Videos: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The Rise of Mid-Roll Video AdsAyaz NanjiThe use of mid-roll digital video advertisements increased 24% between February 2015 and April 2016, according to recent research from Ooyala.
How to Improve Your Tech Marketing Videos With E-Learning InsightsBruce McKenzieGetting people to grasp new ideas and ways of doing things is especially critical to the sales process in tech companies. Which is why applying teaching and learning principles to ...
How to Write a B2B Explainer Video Script That ConvertsColin HoganYou market and sell to businesses. So, if you're going to create B2B sales and marketing material (which—make no mistake—your explainer video is), keep in mind these five tips for ...
#SocialSkim: Apple's Social Video App, Facebook's Offers Upgrade, Plus 10 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriApple grabbed headlines with chatter about its impending social video app. Also: Twitter attracts YouTuber-like influencers, Facebook makes a big update to Offers, and Snapchat works on behavioral targeting. Skim ...
How to Market Your Business With Instagram StoriesLana RichardsonPhoto-sharing social network Instagram recently launched its most significant and talked-about feature to date, Instagram Stories. Here are five ways you can use Stories as a creative marketing tool.
#SocialSkim: Facebook's New Teen-Only App, Plus 10 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriFacebook again grabbed headlines—this time with an app for teens only. Also: what Facebook plans to take over next, why the Olympics indicate a big shift toward live-streaming, and how ...
YouTube Film School for Marketers: The Scrappy Upstart's Cheat Sheet for High-Quality Video MarketingLena BrooksIf you don't have video experience, video marketing can be intimidating. But it doesn't have to be. Here's a cheat sheet to get you started making great videos for YouTube.
#SocialSkim: Facebook Changes the Rules for Bots, Plus 11 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriSocial was all about getting down to business this week: Facebook refreshed its rules for Messenger bots, and Instagram made headway in deploying business accounts. Also: Twitter's newest "ad format" ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Takes on Adblockers, Plus 11 More Stories This WeekChristian NeriThis week, Facebook circumvented ad blocking technology but also gave consumers new powers to control ads they receive; Twitter expanded Moments; Snapchat inked a deal to bring you TV show ...
Branded Content vs. Pre-Roll Ads: Which Channel Is More Effective?Ayaz NanjiConsumers are significantly more likely to recall brands after seeing sponsored content than after seeing pre-roll video advertisements, according to recent research from Nielsen.
Videos: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
The Secret to Shareable Content: Syed Balkhi Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneEntrepreneur Syed Balkhi, creator of popular sites List25 and WPBeginner, shares tips for creating shareable content.
Storytelling and Nonprofit Marketing: Invisible People's Mark Horvath Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMark Horvath, founder of InvisiblePeople.tv, shares advice for marketers on how to share meaningful stories that move people to take action.
Smart Hiring and Quality Content: C.C. Chapman Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMarketing expert and frequent speaker C.C. Chapman, co-author of Content Rules and 101 Steps to Making Videos Like a Pro, shares tips for creating quality video content and hiring (and keeping) the best creative talent.
How Humor Can Humanize a B2B Brand: Tim Washer on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantIn this episode, we talk with Tim Washer, the man behind the IBM marketing video selected as a "Staff Pick" by Comedy Central, an honor not many B2B marketing pieces can claim. Tim is now social media manager at Cisco, ...
Making the Case for Google+: Guy Kawasaki on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantGuy Kawasaki loves Google+ so much, he wrote a book about it: What the Plus! Since I've been rather slow to get on the Google+ bus, I invited Guy to Marketing Smarts to talk about why I should give it ...
Videos: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Use Video to Ensure a Great Buying ExperienceBroadcast on 9/10/2015 with Rocky WallsIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to use video to engage prospects through each step of the sales and marketing funnel (and in turn, allow you to better qualify leads and pass them to your sales team with more confidence). We'll share how to ensure your videos are contributing directly to your business objectives and provide you with practical tips on how to create an effective video production plan that you can put into action immediately.
- Using Visual Stories to Create an Urge to ActBroadcast on 4/24/2014 with Andrew DavisThis PRO seminar will reveal the secrets to creating great video stories that actually drive revenue.
- MarketingProfs University: Winning the Video RevolutionBroadcast on 10/13/2011 with Steve StockmanDuring this PRO seminar you'll learn how to rethink your approach to video and create videos that don't suck. Uncover the 10 critical elements of an effective video, including why audiences watch videos and how to make your story a success.
- Creating Fresh B2B Video Content All Year LongBroadcast on 5/26/2011 with Pete SavageWhether you're new to video or not, your ability to consistently generate and nurture leads with this medium comes down to one critical area—the ability to quickly and confidently map out and produce video content that prospects actually want to watch. Learn how to to keep turning out enough fresh, quality online video content to last the next 18 months.
