Website Design: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Mobile Web vs. Apps vs. Native SMS: Tips for Mobile Engagement SuccessJessica Langdorf, Doreen SaxbyBusinesses need a strong mobile engagement strategy, but people use the mobile Web, apps, and SMS in different ways. How can you use each mobile medium for real-time communication with ...
Does Your Page Load Time Affect Search Results? What You Need to Know—and Do!Barry FeldmanMaybe? A little? Probably? Yeah... a fast-loading website contributes both to better results via search and to better user experience. And it need not be difficult or expensive to speed ...
Why Creating a Personal Online Experience for Your Visitors Is Critical [Infographic]Verónica JarskiMarketers are increasingly turning to Web personalization to engage audiences on their websites. Are you? If not, check out these reasons to consider personalization.
10 Tips for Making Popups Go the Extra Mile for Your BusinessReshu RathiPopups were once the bane of the Web; today, they are an excellent way to capture visitors' attention and improve conversion rates. But if not done properly, they still ruin ...
Avoid Cliche Office-Scene Photos: Five Tips for Picking ImagesCarmen PietraruYou're tasked with creating a Web page that shows people working collaboratively in an office setting. You dive into stock photos and find a familiar scene... boring, forced, inauthentic. To ...
Best-Practices for Increasing Your Online Form's Conversion RateChad ReidLeft unsupervised, your online forms can cause a lot of trouble for your conversions. However, optimize your forms for performance and they'll become your website's greatest money-making asset. The choice ...
Email Marketing in a Mobile-First Era: How to Get It RightShani RosenfelderWith social media, podcasting, videos, push notifications, and other mobile channels taking up our lives, you may think that the good-old email is losing its dominance in the mobile age. ...
Five Steps to Build E-Commerce Sales: How to Link Engagement to RevenueBrian RigneyGetting customers to engage is harder than ever. Yet, there's a direct relationship between engagement and revenue. The longer consumers spend time on your site, the more likely they are ...
Three UX Principles That Help Your Website Do Its Job RightRobert BerrisThe primary goal of user-experience (UX) design is to ensure your business remains aligned with the needs of your users. That's why UX should be a dedicated part of your ...
Seven Common Mistakes Marketers MakeSubir KumedanIf you decide to fix even one of the following mistakes, you will see better results for you and your business.
Website Design: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
For Marketing Success, the Rx Is UX: Tracy Rosecrans of Healthline on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTracy Rosecrans, SVP of marketing and product for Healthline media, explains how she used content, UX, and SEO to transform Healthline.com into the fastest-growing health information site in the US, with more than 40 million monthly unique views.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Website Design: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Why 'Always Be Testing' Is Wrong for Your BusinessBroadcast on 8/18/2016 with Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss why the 'test everything' mentality is wrong and potentially dangerous for your company. We'll share why split testing, one of the most used CRO tools, is not the be-all end-all of optimization, and cover when it's appropriate to test and when it's not. You'll leave with best practices you can leverage and apply to your campaigns and landing pages.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Elements of the Landing PageBroadcast on 1/28/2016 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll help you build landing pages that get results. We'll provide you with actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driven landing pages. We'll review PRO member-submitted landing pages and make real-time suggestions for improvements that will make an immediate impact.
- Going All In: How to Avoid the Perils of a Website RedesignBroadcast on 5/7/2015 with Brian MasseyIn this PRO seminar, we'll discuss the perils of a website redesign, and show you how to design a site for improved performance. We'll also share case studies of redesigns that have succeeded and failed, and you'll leave with practical advice on how to assess your existing site. (You'll also find out how Finish Line ultimately saved its online business!)
- Brain Science and Web MarketingBroadcast on 2/26/2015 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- How to Use Testing to Improve Website ConversionsBroadcast on 12/11/2014 with Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the steps you should take to use testing to increase your conversion rates. You'll learn what elements to focus on, including lead generation pages, the homepage, and buttons. You'll walk away with new ideas that you can apply to your website and landing pages immediately.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Chemistry of the Landing PageBroadcast on 2/27/2014 with Brian MasseyThis PRO seminar will provide actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driving landing pages.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- MarketingProfs University: What Marketers Should Know About GoogleBroadcast on 9/15/2011 with Maile OhyeLearn the latest about Google Search and the evolving search landscape from the source. Google's Maile Ohye walks us through successful approaches—and pitfalls to avoid—when building a search optimized site.
- Cure for the Common Website: Using Personas to Boost Site PerformanceBroadcast on 2/10/2011 with Mark O'BrienPersona development is one of the most important and overlooked aspects of website planning. During this 90-minute PRO seminar, learn everything you need to know to create personas and use them to develop a highly effective website.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page DesignBroadcast on 11/11/2010 with Tim AshLearn how to avoid the most common landing page sins and increase conversions in this fast-paced and entertaining session with noted conversion expert and bestselling author Tim Ash.
Website Design: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Simple Ways to Lower Your Bounce RatesReleased on 3/18/2016 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn five simple ways to lower your bounce rates. We'll discuss the importance of great copy, common layout and navigation issues, and little-known pitfalls that could cause visitors to leave.
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: UX for the Non-Techie—How to Better Guide the User Through Your SiteReleased on 10/3/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn some simple UX tricks to improve your website and your clients' journey to ensure that each page contains useful information and a meaningful call to action. Plus, you'll learn how staying agile can quickly enhance the UX and keep your clients' coming back.
- Take 10: How to Design a Website That Resonates With Your UsersReleased on 9/21/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to design a user-centric website that performs better and gets the response you’re looking for from your audience.
- Take 10: How to Increase Website ConversionReleased on 8/17/2012 with Sherice JacobIn just ten minutes, you'll learn how to optimize your website to increase your conversion rate right away!
- Take 10: Three Tools for Website SuccessReleased on 2/10/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Take 10, you'll learn about why content is your site's lifeblood and how navigation and layout guide the viewer to take action.
- Take 10: Five Steps to Creating & Registering a Site MapReleased on 6/10/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10, search engine optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you along the important path of creating a site map. She walks you through the process of creating and registering your site map, then verifying your site with Bing and Google.
- Take 10: How to Add a Facebook Like Box to Your WebsiteReleased on 5/13/2011 with John HaydonIn this Take 10, social media expert John Haydon will teach you how to add a Facebook Like Box to your website. You'll also learn how to customize the look and feel of the Like Box so it matches your website.
- Take 10: How to Create Your Own Online Press RoomReleased on 5/6/2011 with Michael MillerIn this Take 10, Michael Miller gives you the skinny on how to create an online press room that generates publicity and new business. Learn what to include, how to promote it, and give investors and the press easy access to the news they're looking for.
- Take 10: How to Set Up a Multivariate Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 4/8/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, SEO expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you through the process of setting up a multivariate test using Google Website Optimizer.
Website Design: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Website Metrics: What to Measure and How to ImproveIn this 27-page guide, you'll learn how to focus on the website data that matters most when you're intent on getting the most from your website—specifically, that which concerns website traffic, the visitor journey, visitor engagement, and conversions. It covers the various metrics to track in order to assess your website's performance in these areas and offers actionable tips for improving those results.
- Website Conversion Success StoriesMany marketers spend too much time and money trying to get people to visit their sites, and not enough boosting the number of sales from the people already visiting. See how 11 companies, including Jelly Belly Candy Company and Kinaxis, are transforming their landing pages, and get great ideas for optimizing your own site to increase sales.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.