Web Analytics: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
2 Million Blog Posts Are Written Every Day, Here's How You Can Stand OutPuranjay SinghYou've been told by "experts" for years that if you blog consistently, you will see truckloads of traffic, thousands of subscribers, and millions of dollars in sales. Here's the truth.
Marketers, Here's How to Answer the 'What Have You Done for Me Lately?' Question [Infographic]Laura Patterson, Jerry RackleyMost marketers are facing constant scrutiny regarding their performance and contribution. Very few, however, are responding to it in a way that inspires confidence.
Analytics and Metrics: Related but Not the Same (An Explanation and a Checklist)Laura PattersonThough marketers use metrics and analytics to prove and improve marketing's value, the two are not the same. We explain each and offer a checklist to help you determine your ...
These Six Stupid Marketing Metrics Need to DieLarry KimIt's amazing what some marketers are still measuring. Maybe they don't know any better, or maybe they're just married to legacy metrics that once made sense. But they're probably doing ...
SEO Checklist: 15 Steps to Optimize Your WebsiteEugene DediuToday, you can easily create a website, and even gather a team around it to grow the site through content. But that's not enough to get your site on the ...
Top Six Email Marketing Trends You Need to Keep Pace WithLiga BizuneEmail marketing is likely a vital part of you marketing strategy. You'll need to keep up with these email trends if you want your marketing to remain relevant.
#SocialSkim: The Truth About Facebook Reach, a Hashtag Primer, YouTube Turns 10, More!Angela NatividadLearn what Facebook now prioritizes in its News Feed and why users come back to it over and over. You'll also score a primer on how hashtags work across different ...
Experience Marketing: How to Build a Customer-Centric Marketing MachineLars Birkholm PetersenTo create more connected brand experiences for our customers, we need to go from inside-out digital marketing to outside-in, cross-channel experience marketing—which focuses on the customer's needs and intent.
Five Ways to Counteract Facebook's News Feed Post CrackdownAlfredo RamosWhat can you do to counteract the ill effects of Facebook's recent changes to its News Feed algorithm... and continue to get the most out of the social network?
Four Metrics to Track During Your Next Virtual EventEric VidalAttendance alone does not determine an event's success, especially an online event's. Here are four types of metrics to help you measure overall effectiveness and success before, during, and after ...
Web Analytics: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
Content Marketing and Entrepreneurship: Skyword CEO Tom Gerace Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSerial entrepreneur and Skyword CEO Tom Gerace talks with Marketing Smarts about content strategy, affiliate marketing, entrepreneurship, and everything in between.
Don't Let Data Drive, Let It Inform: Beth Kanter and KD Paine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBeth Kanter and Katie Delahaye (KD) Paine, authors of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit: Using Data to Change the World, discuss performance metrics and nonprofits.
Did You See That? EyeTrackShop's Jeff Bander Talks Eye Tracking on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantBefore we can effectively communicate with our customers, we need to get their attention. According to Jeff Bander of EyeTrackShop, this means that when evaluating the effectiveness of our ads or calls-to-action or emails or whatever, we need to answer ...
Every Message Must Be Relevant: IBM's Yuchun Lee on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAccording to IBM's Yuchun Lee, "every communication has to be relevant. That has to be the bar." So how do you make sure that the messages you send out, the offers you make, and the content you create are relevant?
Web Analytics: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Use Testing to Improve Website ConversionsBroadcast on 12/11/2014 with Justin RondeauIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the steps you should take to use testing to increase your conversion rates. You'll learn what elements to focus on, including lead generation pages, the homepage, and buttons. You'll walk away with new ideas that you can apply to your website and landing pages immediately.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: The Chemistry of the Landing PageBroadcast on 2/27/2014 with Brian MasseyThis PRO seminar will provide actionable tips and best practices to navigate the complexities of creating result-driving landing pages.
- The Next Generation of Landing Pages: What's New, What's Hot, What's PerformingBroadcast on 11/10/2011 with Scott BrinkerTake a whirlwind tour of state-of-the-art landing page strategies and tactics, and update your Web marketing repertoire with a new set of best practices that you can put into action.
- Don't Be a Report Monkey: Three Steps to Optimizing Online MarketingBroadcast on 9/16/2010 with Jim SterneDiscover what it takes to make the most of the tools and data you have to become an indispensable source of business insight for your organization.
- Multi-Channel Analytics: Tackling the Toughest Measurement ChallengeBroadcast on 6/3/2010 with Avinash KaushikLearn how to run multi-channel analytics to measure your non-line impact. You'll get practical tips that will help you identify how to measure your campaigns (and hence claim as much of the credit as possible for your hard work!).
- Cracking the Code: Web Analytics for Paid Search AdvertisingBroadcast on 6/25/2009 with Avinash KaushikAre you measuring the right things in your Pay-Per-Click campaigns? It's time to find out—and easily improve your ROI.
- How to Make Your B-to-B Website a Lead Generation MachineBroadcast on 2/26/2009 with Bob DeStefanoWhat's your website done for you lately? Bet it could be doing MORE...
- Actionable Web Analytics: Unleash the Marketing Power of Your Web DataBroadcast on 8/28/2008 with Avinash KaushikYou don't necessarily need MORE data about your online visitors' behavior... you need to pinpoint the data that will help you make better marketing and design decisions. Getting it might not be as painful as you think.
- Using e-Metrics to Optimize Your All-Around Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 4/3/2008 with Jim SterneOnline marketing professionals have been monitoring the success of their websites for a little over ten years now. They have been using the Internet to test alternatives in marketing strategy, messaging, positioning, offers, promotions and more. Today, these techniques can be directed at the offline world as well.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Really Big WebsitesBroadcast on 6/28/2007 with Stephan Spencer, Chris SmithGot a large, complex, database-driven website? Then you're in luck, because such a site represents the best opportunity for capturing visitors from search engines such as Google. That's because a large site has so much of what the engines love—content!Want to know the "magic" that turns that content into an abundance of high rankings? It's all in how you present that content to the engines and link it internally within your site.
Web Analytics: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Use Predictive Analytics to Better Your BusinessReleased on 11/23/2012 with Laura PattersonIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to successfully use predictive analytics to optimize your campaigns and improve customer experience.
- Take 10: How to Easily Measure Social Media Campaigns on a Small BudgetReleased on 2/17/2012 with Nichole KellyIn just 10 minutes, learn how to integrate free (or inexpensive) tools like Google Analytics and HootSuite Pro into your website and social media campaigns to help track social media performance and report on social media results.
- Take 10: How to Set Up a Multivariate Experiment in Google Website OptimizerReleased on 4/8/2011 with Janet Driscoll MillerIn just 10 minutes, SEO expert Janet Driscoll Miller guides you through the process of setting up a multivariate test using Google Website Optimizer.
- Take 10: Google Tools the Pros Use for Advanced Competitive ResearchReleased on 12/10/2010 with Sean CampbellTake a quick tour of the advanced Google tools the pros use to guide their online research, gather insight on competitors, and get a solid read on the state of the industry in this Take 10 presentation by market research specialist Sean Campbell.