Web Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How Copywriting Can Build Your Brand AuthorityJamie ThomsonWhen you're recognized as a brand authority, you become the go-to business in your industry, you can be more selective with clients, and you can charge higher rates that reflect ...
Conversion Benchmarks for Seven Types of Online FormsAyaz NanjiConversion rates for forms included on Web pages vary widely by the type of form being used, according to recent research by Formstack.
B2B and UGC and Three Success StoriesDan KimballUGC-enabled marketing is no longer a fad; it's become a core part of modern marketers' toolkit. A closer look into UGC benefits, applicability to B2B, and a few key examples ...
Five Ways to Create Content That Reigns [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiHow can marketers better create content that rises above the competition? Here are five suggestions.
Why Your Blog Is Not Adding Business Value, and What You Can Do About ItJawad KhanAlthough blogging is an effective marketing, branding, and sales channel, businesses don't make effective and efficient use of it. In fact, most corporate blogs add little real business value.
Six Content Marketing Myths—BustedSandra StewartB2B content marketers consistently cite creating content that engages as a top challenge. Making the task harder still are marketers' preconceptions. Here are reality-based strategies that counter those myths.
Five Tips for Writing Case Studies That Aren't Boring as HellThomas J. ArmitageCase studies are often dry, generic, or pretty much just a high school pep rally (minus the cool letterman jackets) cheering on the company. But they don't have to be.
Five Rookie Website Mistakes You Can Fix TodayAndy CrestodinaThe planning, design, writing, programming, and testing... a website can take hundreds of hours to build. The result of all that effort depends on a lot of little things—some of ...
Marketers Are Failing to Connect TV Ads With Web HomepagesAyaz NanjiOnly 20% of US television advertisers clearly showcase on their websites the products they promote on-air, according to a recent report from wywy.
29 Must-Read Content Marketing Articles of 2014Larry KimAs you prepare your content marketing strategy for the coming year (and you are preparing one, right?), keep these awesome expert tips and nuggets of valuable advice in mind.
Web Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Think Like a Producer, Not a Publisher: Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMarketers need to think and act more like executive producers, those people behind the scenes of movies and TV shows who spend all their time "trying to find the resources to create the right kind of content for the right ...
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Web Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Brain Science and Web MarketingBroadcast on 2/26/2015 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll reveal the secrets of marketing masters and provide you with neuromarketing tactics applicable to the relationship between the brain, behavior, and marketing on the web. We'll share research, case studies, and specific neuromarketing tactics that any brand can use to better connect with their customers—including the use of social proof, psychological anchoring, and how to tap into cognitive biases in your writing.
- MarketingProfs University: How to Build and Maintain a Thriving Content EcosystemBroadcast on 11/3/2011 with Ann Handley, Matthew T. GrantAnn Handley and Matthew T. Grant walk you through creating, implementing, and sustaining a content marketing program by remaining what you already have.
- MarketingProfs University: Winning the Video RevolutionBroadcast on 10/13/2011 with Steve StockmanDuring this PRO seminar you'll learn how to rethink your approach to video and create videos that don't suck. Uncover the 10 critical elements of an effective video, including why audiences watch videos and how to make your story a success.
- MarketingProfs University: Getting Your Website Strategy RightBroadcast on 7/14/2011 with Gerry McGovernYou don't need a website strategy; you need a task strategy. Manage the customer task, and measure website success based on task completion.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page DesignBroadcast on 11/11/2010 with Tim AshLearn how to avoid the most common landing page sins and increase conversions in this fast-paced and entertaining session with noted conversion expert and bestselling author Tim Ash.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
- Leading Them by the Nose: How Web Visitors Follow the Scent of InformationBroadcast on 3/4/2010 with Jared SpoolGot Web content? Are visitors successful finding it, or do they give up and hit the Back button?
- Word Perfect: Rewrite Your Website to Engage Customers and Inspire Their TrustBroadcast on 10/29/2009 with Erin AndersonYou'd think that in 2009, effective copywriting for the Web is a no-brainer. Apparently not!
- Search Engine Optimizing Your Website, Soup to NutsBroadcast on 1/15/2009 with Stephan Spencer, Mark KaufmanIf you're a marketer looking for a fresh crash course in SEO, this 90-minute seminar is for you ...
Web Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Five Ways to Refresh Your Website (Without Spending a Fortune!)Released on 2/6/2015 with Sherice JacobIn just 10 minutes, we'll share five simple tips to improve and refresh your website. You'll be able to makeover your website so that it looks current, loads faster, and increases your search engine optimization ranking—without wasting your time and money.
- Take 10: How to Gain More Search Visibility From Blog PostsReleased on 11/14/2014 with Lorrie Thomas RossIn just 10 minutes, we'll share how you can optimize your blog for search with easy architectural tactics and tools. Plus, you'll learn simple steps that you can add into your blogging routine to give your content more SEO power.
- Take 10: UX for the Non-Techie—How to Better Guide the User Through Your SiteReleased on 10/3/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn some simple UX tricks to improve your website and your clients' journey to ensure that each page contains useful information and a meaningful call to action. Plus, you'll learn how staying agile can quickly enhance the UX and keep your clients' coming back.
- Take 10: No More Boring Blogs—Top Five Content Ideas for Your B2B BlogReleased on 8/22/2014 with MaryAnn PfeifferIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to write an inspiring B2B blog that's NOT boring. You'll learn the top five content ideas you can use right away, and understand why and how the right kind of content can help your blog grow your business.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: Merchandising Your Home Page to Increase SalesReleased on 7/19/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the three most important things to consider when merchandising your home page that will not only increase conversion, but also increase your average sale.
- Take 10: Three Tools for Website SuccessReleased on 2/10/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Take 10, you'll learn about why content is your site's lifeblood and how navigation and layout guide the viewer to take action.
- Take 10: How to Add Your SEO Keywords to Your Website ContentReleased on 6/25/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, Janet Driscoll Miller, the president and CEO of Search Mojo shares her keyword expertise and guides you through the process of knowing where and how to place keywords, how to get your content ranked high by search engines, and even how to work through the problem of page elements not recognized by search engines.