own business.
- Create Once, Deliver Twice: Spreading Content Across Social NetworksBroadcast on 9/3/2009 with C.C. ChapmanGot content? There's no reason to deliver it through only one channel. You can reach more of your target market with a single message that spans across social networks.
- Bam! A Recipe to Add Social Media to your Marketing MixBroadcast on 2/5/2009 with Sandy CarterHow does social media fit in with your overall marketing strategy and business goals? What results are you looking to achieve? Get an IBM insider's take on how to fuse the right Web 2.0 tools with traditional marketing practices.
- How to Motivate Online Action: Compelling Incentives for B2B Lead GenerationBroadcast on 11/6/2008 with Ruth StevensHow do you turn a B2B website visitor into a legitimate lead? With an offer they can't refuse. Learn more ...
- Using Facebook to Market Your Offering, Enhance Your Brand, and Develop CommunityBroadcast on 6/26/2008 with Jason AlbaFacebook isn't just a playground for college students — it’s a great place to be to enhance your brand and sell your stuff, and smart marketers should understand how to take advantage of it.
Social Networking: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10: How to Hook More Customers with Tasty LinkbaitReleased on 9/2/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, copywriting maven Erika Napoletano gives you tips for effectively posting links on popular social media platforms.
- Take 10: Build Your Reputation at LinkedIn (in a Few Minutes a Week)Released on 7/30/2010 with Jason AlbaThis short webcast describes the six key things you should do regularly to maintain your presence and build your reputation. Plus, you'll learn four must-do tasks that you only need to do once.
Social Networking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Research Spotlight: TwitterA successful Twitter program requires extensive research on whether your audience is there, what everyone is interested in, and what they're doing. Lucky for you, MarketingProfs has done the work for Research Spotlight: Twitter. Download it now to access close to 70 pages of Twitter research from 30 unique sources.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- LinkedIn Success StoriesLinkedIn is used by 55 million professionals as a place to network, trade advice, and demonstrate business expertise. See how 11 companies, including PR firms, advertising agencies, and software companies, are using LinkedIn to show expertise, generate leads, and conduct research.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.