- Charting New Frontiers: Marketing Discoveries from the B2B ForumBroadcast on 4/21/2011 with B2B Forum SpeakersJoin us for this FREE preview seminar of the B2B Forum 2011 and discover what's working now in B2B marketing. Journey with four speakers from the B2B Forum 2011 and explore ways to generate more leads and sales from four key programs—marketing automation, online communities, email, and video marketing.
- MarketingProfs University: Content Rules! How to Create the Right Kind of ContentBroadcast on 12/3/2010 with Ann Handley, C.C. ChapmanYour brand is a publisher now. It's not just an option to create awesome online content—it's imperative for your business to thrive. Find out why content matters and why it's right for your company with this special, FREE seminar, featuring Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman.
- New YouTube Features That Will Make You Stand Out from the CrowdBroadcast on 6/10/2010 with Michael MillerMichael Miller returns to update you with the latest marketing-oriented features of YouTube. Find out which of these new features make the most sense for your organization, and how to use them to promote your business and products.
- Create Once, Deliver Twice: Spreading Content Across Social NetworksBroadcast on 9/3/2009 with C.C. ChapmanGot content? There's no reason to deliver it through only one channel. You can reach more of your target market with a single message that spans across social networks.
- YouTube for Business, Part 2: Creating Effective YouTube Business VideosBroadcast on 12/12/2008 with Michael MillerYou've decided you're ready to give your business some exposure to the 60 million viewers on YouTube, but where do you start? Learn more...
- YouTube for Business, Part 1: Making YouTube Part of Your Online Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 12/11/2008 with Michael MillerWith 60 million viewers out there, have you been wondering if — and how — your business could be reaching customers via YouTube?
Videos: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Create and Leverage Testimonial VideosReleased on 8/26/2016 with Marsha DrukerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn everything you need to get started creating testimonial video content for your company's marketing efforts. We'll show you how to harness the art of storytelling for better videos, along with various ways to promote the finished product across your website, social channels, and marketing campaigns. You'll walk away with actionable steps to plan, create, and leverage effective testimonial video content.
- Take 10: 10 Tips for Creating Quality Video on Your SmartphoneReleased on 12/18/2015 with Rocky WallsIn just 10 minutes, we'll share simple, straight-to-the-point tips for creating high-quality video using your smartphone. From shooting, to sharing, to editing, you'll leave with actionable tactics you can put to use right away.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: How to Create a YouTube Content Library With Google Hangouts On AirReleased on 4/17/2015 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the basic framework to build a content library of video with Google Hangouts On Air. This free and easy tool syncs up with your branded YouTube channel so you can build a content library with the support of experts, vendors, customers, and more. You'll also learn how to turn these videos into additional pieces of content to connect your brand with your target audience. And bonus—it'll help boost your SEO, too!
- Take 10: How to Create a Teaser VideoReleased on 6/20/2014 with Ken CossinIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to create excitement around your new product launch by producing a winning teaser video. You'll also learn how to promote your video pre- and post-release to ensure it gets viewed.
- Take 10: How to Create Simple and Effective Video Presentations on a BudgetReleased on 5/2/2014 with Neil WalkerIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to create highly engaging screen presentation videos that are easy, inexpensive, and don't require you to be in front of the camera.
- Take 10: How to Humanize Your Brand Through VideoReleased on 2/8/2013 with Tim WasherIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to connect with your customers using relevant and appealing video content that does more than just push your products.
- Take 10: How to Produce High-Quality Audio Recordings With AudacityReleased on 12/23/2011 with Anne YastremskiIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to record a professional-quality audio file with Audacity. Follow the quick and easy tips to purge your audio file of pauses, audio mistakes, and choppiness, too.
- Take 10: How to Make Easy Video Demos and PresentationsReleased on 8/5/2011 with Michelle SchoenIn this Take 10, multimedia specialist Michelle Schoen walks you through the basics of recording a presentation using Camtasia. Along the way, she shows you how to keep your audio quality top-notch, and even provides some tips on spreading the word about your new creation.
- Take 10: YouTube Advertising in 7 Easy StepsReleased on 10/15/2010 with Michael MillerJoin online marketing penman Michael Miller as he walks us through the seven steps to launching a YouTube Promoted Video campaign that supports your video's rise to prominence.
Videos: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Video Marketing: How to Roll Video Into Your Media MixIn this 16-page guide, we'll explore the benefits of video marketing, the variety of video formats, and how to make video on a budget. We'll also look at how to use social media with video and strategies for cashing in on video.
- A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube ChannelYouTube is an easy-to-use and inexpensive media platform with a gigantic reach. Learn how you can use YouTube to create awareness for your brand and connect with interested views with "A Quick Guide to YouTube & Creating Your Own YouTube Channel".
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.