Social Business: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week: Facebook and Snapchat, Hashtag Campaigns, Batkid, More...Angela NatividadGet the breakdown on the Batkid who saved San Francisco and inspired a watching (and Instagramming) world, the full skinny on Facebook's attempt to buy Snapchat (plus a Snapchat primer), ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week: Typhoon Aid, Twitter Custom Timelines, Instagram AdsAngela NatividadIt was a rough week for the Philippines, but also a period of immense generosity on social networks. Find out how people supported typhoon aid. You'll also see feedback from ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week: G+ Changes, Facebook News, RecruitingAngela NatividadGet a load of Internet Explorer... as an anime character. Also learn the latest on G+, how users consume Facebook news, and why people don't like companies that use socnets ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week: Twitter Pics, New YouTube Service, Pinterest ExpansionAngela NatividadCheck out a swingin' interactive music video from VW Beetle. We've also got the latest on Twitter image previews, Pinterest's expansion plans, where to score synchronized Facebook/TV ads, a new ...
Think Social Media Is a Waste of Time? Don't Give Up So SoonPhilip ParanicasEspecially in social media, if there isn't an immediate and significant response to an initiative, it's deemed a waste of time. But before you rush to judgment, give your effort ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Facebook's Media Partners, Algo ChangesAngela NatividadIt was a big week for social and social TV. Read the latest on Twitter and Comcast's "See It" button for TV shows, Facebook's new media partners and newsfeed algo ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Social Sales and Social ROIAngela NatividadGet the skinny on the job-quitting video that went viral... and the shafted company's viral-worthy response. See how Breaking Bad's finale played out online... and among brands. Learn to build ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Facebook and Twitter Playing NiceAngela NatividadReview the best (and worst) of "real-time" marketing efforts during the Emmy Awards. Get the scoop on the first use of Tumblr in a court case; a new app that ...
IBM's Ed Abrams on SMB Social Strategy and Content MarketingKerry O'Shea GorgoneEd Abrams, vice-president of marketing for IBM's small and midsize business unit, offers tips for SMBs on social strategy, content marketing, and running a social business.
Use Social Media to Steal Market Share (and More Good Advice for CMOs)Susan GaneshanSocial media has proven itself an invaluable venue for businesses promoting their products and specials, but its value doesn't end there. Here are five ways CMOs can start getting more ...
Social Business: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
From White Papers to MyKidsAdventures: Michael Stelzner Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMichael Stelzner talks about his journey from writing white papers to founding MyKidsAdventures.com, and what he learned along the way about building a community, honing your social media strategy, and parenting in a high-tech world.
Think Like a Rock Star: Author Mack Collier Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneAuthor Mack Collier talks to Marketing Smarts about his book Think Like a Rock Star and the ways companies can meaningfully connect with their best customers (and biggest fans).
The Mindset Is the Message: Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings Talk Social Business on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantWhat does "social business" mean? On this week's episode of Marketing Smarts, Amber Naslund and Matt Ridings tell me why the key to being a social business depends less on technology and more on the application of social concepts internally.
Social Business: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Tools for Creating a Social Media Plan and Forecasting Its ImpactBroadcast on 11/29/2012 with Rex BriggsIn this seminar, you'll discover why social media beats traditional media in terms of ROI, how to deliver the impact you need to, and how to forecast and plan your campaigns.
- MarketingProfs University: Why Your Online Strategy Really Is Your Business StrategyBroadcast on 9/13/2012 with Vanessa FoxIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn why SEO is still important, how to seamlessly build it into your strategy, and how to step into your customers' shoes and understand their thinking to improve traffic, and ultimately, revenue.
- Cognitive Surplus: How Sharing and Collaboration Can Benefit Marketers in a Connected AgeBroadcast on 4/19/2012 with Clay ShirkyIn this seminar, Clay Shirky will show you how to tap into your customers' cognitive surplus by providing a platform for customer collaboration—and how this collaboration can turn into big positive results for your business. Plus you'll discover how you, as a marketer, can become more valuable to your company through the insights you gain by fostering this collaboration.
- Turning Social Referrals into Measurable Business ResultsBroadcast on 3/22/2012 with Nicole GoodyearIn this seminar, you'll review B2B social referral case studies to discover how they can bring measurable results to your business including higher conversion rates and increased average order and lifetime value. You'll walk away with practical knowledge on how to create and measure social referral programs that drive more qualified leads, increase sales, and produce rich social content for your brand.
- How to Become a Social Business: Your Framework for SuccessBroadcast on 3/8/2012 with Sandy CarterIn this seminar, Sandy Carter of IBM will share how you can create your own social business agenda for greater competitive advantage. You'll discover how to use social tools to create new opportunities for growth, innovation and productivity across the business network—employees, customers and partners.
- The NOW Revolution: Make Your Business Faster, Smarter & More SocialBroadcast on 3/24/2011 with Jay Baer, Amber NaslundIn this session, social strategists and authors, Jay Baer and Amber Naslund, will explain the key changes companies are making to succeed—and thrive—in a world where five minutes feels like an eternity.
- FREE: Cisco and the Social Web: Our Adoption and EvolutionBroadcast on 8/26/2010 with LaSandra BrillLearn how Cisco integrated social media into a product launch and reached ninety times the audience of previous launch campaigns, at one-sixth of the cost. Plus, hear how social media continues to play a large role in driving sales and product development at Cisco.
- Selling Social to the C-SuiteBroadcast on 7/15/2010 with Brian SolisThis seminar will provide you with the insight and directives necessary to shift from the role of champion to business strategist and help you set a plan to convey the importance of engaging in social media to senior management.
- Scaling Social Business: How Brands Can Build Their Business Now (and Position for What's Next in Social Media)Broadcast on 5/13/2010 with Jeremiah OwyangThis presentation with one of marketing's most forward-thinking leaders addresses how companies should be looking at their current social media strategy and objectives, with an eye on the future.
Social Business: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Is Your Company Ready for Social Business?Released on 1/18/2013 with Daria SteigmanIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn ten tips that will help you plan for your evolution into a social business by leveraging people, processes, and technology.
- Take 10: How to Integrate Social Media Into Your Daily RoutineReleased on 3/23/2012 with Beth SchillaciIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to integrate social media into your marketing mix effectively by working it into your daily routine.
- Take 10 Author Series: How to Be Bold with Your Social Business AgendaReleased on 1/27/2012 with Sandy CarterIn just 10 minutes, Sandy describes exactly what it takes to create a social business agenda. For companies hesitant to embrace social, she offers a lot of encouragement and practical suggestions on how to experiment.