Targeting: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
A Handy Guide to Using Quizzes in Your Content MarketingJosh HaynamAfter helping 2,000 brands create online quizzes, I crunched the numbers to determine which quizzes generate great response and traffic. Here are my insider secrets for creating quizzes that get ...
Marketing Retargeting: Trends, Benchmarks, and ChallengesAyaz NanjiMost enterprise marketers (88%) say they are already using digital retargeting to re-engage users who haven't converted or purchased on initial visits, according to a recent report from Marin Software.
Twitter Remarketing: What It Is and How to Use It to Target AudiencesMatthew YeomanWhen Twitter remarketing is used alongside Twitter's already familiar Twitter Ads and Cards, Twitter marketers gain a powerful new ally.
Five Tips and Examples for Digital Marketing SuccessSarika PeriwalWith every passing day, getting noticed by your audience is becoming more and more difficult. Being in the right place, at the right time, in front of the right people ...
The Five Must-Have Traits of an Optimized Business BlogHayley MullenContent marketing's honeymoon is over. You can't just create good blog content and call it a day. You now have to consider the entire content experience you're giving your audiences, ...
Search Retargeting: A Quick How-To GuideBen PlomionMost online marketers are familiar with retargeting—or they should be. Search retargeting, a more recent incarnation, is uniquely powerful, and on the rise... These six steps will help you launch ...
Instagram's Ad-Supported Model: How Can Instagram Succeed?Vahe HabeshianInstagram launched its ad-supported model with an ad for a Michael Kors watch that showed up in the feeds of Instagram's users on Nov. 1. Three experts weigh in on ...
How to Increase Email Marketing Conversions [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiTo help boost your email marketing conversions, check out these suggestions from a Monetate infographic.
How to Harness Big Data for Better Holiday Shopping ExperiencesKelly FordThis holiday season, customer-centric brands have an opportunity to up the ante for their consumer shopping experiences with an ace in the hole: Big Data.
The 7 Biggest Misconceptions of Successful B2B MarketingRussell GlassWhat really drives success in B2B marketing can be hard to decipher. Here are seven misconceptions about what makes for truly successful B2B marketing—and how you can steer your efforts ...
Targeting: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Fun With Data Science: John Foreman of MailChimp Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMailChimp's chief data scientist explains what "data science" is and how it affects marketing communications, product development, and more. He offers marketing professionals concrete tips for crunching numbers to turn data into insights.
Audiences Are Assets: Author Jeffrey K. Rohrs Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneUsing paid advertising to borrow someone else's audience isn't sustainable. Jeffrey K. Rohrs explains how to build a "push-button audience" that will serve as a renewable energy source for your company.
Marketing Is Habit-Forming: Charles Duhigg Talks About the Power of Habit on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew Grant"During major life changes, our habits are up for grabs," Charles Duhigg says in this week's episode of Marketing Smarts. But when companies gather customer data to shape future buying habits, are they helping customers or helping themselves?
Targeting: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Want to Sit at the Grown-Up Table? Get Sirius About DataBroadcast on 11/12/2014 with John Donlon, Sean CrowleyJoin us for this free seminar where we'll provide a new framework to assess and advance your data management maturity. You'll learn how to make your engagements with prospects more relevant and opportunity creation more predictable and profitable.
- What Matters Next: Doing Business in 2010, with Seth & GuyBroadcast on 1/7/2010 with Seth Godin, Guy KawasakiTwo of the most prolific and admired marketing minds of our time talk about what should be on your radar for 2010.
- Email Customization: Getting Personal to Deepen Relationships, Generate Additional Sales, and MoreBroadcast on 5/22/2008 with Regina BradyMost marketers use a “one size fits all" approach to email marketing instead of segmenting their campaigns. There are some simple but effective personalization techniques that can be used to make a mailing feel more targeted to the individual—and earn better ROI.
- Identity Marketing: Using PR to Reach the Minds (and Wallets) of Today's Diverse ConsumersBroadcast on 4/24/2008 with Gail Z. MartinTraditional PR focuses on reaching mass media with a mass message. That doesn't cut it with today's multicultural consumer. Does your PR have what it takes to compete?
