Testing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
B2B Event-Driven Marketing: Triggers Your Analytics Shouldn't MissVince Stuntebeck, Trevor JonesThe retail industry has recognized that critical events in customers' lives can shift loyalties, or serve as opportunities to retain or upsell via event-driven marketing. That approach can also work ...
Helpful Conversion Optimization Advice From Rich Page: Get Started, Get ResultsHunter BoyleConversion-rate optimization can be intimidating, especially since marketers don't have many sources of clear advice on how to avoid common pitfalls, generate strong ideas, and run tests that get real ...
Landing Page Optimization Is Not a Strategy, CXO IsMark SimpsonLanding pages aren't dead—or even unimportant—but you shouldn't be treating them as a standalone strategy. Rather, you should be focusing on the big picture: optimizing the entire customer experience.
Building a Website Testing and Optimization Program: Measurement (Part 3)Kim Ann KingLearn how to measure and communicate the results of your website testing and optimization efforts in this third article of a three-part series on the steps you need to take ...
Building a Website Testing and Optimization Program: Implementation (Part 2)Kim Ann KingThis second article in a three-part series on website testing and optimization outlines the four key steps you'll need to take to implement your optimization program.
Building a Culture of Testing and Optimization: Planning (Part 1)Kim Ann KingWhether you've been testing for years or you're just getting started, your optimization program's success depends on careful planning, implementation, and measurement. This is the first in a three-part series ...
The B2B Lead Generation Manifesto [Slide Show]Christian GulliksenAre you happy with the quality and quantity of your leads? If not, your lead generation program likely needs a tune-up using the following five principles of lead generation.
Is 'Free' Still a Dirty Word?"Email marketing can be a tricky balancing act," writes Melissa Miller at HubSpot. "You want to use copy that will get your recipients' attention, but you don't want to select ...
Five A/B Tests You Should Use"A/B testing is one of the most methodical and sure-fire methods...to gauge the viability of your marketing strategy," writes Ruben Corbo in a guest post at Remarkablogger. With A/B testing—which simply ...
Eight Key Lessons on Running a Top-Notch A/B Testing ProgramSlavik VolinskyRunning an A/B test requires resources, so it pays to know how to conduct tests for the maximum benefit to your organization. Here are eight of the most important lessons ...
Testing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Email Marketing for Rebels: DJ Waldow and Jason Falls on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAll rumors to the contrary, email marketing is not dead or dying. In fact, email is thriving, according to DJ Waldow and his co-conspirator Jason Falls, co-authors of the forthcoming book, The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing, which explodes many ...
Testing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Selling Social to the C-SuiteBroadcast on 7/15/2010 with Brian SolisThis seminar will provide you with the insight and directives necessary to shift from the role of champion to business strategist and help you set a plan to convey the importance of engaging in social media to senior management.
- Cracking the Code: Web Analytics for Paid Search AdvertisingBroadcast on 6/25/2009 with Avinash KaushikAre you measuring the right things in your Pay-Per-Click campaigns? It's time to find out—and easily improve your ROI.
- Actionable Web Analytics: Unleash the Marketing Power of Your Web DataBroadcast on 8/28/2008 with Avinash KaushikYou don't necessarily need MORE data about your online visitors' behavior... you need to pinpoint the data that will help you make better marketing and design decisions. Getting it might not be as painful as you think.
- Post-Click Marketing: How to Make Your Landing Pages Hit, Not MissBroadcast on 9/13/2007 with Scott BrinkerYou spend good money buying clicks. Since every click leads to a landing experience—someone clicks on your ad or email link, hey, they land somewhere—you're really spending that money on generating paid landing experiences. Given that realization, how do you maximize landing experiences, with the quantitative goal of increasing conversions and the qualitative goal of building your brand?
- Testing, Testing -- The Last (and Best) Direct Marketing TacticBroadcast on 3/15/2007 with Bill BairdYou'll learn exactly how to test, what to test, and where to test to maximize your marketing ROI. You'll leave with concrete principles and practical, real-life case study examples in both B2C and B2B environments.
- Crash Course #4: Integrated Media Planning in Direct Marketing to ConsumersBroadcast on 12/14/2006 with Shari AltmanIn this information-packed session, we discuss the strategic and operational issues that you need to consider when determining which combination of media are most suitable for reaching your target market.
- Crash Course #3: How to Craft a Compelling Direct Marketing Offer and Call-to-ActionBroadcast on 11/30/2006 with Cyndi GreenglassIn this seminar, you'll learn how to develop an offer strategy based on your marketing objectives, and how to match that strategy to multiple target audience segments. We'll examine the differences between lead generation and direct sales offers.
- Demystifying Website Usability: Rapid Research for MarketersBroadcast on 7/25/2006 with Kelly GotoVeteran Usability expert Kelly Goto takes you through the basics of informal usability testing—demystifying it in the process. Learn about rapid testing techniques that enable you to ramp up, execute and implement results in just a week.
Testing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Three High Impact Email Marketing Tests You Can Implement TodayReleased on 10/26/2012 with Hunter BoyleIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to implement a few quick and easy high-impact tests that will garner results.
- Take 10: How to Set Up a Multivariate Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 4/8/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, SEO expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you through the process of setting up a multivariate test using Google Website Optimizer.
- Take 10: How to Set Up an A/B Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 3/4/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn this Take 10 webcast, optimization expert Janet Driscoll Miller walks you through how to set up an A/B experiment in Google Website Optimizer. She demonstrates each step in the process.
Testing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Online Research How-To GuideSet clear objectives and a realistic scope to online research projects. These are just two of the steps that this comprehensive, step-by-step planning guide will help you to accomplish to insure your online research results in the most relevant and useful information possible.
- Benchmark Survey: Email MarketingLink directly to the raw (aggregate) data in this 2005 survey of the ways companies are using email marketing, the cost savings they are experiencing, and the ways they combat list fatigue, declining open rates and other common email marketing challenges.With access to the raw data, you can view the results, and even filter them to see how a subset of companies in your country or industry answered. In this way, you can interpret the data in the most meaningful way for your business.