Web Content: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
#SocialSkim: Instagram's Spinoff, Facebook's Latest Ad Offering, the Feds and Twitter, More!Angela NatividadGet the scoop on Instagram's new spinoff app Hyperlapse, Twitter's plans to send agencies to #FlightSchool, Facebook's latest ad offering, and why the Feds are watching tweets way more closely ...
How to Close the Gap Between Sales and MarketingDavid Meerman ScottMost sales and marketing teams continue to operate out of alignment. They questions each other's skills and commitment to the job. They fight over the quality of the leads. But ...
Small YouTube Special Features You've Wrongfully IgnoredAmanda DiSilvestroThese might not be the most popular video features or the most talked-about options, but they can give your video that extra something it needs to stand out from among ...
How to Build a Blogging Content StudioMatthew StibbeWe've constructed an efficient and repeatable process for producing and promoting remarkable blog content. These hard-won tips are derived from a lot of trial and error: We've stumbled in the ...
The Website Experience Consumers Value Most [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiMost US consumers (52%) say high performance is the quality they value most in website experience, according to a recent report from Limelight Networks.
To Meet Tomorrow's Marketing Challenges, You Need These People on Your Team TodayPreeti UpadhyayaHow marketing and creative content is consumed is changing on a daily basis. To succeed, the marketing teams of the future will have to keep up with trends shaping how ...
Why Your Web Copy Is Missing the Mark (and How You Can Fix It)Tara ChilaWriting for a website is different from other kinds of writing. If you are new to writing online copy, you have to learn what works and what doesn't, and you ...
#SocialSkim: Facebook Mood Manipulator, and News From Snapchat, Reddit, Instagram, More!Angela NatividadStill peeved about Facebook manipulating your feelings? A clever Mood Manipulator plugin lets you decide how your News Feed feels. We've also got Snapchat news, Reddit Live, an Instagram case ...
A Well-Balanced Content Menu for Your Blog [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiKeep readers coming back to your blog by regularly serving them generous portions of hearty content. The following infographic by LinkedIn offers content ideas from the various blogging food groups.
Four Ways to Give Your Website That Local Flavor All Over the WorldRachel ChilsonYour website is your storefront to the world. If you want to reach targeted locales around the globe, you need to localize your site to meet your audiences' unique ...
Web Content: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Social Media and the Future of Publishing: Amy Maniatis of National Geographic Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneNational Geographic has dominated print media for 125 years, and now the organization is staking its claim on social networks and photo-sharing sites. EVP and CMO Amy Maniatis discusses brand management, the power of content, and the importance of emerging ...
Think Like a Producer, Not a Publisher: Andrew Davis on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantMarketers need to think and act more like executive producers, those people behind the scenes of movies and TV shows who spend all their time "trying to find the resources to create the right kind of content for the right ...
Getting Content Strategy Right: Michael Brenner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantThe "S" word can be intimidating, but failure to articulate a clear strategy (and goals!) for your content marketing will undermine its effectiveness. Here, Michael Brenner discusses how SAP defines—and implements—its content strategy.
Web Content: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: How to Build and Maintain a Thriving Content EcosystemBroadcast on 11/3/2011 with Ann Handley, Matthew T. GrantAnn Handley and Matthew T. Grant walk you through creating, implementing, and sustaining a content marketing program by remaining what you already have.
- MarketingProfs University: Winning the Video RevolutionBroadcast on 10/13/2011 with Steve StockmanDuring this PRO seminar you'll learn how to rethink your approach to video and create videos that don't suck. Uncover the 10 critical elements of an effective video, including why audiences watch videos and how to make your story a success.
- MarketingProfs University: Getting Your Website Strategy RightBroadcast on 7/14/2011 with Gerry McGovernYou don't need a website strategy; you need a task strategy. Manage the customer task, and measure website success based on task completion.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Optimizing Content for SEOBroadcast on 12/9/2010 with Heather Lloyd-MartinJoin us for this exciting and fast-paced Hot Seat Lab where you'll learn best practices for writing SEO content that will achieve higher rankings in search engines. Plus, you'll witness several live website critiques where Heather Lloyd Martin will provide actionable tips for improving content in a way that will draw more customers to your site.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Landing Page DesignBroadcast on 11/11/2010 with Tim AshLearn how to avoid the most common landing page sins and increase conversions in this fast-paced and entertaining session with noted conversion expert and bestselling author Tim Ash.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
- Leading Them by the Nose: How Web Visitors Follow the Scent of InformationBroadcast on 3/4/2010 with Jared SpoolGot Web content? Are visitors successful finding it, or do they give up and hit the Back button?
- Word Perfect: Rewrite Your Website to Engage Customers and Inspire Their TrustBroadcast on 10/29/2009 with Erin AndersonYou'd think that in 2009, effective copywriting for the Web is a no-brainer. Apparently not!
- Search Engine Optimizing Your Website, Soup to NutsBroadcast on 1/15/2009 with Stephan Spencer, Mark KaufmanIf you're a marketer looking for a fresh crash course in SEO, this 90-minute seminar is for you ...
- Content Marketing: How to Position Your Company as a Trusted Expert ResourceBroadcast on 12/4/2008 with Joe PulizziWhat's the best way to start building a relationship with potential buyers? Educate them about your industry, possible solution choices, best practices, and the right questions to ask.
Web Content: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: No More Boring Blogs—Top Five Content Ideas for Your B2B BlogReleased on 8/22/2014 with MaryAnn PfeifferIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to write an inspiring B2B blog that's NOT boring. You'll learn the top five content ideas you can use right away, and understand why and how the right kind of content can help your blog grow your business.
- Take 10: Stop Wasting Your PowerPoints! How to Squeeze All the Good Stuff OutReleased on 5/16/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, you will learn how to extend the reach of your PowerPoint presentation through various social tools, resulting in more views and greater interest in your brand or service. You'll be able to put the content you've already created to work right away with these easy, yet effective, tips.
- Take 10: Merchandising Your Home Page to Increase SalesReleased on 7/19/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn the three most important things to consider when merchandising your home page that will not only increase conversion, but also increase your average sale.
- Take 10: Three Tools for Website SuccessReleased on 2/10/2012 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn this Take 10, you'll learn about why content is your site's lifeblood and how navigation and layout guide the viewer to take action.
- Take 10: How to Add Your SEO Keywords to Your Website ContentReleased on 6/25/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, Janet Driscoll Miller, the president and CEO of Search Mojo shares her keyword expertise and guides you through the process of knowing where and how to place keywords, how to get your content ranked high by search engines, and even how to work through the problem of page elements not recognized by search engines.