Social Business: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
When Did Social Media Lose Its Way? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiIn the early days of social media, users interacted like real people do. However, in time, social networks evolved into pits of broadcast messages. Here's how companies lost their way ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including a Content Marketing Children's StoryAngela NatividadLearn why Facebook's blue and how eBay plans to data-woo advertisers. Get the scoop on paid YouTube subscriptions, a better way to manage B2B expenses, and Yahoo's winning content deal. ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including What Gets Likes and LinkedIn's Contacts AppAngela NatividadLearn what ad images get Liked (hint: not logos), how Facebook plans to Trojan-horse mobile, and why you should Pin. Tumblr and Twitter have sweetened deals for advertisers, Water for ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including a PowerPoint AlternativeAngela NatividadFind yourself some Yelp killers, LinkedIn stats, a delicious social alternative to PowerPoint, Twitter #ComedyFest, scratch-and-sniff banner ads, and GIFs... for TV! Skim to get caught up on the week's ...
#SocialSkim: Boston Marathon, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Music, Facebook Open Graph MobileAngela NatividadThe Boston Marathon topped headlines this week. See how social helped salve wounds, correct errors, and reconnect people. Also, the latest on LinkedIn ads, Twitter's just-launched #music, and Facebook's Open ...
Three Steps to Using Instagram for E-Commerce (Without Sharing a Single Photo)Thibaut DavoultIf Pinterest is great for driving referral traffic, Instagram takes the lead in customer retention and engagement. The practices outlined here are only just starting to spread, and they will ...
#SocialSkim: Ebert, Government Vines, Facebook and Millennials, Twitter CVs, Branded BlockbustersAngela NatividadDeath was a big social theme with the passing of two cultural icons. See how government is using Vine and how MTV's voting via Instagram and Twitter works. Find stats ...
Social Search Optimization on Five Major Social Networks (Part 2: Twitter, Pinterest, Google+)Courtney GibbThe combination of search and social is revolutionary. Find out the search capabilities of Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ and how to search-optimize your presence on them.
#Social Skim: Facebook Home, LinkedIn Mentions, Twitter Reports, Steve Jobs... The Week in SocialAngela NatividadWe kick off with Facebook's Home, LinkedIn... zany puppet action, our April Fool's joke of choice, and stats galore. Also: Learn how Twitter Reports has improved, where you can find ...
The Omni-Channel Retail Experience, or How Kay and Jared Jewelers Upped Sales 49%Neal BergAs consumers become increasingly more connected, so too will multiple shopping channels. The industry has dubbed this shift the "omni-channel" experience. Here's how, by embracing this approach, two brands significantly ...
Social Business: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Mindset Is the Message: Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings Talk Social Business on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does "social business" mean? On this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings tell me why the key to being a social business depends less on technology and more on the application of social concepts internally.
Social Business: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- The NOW Revolution: Make Your Business Faster, Smarter & More SocialBroadcast on 3/24/2011 with Jay Baer, Amber NaslundIn this session, social strategists and authors, Jay Baer and Amber Naslund, will explain the key changes companies are making to succeed—and thrive—in a world where five minutes feels like an eternity.
- FREE: Cisco and the Social Web: Our Adoption and EvolutionBroadcast on 8/26/2010 with LaSandra BrillLearn how Cisco integrated social media into a product launch and reached ninety times the audience of previous launch campaigns, at one-sixth of the cost. Plus, hear how social media continues to play a large role in driving sales and product development at Cisco.
- Selling Social to the C-SuiteBroadcast on 7/15/2010 with Brian SolisThis seminar will provide you with the insight and directives necessary to shift from the role of champion to business strategist and help you set a plan to convey the importance of engaging in social media to senior management.
- Scaling Social Business: How Brands Can Build Their Business Now (and Position for What's Next in Social Media)Broadcast on 5/13/2010 with Jeremiah OwyangThis presentation with one of marketing's most forward-thinking leaders addresses how companies should be looking at their current social media strategy and objectives, with an eye on the future.
Social Business: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Daily RoutineReleased on 3/23/2012 with Beth SchillaciIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to integrate social media into your marketing mix effectively by working it into your daily routine.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Be Bold with Your Social Business AgendaReleased on 1/27/2012 with Sandy CarterIn just 10 minutes, Sandy describes exactly what it takes to create a social business agenda. For companies hesitant to embrace social, she offers a lot of encouragement and practical suggestions on how to experiment.