Trade Shows/Events: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
How to Budget for Tradeshows and EventsPeter SymondsThis handy guide breaks down the costs associated with exhibiting, from basic (stands and booths) to the cost of travel, day-of expenses, and entertainment of prospective clients and customers.
Four Surefire Ways to Fail at Tradeshow MarketingSteve PetersonTo avoid having your tradeshow exhibit become a tradeshow apocalypse, don't make these this four fatal tradeshow exhibiting mistakes.
A Brief Guide to Exhibiting at TradeshowsKelly EdwardsMerely hoping your exhibition goes well is much different from planning everything down to the last detail. So here's a "Quick, Easy-to-Remember Exhibition-Planning Checklist" to make sure your effort pays ...
Localize Marketing Campaigns to Get ROI on Global EventsLiz EltingMarketing during global-scale sporting events, when target markets encompass a wide spectrum of cultures and languages, marketers need to make sure their campaigns take into account the nuances created by ...
Top 10 Tips for Using a Celebrity SpokespersonDarcy BouzeosWe live in a celebrity-obsessed world. No wonder spokespersons are used to promote events, increase product sales, and generate publicity for marketing programs. As you plan your next marketing effort, ...
The B2B Marketer's Guide to SXSW 2014 [Infographic]Verónica Maria JarskiAre you a B2B marketer attending SXSW 2014? Then use this guide to help you plan which sessions, book signings, and meet-ups to attend.
How Marketers Measure the Effectiveness of Sponsorship and Event InitiativesAyaz NanjiSome 23% of marketers say they are not very satisfied with their ability to measure the ROI of sponsorship and event marketing initiatives, and 15% percent say they are not ...
The B2B Marketers Guide to Dreamforce 2013 [Infographic]If you're a B2B marketer attending Dreamforce, Nov. 18-21, 2013, in San Francisco, you need a quick guide to all its B2B-related sessions and networking events. The following infographic by ...
Top 5 Holiday Party Planning TipsCassie BrownIt is that time of year again, when employees are forced to attend a "morale-building event" that does nothing of the sort. But if you consider these five elements, a ...
A Guide to Using Social Media at TradeshowsDavid LlewellynTradeshows are where up-to-the-second media such as Twitter come into their own, helping make the physical event virtual, and bringing something very localized to a wider—and potentially global—audience.
Trade Shows/Events: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
B2B Marketing Confessions: John J. Wall Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJohn J. Wall, author of B2B Marketing Confessions, shares insights from his book, including an explanation of "pragmatic marketing" and tips for calculating tradeshow ROI.
Trade Shows/Events: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How to Turn Trade Show Leads Into Trade Show SalesBroadcast on 9/18/2014 with Jim BerettaIn this PRO seminar, we'll share proven tips and techniques that will help you continue the conversation after the show, extending the life of the event and your marketing budget. You'll learn how to master trade show data that can lead to big results for your company.
- How to Optimize and Measure Trade Show ROIBroadcast on 11/8/2012 with Skip CoxThis PRO seminar will provide marketers with a proven approach to accurately measuring the results of their events efforts.
- Make Your Next Tradeshow a Qualified SuccessBroadcast on 12/8/2011 with Rob Murphy, Ed JonesEverything you need to know about generating real, qualified leads from your tradeshow investment, including tips on setting your ROI strategy, capturing quality data, and keeping prospect engagement alive after the show.
- Boost Your Booth: Tradeshow Strategies That WorkBroadcast on 2/17/2011 with Bob KnorppLook beyond the logistics of trade show marketing and examine the underlying strategies necessary for achieving success. Uncover new ideas that can increase the number of qualified leads you generate.
- The Digital Marketing Mixer Sneak Peek: Fire-up Your Digital Marketing StrategyBroadcast on 10/1/2009 with The MixologistsIf you are considering attending our October event in Chicago, here’s your chance to listen to some of the thought leaders who will be speaking there ...
- Sneak Peek: B2B Forum 2009 in BostonBroadcast on 5/7/2009 with B2B Forum 2009 Sneak PeekGet a conference sneak peek when our own Roy Young talks with key presenters from our June 8-9 B2B Forum to get a realistic take on the issues, and what it will take to solve today’s biggest B2B marketing dilemmas.
- Beyond Trade Show Metrics: Improving Your Event Marketing ROIBroadcast on 7/10/2008 with Skip CoxToday's event marketers need predictive information to help them allocate budgets and get the best bottom line results possible. But how do you quantify the value of a trade show exhibit?
- Small Business Series: Why Most Small Businesses Fail (and How to Avoid Being One of Them)Broadcast on 5/18/2007 with Michael GoodmanWe’ll deal with everything, including: advertising, taglines, promotion, budgeting, publicity and low-cost market research. We’ll use case studies from small B2B and B2C companies and borrow ideas from larger companies as well.
- Crash Course #7: Integrated Media Planning in B-to-B Direct MarketingBroadcast on 2/1/2007 with Ruth StevensIn this information-packed session, we will discuss the media opportunities available to B2B marketers for customer acquisition. We'll cover the standard workhorses, like mail, phone and trade shows, as well as the new options, like prospecting databases and insert media.
- Trade Show Strategies: Ways to Get Bigger Bang from Your Marketing BuckBroadcast on 1/19/2006 with Ruth StevensUsing examples from HP, Northrup-Grumman, King Industries and others, this seminar will help you understand ways to get the most value from trade show marketing.
Trade Shows/Events: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Become a Trade Show Rock Star—10 Trade Show Pitfalls to AvoidReleased on 9/19/2014 with Jim BerettaIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn about 10 trade show pitfalls and how you can avoid them. Eliminating these trade show 'fails' will save you time and money, and help you release your inner trade show rock star.
- Take 10: Using Social Media to Get More Out of Your Tradeshow InvestmentReleased on 7/12/2013 with Traci BrowneIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn effective ways to integrate social media into your tradeshow efforts.
- Take 10: Tips to Measure Your Trade Show Success in Real TimeReleased on 4/5/2013 with Rob MurphyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn easy, do-it-yourself tips for measuring your trade show program—in real time.
- Take 10: How to Boost Event Attendance with Social Media MarketingReleased on 6/3/2011 with Alan BelniakIn this Take 10, social media expert Alan Belniak shares tips for using the most popular social media networks to build interest for special events. He also provides ideas for inspiring your business colleagues to use their social networks to promote conferences, forums, seminars, webinars, and much more.
- Take 10: Everything You Need to Know About LinkedIn EventsReleased on 10/8/2010 with Jason AlbaTake a quick 10-minute tour of LinkedIn Events with expert Jason Alba, who spells out not only how to access and use the Events application, but also how to wield its branding and word-of-mouth powers.
Trade Shows/Events: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Direct Marketing How-To Guide: Your Template for Optimal Media Selection for B2B MarketingFind out what's new, what's hot and what's not in B2B marketing trends.
- Trade Show Marketing TemplateTrade show marketing is a high-risk, high-reward endeavor. This Template provides a sytematic look at trade show marketing. It walks you through selection and promotion, to follow-up and measurement. This step-by-step guide will insure your trade show marketing is effective, efficient, measurable, and successful.