- Telling a Story that Sells: Case Studies with HeartBroadcast on 2/14/2008 with Gail Z. MartinCompelling case studies invite prospects to place themselves in the story and imagine the rewards of their own successful outcome. Case studies become a marketer's secret weapon for creating an emotional link with valuable prospects.
- Buyer Personas: A Smart Way to Align B2B Sales and MarketingBroadcast on 1/17/2008 with Adele RevellaSmart companies are using buyer personas to prepare for success at every step in the sales process. When sales and marketing can anticipate their buyers' questions, concerns and objections, they can confidently develop training and tools that establish the perfect answer to their buyers' needs.
- Tighten Up Your Marketing Plan: The Nuts and Bolts of Market SegmentationBroadcast on 8/2/2007 with Allen WeissDo you really know how to do market segmentation? It's the foundation of a sound marketing plan, and many companies are getting it all wrong. This is our 100th online seminar, and we're celebrating by bringing MarketingProfs founder and CEO Allen Weiss to share all he knows about this important topic. And there's a surprise at the end!
- Ten Cravings of Generation X and Y: Satisfying This Young and Lucrative MarketBroadcast on 7/26/2007 with Lisa JohnsonToday's 18-to-40-year-olds are savvy, sophisticated, and immune to conventional marketing strategies. But the buying habits of this lucrative market can be anticipated—and this seminar will reveal what works. Lisa Johnson, author, consumer expert and CEO of the Reach Group, uses her groundbreaking qualitative research, plus dozens of interviews with maverick thinkers to identify this connected generation’s new rules for engagement.
- How Connected People and Companies Are Winning Big in the Tech-Savvy Consumer PlaygroundBroadcast on 7/25/2007 with Lisa JohnsonOld business models are collapsing and there’s a new generation of inspired, renegade consumers who are rewriting the rules. Marketing is quickly moving from a push advertising model to one where highly networked customers spread the word about new products and services, and pull in only the information that they find interesting or useful. Want to crack the code of this new market?
- Segmenting the Hispanic Market: What the Numbers Really MeanBroadcast on 7/12/2007 with Blaire BorthayreThe Hispanic population has become a powerful economic force in the United States. These 43 million consumers now command enough buying power to make companies sit up and pay attention. But in this booming market, it's easy to be misled by the varied demographic information (and the lack of a conceptual framework) available to marketers.We will bring statistics to life in this online seminar, showing you how to pull together data that's relevant to your marketing goals.
Targeting: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: What's in it for Them? Crafting a Compelling Value PropositionReleased on 10/18/2013 with Corey EastmanIn just 10 minutes you'll learn how to identify who your ideal customer really is, and what your unique value proposition should be in order to achieve product-market fit.
- Take 10: How to Create a Lead Generation Form in MailChimpReleased on 1/13/2012 with Christine B. WhittemoreIn just 10 minutes, learn how to create a basic lead generation form in MailChimp.
- Take 10: Should You Have a Facebook Group, a Fan Page or Both?Released on 9/3/2010 with Jeff WidmanTo help you decide whether to start a Facebook Group or Page (or both), Jeff Widman efficiently identifies and analyzes the differences between them. He highlights which businesses need a Group, which need a Page, and which ones don't need either.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn GroupsReleased on 7/16/2010 with Jason AlbaLearn the finer points of LinkedIn Groups, find Groups appropriate for you and discover how to share your brand once you are a member.
Targeting: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- B2B Direct Marketing How-To GuideDirect marketing is one of the fastest changing disciplines within marketing today. What worked 10 years ago, isn't working today. Heck, what worked last week sometimes doesn't even work today, so keep your skills sharp with his How-To guide, focusing on the B2B market.
- Benchmark Survey: Marketing to HispanicsLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2006 survey of the ways companies are targeting their marketing efforts, and adjusting their business processes, for the lucrative Spanish-speaking segment. With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.