Social Networking: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Google's Year in Review, the Top Content Marketing Platform, Holiday Selfies, a (Literally) BS Product, More!Angela NatividadFind 2014-in-review content (both data-packed and emotional) from several sources, learn which platform is most effective for content marketing, and get the latest service updates from the social networks people ...
The 10 Most 'Loved' Brands on Social Media [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiMTV was the most "loved" brand on social media last month, according to a recent report from Hootsuite.
Why Millennials Engage With Brands on Social MediaAyaz NanjiSome 84% of Millennials who have liked companies on Facebook say doing so is a way to show their support for the brand, according to a recent report from The ...
#SocialSkim: Tumblr Buys In on 'Buy Now,' Twitter's 'Offers' Takes on Discounts, Thanksgiving Vines Galore, and More!Angela NatividadGet the week’s scoop on new Tumblr CTAs, discounts via Twitter Offers, Thanksgiving Vines, and Hemingway in 15 seconds. Skim for your second tryptophan high (or is it low?)!
The Most Wanted Holiday Gifts According to Social MediaAyaz NanjiWhat do people want most for the holidays this year? Good ol' cash, according to a recent report from Prime Visibility.
How Sales Leaders Use Twitter: Popular Hashtags, Handles, and Content SourcesAyaz NanjiSales leaders on Twitter most often talk about marketing, social selling, leadership, technology, and sports, according to a recent report from Leadtail and Hoovers.
How Identity Influences Online Content Sharing [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiOne in five consumers say reflecting their identity—who they are—is the most important reason they share content online, according to a recent report from Fractl.
Twitter Benchmark Data From 100 Top BrandsAyaz NanjiSome 98% of the top brands in the world have a Twitter account, and 94% tweet at least once a day, according to a recent report from Simply Measured.
How B2B Software SMBs Are Using Social MediaAyaz NanjiSmall and midsize B2B software companies use Twitter the most of all the major social networks, according to a recent report from Blurbi.
Digital Ad Performance by Device TypeAyaz NanjiConsumers are still converting at a higher rate on desktops than on mobile devices, according to a recent report from Marin Software.
Social Networking: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Selling and the Modern Buyer: Jill Rowley Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJill Rowley issues a clarion call for salespeople to embrace social selling, or risk losing out as modern buyers increasingly direct their own journey.
Entrepreneurship and Women in High Gear: Author Amy Howell Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Amy Howell talks about how professional women can use their personal networks to build their career, and the importance of cultivating genuine connections online and offline.
Personal Branding and 'Reinventing You': Author Dorie Clark Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDorie Clark talks about the concept of personal branding, the importance of producing your own content as part of a reinvention effort, and how one goes about finding and benefiting from work with a mentor.
Everybody Makes Mistakes: David B. Thomas on Social Media Policies [Podcast]by Matthew GrantDavid B. Thomas, senior director of content and community for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and author of The Executive's Guide to Enterprise Social Media Strategy, discusses social media policies.
What Is the Secret to Social Media Success? LoveTheCool's Michelle McCormack [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, social media consultant Michelle McCormack shares four key lessons she's learned about social media success—and what it takes to attain it.
Social Networking: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Build a Thriving Brand CommunityBroadcast on 11/20/2014 with Dorothéa Bozicolona-VolpeIn this PRO seminar, we'll share the essential components for building and maintaining an online community, and how to get buy-in from your organization to get started.
- H2H: Learn to Speak Human, Share Human, and Market HumanBroadcast on 10/23/2014 with Bryan KramerIn this PRO seminar, we'll explore why and how marketing communications need to be adjusted to exude the same simplicity, empathy, and imperfection that exist in human nature. We'll uncover why so many marketers struggle to truly connect with people via social media, and provide you with tips to really connect with people on a human level.
- Social Selling: How to Market and Sell to the Modern BuyerBroadcast on 7/24/2014 with Jill RowleyIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover why, what, and how to use social selling at an individual sales rep level. You'll walk away with fresh ideas on how to find, relate, connect, and engage with your customers and future advocates.
