Web Analytics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
Three Steps to Refreshing Your BlogJulie R. NeidlingerIt is easy to become so focused on creating content for your blog, and marketing it properly, that you forget to periodically check its health. Here's how to turn a ...
Forget the Funnel, Use the Sales Radar to Find the Invisible SaleTom MartinI once had to call on a prospect 52 times before we were invited to pitch. But the last client I picked up at my current firm took exactly one ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Social Sales and Social ROIAngela NatividadGet the skinny on the job-quitting video that went viral... and the shafted company's viral-worthy response. See how Breaking Bad's finale played out online... and among brands. Learn to build ...
#SocialSkim: Social Media This Week, Including Facebook and Twitter Playing NiceAngela NatividadReview the best (and worst) of "real-time" marketing efforts during the Emmy Awards. Get the scoop on the first use of Tumblr in a court case; a new app that ...
One Way to Calculate ROI for Your Offline AdsGeoff KenyonVery few businesses run entirely online, which means most are going to have offline advertising campaigns. Make visiting your website one of your offline calls to action, and you can ...
Three Ways to Juice Your Marketing Results Using ColorTom ShapiroYou might not think much about it, but we experience the world through colors. Every day, in all we do, we respond to the colors around us. That has implications ...
How to Improve Conversion Rates on Your Website: Article 4 of 4Sean EllisYou are now in a position to execute an informed conversion rate optimization program—one designed to address the most important and promising areas of improvement.
Work Smarter, Not Harder, With Marketing AutomationAdam BlitzerWhether you're completely new to marketing automation or already approaching pro status, there are several things you can and should be doing. Here are a few ways to integrate and ...
How to Uncover Confusion in Your Conversion Funnel: Article 2 of 4Sean EllisJust how do you optimize your funnel, and shuttle visitors quickly along their way to the experience that will turn them not just into a conversion but into engaged users ...
Improve Online Events by Tracking Attendee BehaviorEric VidalIf you ask people about their preferences, their answers aren't always accurate. But by tracking and analyzing behavioral data gathered during webcasts you'll be able to "hear" what your customers ...
Web Analytics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Content Marketing and Entrepreneurship: Skyword CEO Tom Gerace Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSerial entrepreneur and Skyword CEO Tom Gerace talks with Marketing Smarts about content strategy, affiliate marketing, entrepreneurship, and everything in between.
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Every Message Must Be Relevant: IBM's Yuchun Lee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAccording to IBM's Yuchun Lee, "every communication has to be relevant. That has to be the bar." So how do you make sure that the messages you send out, the offers you make, and the content you create are relevant?
Web Analytics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Don't Be a Report Monkey: Three Steps to Optimizing Online MarketingBroadcast on 9/16/2010 with Jim SterneDiscover what it takes to make the most of the tools and data you have to become an indispensable source of business insight for your organization.
- Multi-Channel Analytics: Tackling the Toughest Measurement ChallengeBroadcast on 6/3/2010 with Avinash KaushikLearn how to run multi-channel analytics to measure your non-line impact. You'll get practical tips that will help you identify how to measure your campaigns (and hence claim as much of the credit as possible for your hard work!).
- Cracking the Code: Web Analytics for Paid Search AdvertisingBroadcast on 6/25/2009 with Avinash KaushikAre you measuring the right things in your Pay-Per-Click campaigns? It's time to find out—and easily improve your ROI.
- How to Make Your B-to-B Website a Lead Generation MachineBroadcast on 2/26/2009 with Bob DeStefanoWhat's your website done for you lately? Bet it could be doing MORE...
- Actionable Web Analytics: Unleash the Marketing Power of Your Web DataBroadcast on 8/28/2008 with Avinash KaushikYou don't necessarily need MORE data about your online visitors' behavior... you need to pinpoint the data that will help you make better marketing and design decisions. Getting it might not be as painful as you think.
- Using e-Metrics to Optimize Your All-Around Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 4/3/2008 with Jim SterneOnline marketing professionals have been monitoring the success of their websites for a little over ten years now. They have been using the Internet to test alternatives in marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, offers, promotions and more. Today, these techniques can be directed at the offline world as well.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Really Big WebsitesBroadcast on 6/28/2007 with Stephan Spencer, Chris SmithGot a large, complex, database-driven website? Then you're in luck, because such a site represents the best opportunity for capturing visitors from search engines such as Google. That's because a large site has so much of what the engines love—content!Want to know the "magic" that turns that content into an abundance of high rankings? It's all in how you present that content to the engines and link it internally within your site.
- Crash Course #5: The Wide World of Direct Marketing on the WebBroadcast on 1/18/2007 with Jane WeberThis information-packed session will be a fast-paced scan of major online marketing trends and best practices. This session will offer examples from top marketers, including a successful magazine publisher.
- Maximize Value with Killer Web Content, with Gerry McGovernBroadcast on 12/9/2005 with Gerry McGovernTalking about volume is the wrong way to think about the Web if you want to maximize value. The Web is a self service environment, and if you want to maximize value, focus your energies on what most people want to do most of the time. What’s that? Complete tasks.
Web Analytics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Easily Measure Social Media Campaigns on a Small BudgetReleased on 2/17/2012 with Nichole KellyIn just 10 minutes, learn how to integrate free (or inexpensive) tools like Google Analytics and HootSuite Pro into your website and social media campaigns to help track social media performance and report on social media results.
- Take 10: How to Set Up a Multivariate Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 4/8/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, SEO expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you through the process of setting up a multivariate test using Google Website Optimizer.
- Take 10: Google Tools the Pros Use for Advanced Competitive ResearchReleased on 12/10/2010 with Sean CampbellTake a quick tour of the advanced Google tools the pros use to guide their online research, gather insight on competitors, and get a solid read on the state of the industry in this Take 10 presentation by market research specialist Sean Campbell.