Job Search: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
SEO Jobs: Average Salaries, Top Cities for CandidatesAyaz NanjiThe demand for jobs that require search engine optimization (SEO) skills has increased 18% since 2012, according to a recent report from Conductor.
Eye-Tracking Study: How Recruiters View ResumesAyaz NanjiJob recruiters spend only six seconds on average reviewing an individual candidate's resume to determine whether the person is a potential fit for an open position, according to a recent ...
Top Trends in Content Marketing Hiring [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiSome 54% of marketing teams plan to hire content marketers in the next year. Find out what they're looking for and other trends in content marketing in the following infographic.
The 2013 Hiring Outlook for Creative Marketing TalentAyaz NanjiMost marketing departments and advertising agencies plan to maintain current full-time creative staff levels in the second half of 2013, according to a recent report by The Creative Group.
Who Is Winning the Talent War in Social Media? [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiOnline-savvy job recruiters are turning to social networks to find new talent for their companies. But the competition for talent is fierce online. So, which companies are doing the best? ...
LinkedIn: Revolutionizing the World of Recruiting [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo find out how LinkedIn is transforming job recruiting, the folks at Masters in Human Resources did some research and created the following infographic.
Avoid an Emergency Career Crisis: 14 Tips for Planning Ahead for Your Next JobDebra FeldmanAnticipation and planning improve your ability to effectively cope with emergencies such as a storm—or a career crisis—even when its timing is uncertain. Those who are always prepared for an ...
Social Media and Recruiting: Top Channels and Trends for 2013Lenna GaribianAmong recruiting and staffing professionals, increased access to passive job candidates via social media presents the biggest opportunity for recruiting in 2013, according to a survey from Bullhorn. Among those ...
Digital, Direct Marketing Hiring Flat in 1Q13, but Hiring Freezes DropLenna GaribianJob prospects for direct and digital marketers have remained flat in the first quarter of 2013: The proportion of employers planning to add marketing staff over the next three months ...
10 Personal Branding Trends for 2013 (Part 1)William ArrudaAt the end of each year, personal branding guru William Arruda predicts what personal branding trends will be valuable to career-minded marketers in the coming year. He says many exciting ...
Job Search: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Google, The Secret Weapon for Career SuccessBroadcast on 11/17/2006 with William ArrudaIn this web seminar, you will learn the secrets to building and maintaining stellar Google results. You’ll learn how to build your brand on-line so you can build a powerful reputation and expand your professional success.
- How to Climb the B-to-B Marketing Career LadderBroadcast on 3/2/2006 with Peter Santora, Nina SmithToday, the career path in B-to-B marketing has significant opportunities and challenges. Success requires an understanding of the needs of employers, and the skills and experience you need to get ahead. This seminar will show you how to do just that.
- Marketing Career Turbocharger: Put Yourself in OverdriveBroadcast on 1/6/2005 with William ArrudaThis seminar will give you everything you need to develop your own marketing career plan, including the latest trends in marketing careers and the tools you need to build your career plan for 2005. The seminar will cover examples of marketers who have achieved incredible success in their careers by using the techniques described.
Job Search: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Six Tips for Nailing Your Next (or First) JobReleased on 5/25/2012 with Heather RastThis Take 10 will give you timely and actionable tips for getting noticed by employers, keeping your competitive edge, and standing out from the crowd.
- Take 10: How to Reverse Engineer Your Competitors’ Customer ListReleased on 4/15/2011 with Scott SwigartIn this Take 10 webcast, competitive intelligence expert Scott Swigart explains how you can gather data from a variety of public information sources, such as Google and LinkedIn, and then connect the dots to gain insight into who your competition's customers actually are.
Job Search: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Conducting a Marketing Job SearchHere's your guide to landing that perfect marketing job. Complete with exercises, checklists, and a whole boatload of advice, you can be on your way to a better, more challenging, and more rewarding position.
- Your Career Management GuideAs marketers, you juggle many projects, priorities, and agendas all at the same time. This life of multitasking sometimes means you forget one of your most important professional projects: managing your career. Although we can't help you find the time to manage your career, this template to managing your career can tell you how. With exercises, checklists and step-by-step guidelines on how to make this lifelong project - your career - your biggest professional success.
- Managing Your Marketing CareerNot only does your job require you to keep up with the new trends and strategies of the day, so does your career. This guide, with advice from some of our top career specialists, will help you identify you're strengths and weaknesses (sound familiar?), your true soulmate of a job and the best strategies for landing it. Even if you already think that you've got the career thing under control, this guide will give you new ideas and the tools to get to where you want to go, and beyond!