- Sharing is CaringBroadcast on 4/11/2013 with Stephanie FilerIn this free MPU class from our MarketingProfs University course, Cracking the Facebook Code, you'll see examples of how Facebook can be used to attract and engage clients and learn how Facebook can be a powerful tool for non-profits and for-profits alike.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Facebook AdsBroadcast on 5/17/2012 with Eshwar BelaniLearn how to dramatically improve the effectiveness, reach, and ROI of your Facebook campaigns and how to use ad targeting and optimization tools outside of Facebook to create, launch, and test thousands of ads targeted at just as many (if not more) micro-segments.
- MarketingProfs University: 11 Digital Trends to Watch in 2011Broadcast on 4/7/2011 with Steve RubelAs the kick off of MarketingProfs University Social Media Marketing Fast Track, Edelman Digital's Steve Rubel and David Armano will share 11 digital trends to watch in 2011. Learn about these trends and their broader implications, and how you can use this information to design and modify effective marketing strategies for your organization.
- microMARKETING: Get Big Results by Thinking and Acting SmallBroadcast on 8/12/2010 with Greg VerdinoGreg Verdino will help you understand why the Web is getting "smaller" every day; what this means for your business; and how to create a plan that emphasizes relationships over reach, interaction over interruption, social networking over broadcast networks and the right small things over big-budget media buys.
- A Killer Facebook Fan Page: Building It, Keeping It Fresh, and Integrating It into Your MarketingBroadcast on 12/17/2009 with Jeff WidmanA well-built Fan Page should attract visitors, turn them into fans, turn fans into customers, and help make customers your evangelists.
- Choosing Your Facebook Marketing Tactics: Fan Pages, Groups, Ads ... or All of the Above?Broadcast on 12/16/2009 with Jeff WidmanLearn what other businesses are doing with Facebook, then decide what's most effective for your own business.
- Create Once, Deliver Twice: Spreading Content Across Social NetworksBroadcast on 9/3/2009 with C.C. ChapmanGot content? There's no reason to deliver it through only one channel. You can reach more of your target market with a single message that spans across social networks.
Social Networking: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Get Personal—How to Make a Physical Connection in a Digital WorldReleased on 9/12/2014 with Brian BlakeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to reach through the screen and touch your digital audience. These tactical tips will teach you how to create a long-lasting impression that truly counts and impacts your business.
- Take 10 Video Series: Seven Steps to Measuring Social Media ROIReleased on 7/13/2012 with David B. ThomasIn just 10 minutes, David B. Thomas will walk you through a step-by-step approach that will help you understand how to measure the bottom-line value of your social media efforts.
- Take 10: How to Hook More Customers with Tasty LinkbaitReleased on 9/2/2011 with Erika NapoletanoIn this Take 10, copywriting maven Erika Napoletano gives you tips for effectively posting links on popular social media platforms.
- Take 10: Build Your Reputation at LinkedIn (in a Few Minutes a Week)Released on 7/30/2010 with Jason AlbaThis short webcast describes the six key things you should do regularly to maintain your presence and build your reputation. Plus, you'll learn four must-do tasks that you only need to do once.
Social Networking: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Content Machine: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 WeeksMarketingProfs' 30-page How-To Guide, CONTENT MACHINE: The Street Guide to Building a Successful Content Marketing Program in 7 Weeks, provides a week-by-week agenda for launching your content marketing program using a strategic, systematic process.
- Research Spotlight: TwitterA successful Twitter program requires extensive research on whether your audience is there, what everyone is interested in, and what they're doing. Lucky for you, MarketingProfs has done the work for Research Spotlight: Twitter. Download it now to access close to 70 pages of Twitter research from 30 unique sources.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.
- LinkedIn Success StoriesLinkedIn is used by 55 million professionals as a place to network, trade advice, and demonstrate business expertise. See how 11 companies, including PR firms, advertising agencies, and software companies, are using LinkedIn to show expertise, generate leads, and conduct research.
- Facebook Success StoriesWhen it comes to social networking sites, Facebook boasts the most loyal visitors on the Web. So it's easy to see why successful brands are embracing it as a platform to connect with customers. Facebook Success Stories gives you the real scoop on how 21 companies, including Adobe and Dunkin' Donuts, are pushing the social media marketing envelope using Facebook's tools and apps.
- Twitter Success Stories: How 11 Companies are Achieving Their Marketing Objectives—140 Characters at a TimeTwitter’s brief tweets let you communicate with friends and family. But did you know that those 140 characters can also build your business? Read Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives, 140 characters at a time.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.