Web Copy: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Get Rid of Your Lousy 'About' Page Once and for AllSonja JobsonYour "About" page is one of the most popular destinations on your website. Leaving your "About" page in sub-par condition is costing you more than you think. So why have ...
Most Global Marketers Lack Multilingual Content StrategyAyaz NanjiMore than half (60%) of companies that market globally have no overarching multilingual content marketing strategy, accord to a recent report by Cloudwords.
The Epic Face-Off in Copywriting: Hype vs. No-Hype [Infographic]Marcia YudkinThis is the best infographic you have ever seen discussing the difference between hype-filled writing and straightforward copy. Which one works best for your audience?
Love, Signals, Noise... and Great Business WritingRichard Pelletier"People who think well, write well," said David Ogilvy. Good writing is the clearest indicator of good thinking. You also need love and commitment.
In Content Marketing, 'People Buy on Emotion and Rationalize With Logic' Is a Mistake (Pt. 2)Catherine SherlockIn Part 1, we began the examination of how emotion and logic operate in the buying cycle, and we covered what sort of content to produce for the Awareness stage. ...
The Best Content Ideas Come From Customers' NightmaresBarry FeldmanWant to get frighteningly good at content marketing? Take a trip with me to the dark side. Off we go... venturing into some scary territory: the human psyche. Who knows ...
The State of Digital Copywriting: Top Challenges and TrendsAyaz NanjiThe majority (60%) of marketers and content creators say one of their biggest digital copywriting challenges is that "people just don't get what good copy is," according to a recent ...
Five Tips to Emotionally Connect Readers to Your WritingChris NosalMost bloggers don't know how to emotionally connect with readers and get them sucked into their blog posts and articles. Here, I want to give you five easy tactics to ...
Top 10 Content Marketing Strategy Mistakes, and How to Correct Them (Part 1 of 3)Tommy Walker"Content marketing strategy" is a phrase that gets thrown around quite a bit, but how well do we really understand it? Not well at all, which is why content marketers ...
Buried Treasure: How to Find Great Content Right Under Your NoseTerri ThorntonYour PR folks have access to content treasure you didn't know you had—without weighing down your team or running up the bill. Here are some easy ways they can help ...
Web Copy: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- MarketingProfs University: Creating a Winning Web PresenceBroadcast on 4/12/2012 with Philippa GamseThis PRO seminar and first class of MarketingProfs University's Websites That Work course will ensure that you're investing wisely, making the most of all opportunities, and maximizing your ROI when it comes to your Web presence.
- MarketingProfs University: Getting Your Website Strategy RightBroadcast on 7/14/2011 with Gerry McGovernYou don't need a website strategy; you need a task strategy. Manage the customer task, and measure website success based on task completion.
- Sure-Fire Tips for Increasing Your Web ConversionsBroadcast on 9/30/2010 with Amy AfricaDesigning an effective website that generates leads for your business and converts leads to sales is a huge challenge. Amy Africa has perfected the art and science of Web usability and will supply you with tons of proven tactics to increase conversions.
- Today's Top Five SEO EssentialsBroadcast on 3/11/2010 with Janet Driscoll MillerDon't have the time or money to thoroughly search optimize your website? Learn what's absolutely critical to your SEO success.
- Customer Carewords: Words on the Web that Make the SaleBroadcast on 12/13/2007 with Gerry McGovernYou're familiar with search engine optimization and how there are a certain set of words that people tend to search with. But when people get to your website, a different set of words become important. These are "customer carewords." Choosing the right search keywords will bring people to your website, but choosing the right customer carewords will bring them through your website and complete the sale!
- Getting Google to Love Your Website . . . AgainBroadcast on 9/28/2006 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisHave you been keeping up? Does Google still love your website as much as it did several years ago? Or has it found a new love? Your site can get back in Google's favor, once you understand what Google is looking for, this seminar will show you how.
- Search Engine Optimization: Maximize Your Natural Search ChannelBroadcast on 11/18/2004 with Stephan Spencer, Brian KlaisThere is a science behind designing websites that achieve top rankings in the search engine. In this seminar, you will learn practical tips you can apply immediately to maximize your reach.
Web Copy: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Increase Website ConversionReleased on 8/17/2012 with Sherice JacobIn just ten minutes, you'll learn how to optimize your website to increase your conversion rate right away!
- Take 10: 5 Rules for Creating Powerful Calls-to-ActionReleased on 8/26/2011 with Doug MetzgarIn this Take 10 tactical webcast, you'll be guided through a checklist of must-haves for creating calls-to-action that convert.